• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Not sure about that one... His attempted miracle offload on tackle #2 last night with less than 2 minutes to go in the first half (eventually resulting in a Souths try on half time) for a start.
He’s out of practice because he’s not allowed to do it. He used to offload every hit up.

All I’m saying is that he is starting to play the worth of the size of his contract. He is playing great only now starting to play like a 600k prop. Put in perspective that’s what Payne Hass in on
Yeah & how is Haas playing?

He’s out of practice because he’s not allowed to do it. He used to offload every hit up.

Offloads are good at the right moments, when the ball goes to a player in a better position.

Marty has had some good playmaking moments... but a lot of Marty's offloads since 2016 also involved him either doing a no-look speculator out the back (like last night), or pivoting around and tossing the ball to one in particular... with the ball then hitting the grass with someone else having to scramble to regain it.

To me (a total armchair expert) it seems like offloading the ball for the sake of offloading it (with seemingly not much direction or communication) is not something you can reliably build a winning game plan around...

One shocker, coming off a back injury, and people are calling for his head (yet I'm apparently the negative one).

He's been one of our most consistent forwards for years, and is a leader both on and off the park.

Des handling of Marty leaves a LOT to he desired. Marty wants a premiership, and he's in his twilight's.

People scoffed at Walker saying he wanted to go elsewhere to win a Premiership.

It would make a player feel despondant playing in a system they don't believe in.

He'll smash it next week, and quieten all the doubters !

As someone who's just recovered from Covid, it took a little over 2 weeks before I felt 'normal' but still not 100%. It seems Covid affects different people in different ways and, as Marty didn't play for 2 weeks, I can well understand if he was quite sick with it and may well not be completely recovered.

Based on my experience with it, I'm prepared to give Marty the benefit of the doubt about last night. Yes, he had a shocker but surely it wouldn't have been intentional. Also I think he's never been the same since his concussions last year and his back injury and it's a long time since he's featured in the 3-2-1 points.

Having said all that, without a contract for next year at this stage, I would think it's in Marty's best interests to play to impress...surely! His future depends on it. Fingers crossed he steps up next week and plays like the Marty we use to know.

One shocker, coming off a back injury, and people are calling for his head (yet I'm apparently the negative one).

He's been one of our most consistent forwards for years, and is a leader both on and off the park.

Des handling of Marty leaves a LOT to he desired. Marty wants a premiership, and he's in his twilight's.

People scoffed at Walker saying he wanted to go elsewhere to win a Premiership.

It would make a player feel despondant playing in a system they don't believe in.

He'll smash it next week, and quieten all the doubters !
His last good game for Manly was at shark park in 2017. He has been a disgrace to the jumper the last two years and should have his contract torn up.

I was so excited when he signed at Manly because he played with so much aggression and passion but he left it in the change room many seasons ago.

I just wanna scream in his face sometimes he pisses me off that much...all the talent in the world but does some criminally stupid things that demonstrate a complete lack of football awareness.

No excuse to throw that pass before halftime; we just got a 4 point lead playing with 12 and any slim chance to go on with it in the second half went out the window.
As our most experienced forward should have known better, and if he’s unhappy then play some of the younger brigade as we’ve done with Koula and Tuipolotou.

His last good game for Manly was at shark park in 2017. He has been a disgrace to the jumper the last two years and should have his contract torn up.

I was so excited when he signed at Manly because he played with so much aggression and passion but he left it in the change room many seasons ago.

I just wanna scream in his face sometimes he pisses me off that much...all the talent in the world but does some criminally stupid things that demonstrate a complete lack of football awareness.
Just like Jake ……

No excuse to throw that pass before halftime; we just got a 4 point lead playing with 12 and any slim chance to go on with it in the second half went out the window.
As our most experienced forward should have known better, and if he’s unhappy then play some of the younger brigade as we’ve done with Koula and Tuipolotou.
As I said in another post.... just like the crazy DCE pass to Saab. Our captain absolutely should have known better and that play was our killer - not the Marty play - that just ensured we would not rise again. the DCE pass put us in the grave after having our foot on South's neck in that first half. Very selective analysis by many on here to just focus on the Marty shocker.

I was excited when we signed him but he's never really lived up to the hype, the whole team kapow thing really got up my nose, I'm a team Manly man myself and one player separating himself from the pack goes against the whole team concept to me, I absolutely hate the way he pulls up before the defensive line, it makes him very ineffective, personally I'll be glad to see him gone, the $800k he frees up would be better off spent elsewhere. Just my honest opinion 🙂
Yes it’s not as if a few crank forum members want him gone. Even his defenders have gone to ground.

Saab has to be the next one gone, our right edge is a shambles and gets targeted every week, time for Koula/Tuipulotu to show their wares on the right side when Garrick returns to his wing and let Saab learn defence in ressies
That sounds like an experiment worth a run Ron - T8u and Koula are performing great.

Saab always has suspect def and also his workrate is not excessive - he doesn't make those 1%'ers that suggest to me he will take advantage of his natural size/speed ability and push himself.

These young guys are hungry and don't clock off. Been super impressive.

Offloads are good at the right moments, when the ball goes to a player in a better position.

Marty has had some good playmaking moments... but a lot of Marty's offloads since 2016 also involved him either doing a no-look speculator out the back (like last night), or pivoting around and tossing the ball to one in particular... with the ball then hitting the grass with someone else having to scramble to regain it.

To me (a total armchair expert) it seems like offloading the ball for the sake of offloading it (with seemingly not much direction or communication) is not something you can reliably build a winning game plan around...
He plays like a rookie player, not one with 200+ NRL games under his belt. Maybe he still thinks he’s at the Tigers?

There appears to be no footballing IQ at work inside his head.

The game has passed Taupau since he was never quick or mobile in what the game requires today. Unfortunately it's his last year and you can see his been disinterested. I wonder if he has signed anywhere else since that could be playing a part in these lackluster performances.

The game has passed Taupau since he was never quick or mobile in what the game requires today. Unfortunately it's his last year and you can see his been disinterested. I wonder if he has signed anywhere else since that could be playing a part in these lackluster performances.
Mate, the way he's been playing I wonder if he's even interested in running around again next year with anyone. He looks completely cooked, so I wouldn't be surprised if he decides he's had enough. The NRL is a tough game - battered on the field and insulted off the field by fans like us - so it'd be hard to blame him.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10