Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What’s really good is that we have got through this game with no injuries. That’s a huge plus as we can’t afford any more at this stage. We need to rest up as we have a hard road ahead. Would love to see us running a little harder onto the ball.

Poor kids had to wait 20 minutes for the Siren as the booth forgot about them :confused:

20190815_220946.jpg

Happiest place on earth :inlove:

Last edited:
Seriously wtf do they continue to check these try’s?

I know everyone jokes about giving the sponsor, in this case KFC, air time. But sometimes you have to wonder, especially when even Stevie Wonder doesn't need braille to know its a try yet it gets sent to the bunker to "check the grounding".

This game makes me feel even sorrier for Brandon.
JetSki will get his spot on the bench.
Brandon has done nothing wrong. And killed it tonight.

I'm glad we won, but that is about it.

The Tigers were cannon fodder tonight without a hooker. They were poor.

We should never have let the try in to Brooks.

We are looking very clunky in attack because teams have started to really slow us down around the ruck and the referees are doing nothing about it. We only look sharp off quick play-the-balls. You'll notice teams like the Roosters throw varieties of shape at their opposition and it creates opportunities by breaking up the defence. We seem to rely solely on our props getting us quick play-the-balls. We won't get them come semi-final time against quality opposition. We need to do something similar or we are going to be wrestled out of the contest. There were so many occasions tonight where we won the contact and the referees just let the Tigers lay all over us.

On the rare occasions that the refs do penalise the opposition for holding down in the ruck, I think we need to start taking all the penalty goals on offer and accumulate them into 4-6 points a match...the opposition are happy to keep doing it.

Elliot is an underrated player and agreed, he went OK tonight. But he seriously needs to learn to pass to support players.
I blame the colour of the Refs' jerseys.
Even in the Stand the pocket Ref confused us as he was poncing in our line and from the side looked like a Manly player :mad:

It is funny now to recall Brendan failing to pass to Chez like he did with Brad in Round 1 against the Tigers :giggle:

We've played like garbage since the storm game and have come away with two 13+ wins and a loss to the warriors where the refs could've sin binned the entire side for having naps on our players.

Is there any chance training regime has changed since storm game in the lead up to the finals? Or are we just distracted a little? We'll definitely have to play well next week to get the win.

We've played like garbage since the storm game and have come away with two 13+ wins and a loss to the warriors where the refs could've sin binned the entire side for having naps on our players.

Is there any chance training regime has changed since storm game in the lead up to the finals? Or are we just distracted a little? We'll definitely have to play well next week to get the win.

It’s hard to put a finger on it, but for me the two 6 day turn arounds, with a trip to NZ, can’t have helped their cause after a big few weeks.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6