Manly vs Cowboys [Round 13, 2018] - Pre game Discussion Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Cowboys side now is quite frankly decimated. This is a chance to press our reasonable for and against given our position.

There is no excuse at home against these guys. A loss is unacceptable.

Paul Green is getting desperate now with his underperforming cowboys by naming Ben Hampton at Prop replacing matthew scott for his suspension. AFB will probably line him up in defence.

I saw this as well. No idea what’s doing but there is zero chance he can play Front Row, he’s been playing centre.

sulim637890333.jpg

Can't pick who that is leaping to take a bomb?
can't be our wingers...
they don't jump @:D

Because the 20 year old has zero experience in the NRL at fullback .........
No 20 year old player with lots of potential had NRL experience before they were given a break by their coach to excel
We both have different views on this one and thank you for yours
Seriously @BOZO,
If you could tell me that you thought Tom Wright should be fullback because you have been watching him play each week and feel that he is almost certainly ready to take on the role of fullback at a 1st grade level then sure, I could have some respect for what you are saying. But to me it feels like you are just jumping onto the hype that T.Wright was going to be the next rugby prodigy before Manly signed him just like Hastings could have been the perfect solution to the 5/8th problem (despite the fact half of Manly (and the Roosters) could not stand him).
I think M.Wright is a very ordinary player but the hatred on here for him is almost completely unfounded and if Brown had played more games you may have been able to blame the TEAM's performance solely on him instead and we would all be happy. I also feel T.Wright deserves games at an NRL level - but not at fullback, even Turbo spent time a significant number of games on the wing before he got a shot at the number 1.
I'm happy (and optimistic enough) to admit the coaching staff at Manly are in a better position than me to determine our best odds of picking up 2 points tomorrow and that based on current form, at NRL and NSW cup levels, that Matthew Wright is the most qualified to take on that role.

if-by-lets-agree-to-disagree-you-really-mean-lets-5110585.png

This game is the last time we play a team from the bottom 8 until Saturday 11th of August Round 22 against the bulldogs at lottoland.

Our next 8 games are:

> Rd 14: vs Warriors (H) in Christchurch (5th)
> Rd 15: vs Dragons (A) in Wollongong (2nd)
> Rd 16: vs Panthers (A) in Penrith (1st)
> Rd 17: BYE
> Rd 18: vs Storm (H) at Lottoland (6th)
> Rd 19: vs Rorters (H) at Lottoland (7th)
> Rd 20: vs Panthers (H) at Lottoland (1st)
> Rd 21: vs Sharks(A) in Cronulla (4th)

The draw is relentless, too many top 8 teams
I agree
This season has been gone well before this tough patch of our draw.
I see a few blowout scores but some games were we will upset some of these more fanceir teams.
Think anywhere from 10th-12th is where we will finish.
Finally I think one game can't say which one we will click and we will all be like " where has this been all season".

Seriously @BOZO,
If you could tell me that you thought Tom Wright should be fullback because you have been watching him play each week and feel that he is almost certainly ready to take on the role of fullback at a 1st grade level then sure, I could have some respect for what you are saying. But to me it feels like you are just jumping onto the hype that T.Wright was going to be the next rugby prodigy before Manly signed him just like Hastings could have been the perfect solution to the 5/8th problem (despite the fact half of Manly (and the Roosters) could not stand him).
I think M.Wright is a very ordinary player but the hatred on here for him is almost completely unfounded and if Brown had played more games you may have been able to blame the TEAM's performance solely on him instead and we would all be happy. I also feel T.Wright deserves games at an NRL level - but not at fullback, even Turbo spent time a significant number of games on the wing before he got a shot at the number 1.
I'm happy (and optimistic enough) to admit the coaching staff at Manly are in a better position than me to determine our best odds of picking up 2 points tomorrow and that based on current form, at NRL and NSW cup levels, that Matthew Wright is the most qualified to take on that role.

if-by-lets-agree-to-disagree-you-really-mean-lets-5110585.png

The hatred that you claim people on here have on M Wright is in your head
The only person that thinks that people are idiots just because others don't agree with them is you . Your character has come out in the way you view things .
Just because someone does not approve of a players selection it does not mean they hate them . Do you feel hatred for players you don't approve of ? . What a sad thing to even think of and say .

Tom Wright is a bit of a mystery to me though .....

