Game Day: Manly v Warriors [Round 17, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
We could be hit hard for the Penny game. Jake, maybe Tom and Walker if Dugan is out, the. Chez maybe although probably not if the Cowboys win tonight. Bit of a circle jerk in the commentary about Morgan...

Who do you reckon will play Lock, Taupau? Hoppa?
Taupau has been getting some pretty skinny game time with three boppas on the bench. I think he probably only played about 35-40 minutes today, and much the same last week from memory. Not sure he'd have the legs currently for 80mins at lock.

I was at the game and Tapau's injury looked more like a burner type injury. He was holding his arm like hed just been given a dead arm. A few observations. Cherry is playing as good as I ever saw joey johns play. The little things he does in defence by closing gaps before they open and his overall vision is sublime. Greens short kicking game is great. If we had a big fast body Frank Pritchard type player when he was in his prime or alternatively a glen stewart out wide id say we could win the comp. Jake Turbo is one hard unit. Afb looked like he might have copped an injury late but not too sure as he walked off slowly at a time when they were trying to slow the play a bit. Kelly is a future gun. He could have had 3 tries tonight if the bounce had gone his way. Johnson could have won or drawn the game at the end if had of passed it instead of getting taken into touch. Foran looks like hes been scoffing down the burgers big time.

Good win nz are simply a gead scratcher should be top 4.
The turbos immense, tough penny at home there be full strength. Hoping only jake for origin feeling tom may play with dugan injury.

Well done Manly and to the fans who sat in the rain.

Extra well done for winning just enough so as we are second on points but stayed under the radar by letting the sharks keep the spot with points differential. Great game management. lol

Entertaining as ever this thread. Keep the faith people (I'd say at the start.)

Thought the refs must have had the Warriors at 13+ after ten or minutes!

I wonder if there is anything 'official' organised for the return match?

Was a good win.. Funny thing about last nights game imo was how at 16-0 down i said to my old boy, we got this.. Soon as we get some ball we will score trys 100% sure of it.. When we were winning 26-22 with 5 to go i was sure we were gonna lose,
just seemed like that kinda game to me

Great game for us in crappy conditions,ive lived in Perth during these wet june july months and its miserable,well done to the Sea Eagles,showed great resolve to turn it around,these guys are the real deal

One aspect of yesterday was the meagre 6k crowd.:confused:

Manly get $500k to take this game to Perth. But playing in July means rain and poor crowds @:cool:

Fox NRL Sunday Ticket had Luke Lewis on.

When asked about Manly's finals chances, he said
'Everyone talks about the Storm and Roosters as the toughest games. But for me it's Manly. They hurt you in every tackle and you really feel it. Then they have strike power all through their backs '

Anyone prepared to do a report on the U20s big win and the Reggies close loss? I understand young Cust scored a triple in the Holden Cup, where Manly scored 10 tries to 2.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11