Baz has ... contrary to the comments of some .... never had a problem promoting and playing the youngens ..... croker 20, Kelly 20, Suli 19, Parker 19, Bainbridge 19. .... so logic would have to suggest there are other reasons .... some you have mentioned ...

My gut feel is that is a matter of mental maturity and mental toughness .... just my guess ......
Defence isn't his strong suit. Baz blooding Tom the other week though is a good indication he is progressing and will get more opportunities before the seasons end. Glad we have both Tom and Matt in 2018. Spare a thought for Jono, the one always left Wright out.

Defence isn't his strong suit. Baz blooding Tom the other week though is a good indication he is progressing and will get more opportunities before the seasons end. Glad we have both Tom and Matt in 2018. Spare a thought for Jono, the one always left Wright out.
And wrightly so.
Taking a squad spot that could have gone to a young talent - Anderson, Fainu - to be blooded. Not Jono’s fault - gormless coaching staff.

• 👍
Reactions: Sue
I get you like matt Wright but i dont hes a dud and he wouldnt make any other teams starting line up even parra. Or there bench. Guy did one good thing in his time here and your all creaming your pants over the guy. I cant wait to see him gone we have so much dead wood time to clean house

Dear numbnut,

It may have escaped your astute knowledge .... but M. Wright wouldn't make our starting 17 either ....

you are a goose ....

The hatred that you claim people on here have on M Wright is in your head
The only person that thinks that people are idiots just because others don't agree with them is you . Your character has come out in the way you view things .
Just because someone does not approve of a players selection it does not mean they hate them . Do you feel hatred for players you don't approve of ? . What a sad thing to even think of and say .
Honestly @BOZO, I just am trying to understand your opinion. However, as you are unable or unwilling to explain the evidence that has led why you believe one of our reserve grade players is better than the other reserve grade player, I have no choice than to think that you simply feel that the media hype around the younger player from two years ago out-ways to general dislike you have for the other.
enlightenment.png

Tom Wright is a bit of a mystery to me though .....

Baz has ... contrary to the comments of some .... never had a problem promoting and playing the youngens ..... croker 20, Kelly 20, Suli 19, Parker 19, Bainbridge 19. .... so logic would have to suggest there are other reasons .... some you have mentioned ...

My gut feel

Barrett's form in promoting youth suggests that he does so when he has no other choice. Whilst Matt Wight is a solid first grader he is not our future. He lacks pace and he lacks x-factor. Tom Wright is lightening fast and oozes x- factor. We'll never know whether Tom Walker is ready for first grade until he is given serious game time in first grade. Don't use him and we will loose him.

Barrett's form in promoting youth suggests that he does so when he has no other choice. Whilst Matt Wight is a solid first grader he is not our future. He lacks pace and he lacks x-factor. Tom Wright is lightening fast and oozes x- factor. We'll never know whether Tom Walker is ready for first grade until he is given serious game time in first grade. Don't use him and we will loose him.
I suspect we may see him (Tom Wright) once Uate is no longer playing for a contract (elsewhere) for next season. Or our season is completely done and dusted, whichever comes first.
(I think Tom Walker did pretty well....at the comedy festival a couple of weeks ago :p )

Last edited:

Nobody, including me, have suggested that M. Wright is our future, or even that he would be in our top 17 .... what I and others have done is defend a Manly player ..... who has done an admirable job of filling in whenever and wherever he has be called upon from numbnutted dopes (not you) ..... that want to bag him .... he has been a very valuable depth signing ......

Tom Wright has some remarkable abilities .... and Baz has recognised this by having him in our top 30 ..... but for everyone that says he is ready ... I have read a post by somebody else saying he isn't .... so even if I had never seen him play I would have to conclude that the jury is still out on the subject ......

It is telling that when an opportunity arose ... a Younger player in Suli ..... (makes dopes of those saying Baz doesn't support youth) ... was fast tracked into the top 30 ahead of him ..... why? There can only be a few possibilities ..... one of those is that the coaching staff that have worked with him for 3 years and who have watched replays and analysed every game he has played ... for 3 years .... multiple times in video sessions .... don't think he is ready ... yet .... for all we know it may be Tom himself that has the confidence problem and wants more time ....

Tom's opportunity is coming before the end of this year .... and like you and all Sivertails I hope he grabs it with both hands and never looks back

Nobody, including me, have suggested that M. Wright is our future, or even that he would be in our top 17 .... what I and others have done is defend a Manly player ..... who has done an admirable job of filling in whenever and wherever he has be called upon from numbnutted dopes (not you) ..... that want to bag him .... he has been a very valuable depth signing ......

Tom Wright has some remarkable abilities .... and Baz has recognised this by having him in our top 30 ..... but for everyone that says he is ready ... I have read a post by somebody else saying he isn't .... so even if I had never seen him play I would have to conclude that the jury is still out on the subject ......

It is telling that when an opportunity arose ... a Younger player in Suli ..... (makes dopes of those saying Baz doesn't support youth) ... was fast tracked into the top 30 ahead of him ..... why? There can only be a few possibilities ..... one of those is that the coaching staff that have worked with him for 3 years and who have watched replays and analysed every game he has played ... for 3 years .... multiple times in video sessions .... don't think he is ready ... yet .... for all we know it may be Tom himself that has the confidence problem and wants more time ....

Tom's opportunity is coming before the end of this year .... and like you and all Sivertails I hope he grabs it with both hands and never looks back

Mate save your time and effort.

I swear some people on here would argue that the sky is not blue if Barrett declared it at a press conference.

The reasoning and arguments of some on here border what my 10 year old daughter could come up with.

Supporter is a pretty loose term.

Numbnut?
Goose?
Your the one whos in love with the bloke so stop talking ****. I see you have a little band of bottom feeders following you giving you lols and childish emojis hahaha buddy get a life you practically live on here.. there is one constant on this forum and thats that your a childish goon. Unyielding in your stupidity... Goose, numbnut. Keep it up homunculus its funny watching you defeat yourself.

What you think of me for supporting Woodsie's comments is like water of a ducks back. I did it because he was right, most of us on here are fully aware that Matt Wright is only a fringe first grader but we are also smart enough to realise that we can't afford to have superstars from 1 to 30. He's an honest dependable workhorse who invariably gets the job done with a modicum of fuss. Hopefully, Tom Wright will be great for us in the future but at this point in time (with still a glimmer of hope for the finals) it makes sense to give the job to someone with a proven track record, end of story.

What you think of me for supporting Woodsie's comments is like water of a ducks back. I did it because he was right, most of us on here are fully aware that Matt Wright is only a fringe first grader but we are also smart enough to realise that we can't afford to have superstars from 1 to 30. He's an honest dependable workhorse who invariably gets the job done with a modicum of fuss. Hopefully, Tom Wright will be great for us in the future but at this point in time (with still a glimmer of hope for the finals) it makes sense to give the job to someone with a proven track record, end of story.

Haha what sort of idiot starts slagging people off for liking or agreeing with a post?

Some people are just a bit unhinged.

Mate save your time and effort.

I swear some people on here would argue that the sky is not blue if Barrett declared it at a press conference.

The reasoning and arguments of some on here border what my 10 year old daughter could come up with.

Supporter is a pretty loose term.
Mate save your time and effort because you come up with the same 10 year old reasoning as well at times . So who are you to point the finger

Haha what sort of idiot starts slagging people off for liking or agreeing with a post?

Some people are just a bit unhinged.
What sort of people call people idiots . The ones that are incapable of sticking to the issue
Play the ball and not the man and live up to your name Nice Beaver

Fair enough. That woodsie is how you respond to people.

Ok buddy back in your box. @BOZO dont bother you voice your opinion and your a numbnut and a goose. You defend yourself and your an idiot. These guys think its high school giving each other likes and trophies when there all wrong. We know matt wright is a dud. They dont. Its clear whos delusional.
Anyway what you think of the game tonight? Its gonna be close but i think the cows will get us. Hope im wrong im sick of losing haha if dce steps up we should get them. If..... fingers crossed Jt has a shocker like last week. I felt sorry for him he was in "matt Wright" mode
Is that you NLSEAEAGLE?

Ok buddy back in your box. @BOZO dont bother you voice your opinion and your a numbnut and a goose. You defend yourself and your an idiot. These guys think its high school giving each other likes and trophies when there all wrong. We know matt wright is a dud. They dont. Its clear whos delusional.
Anyway what you think of the game tonight? Its gonna be close but i think the cows will get us. Hope im wrong im sick of losing haha if dce steps up we should get them. If..... fingers crossed Jt has a shocker like last week. I felt sorry for him he was in "matt Wright" mode

Seek help.

Tom Wright is not ready to play fullback at first grade level. That is how you lose games you have a chance of winning with a dominant forward pack. M. Wright just has to be safe and hopefully DCE can get some attack going off our go forward.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10