Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm glad we won, but that is about it.

The Tigers were cannon fodder tonight without a hooker. They were poor.

We should never have let the try in to Brooks.

We are looking very clunky in attack because teams have started to really slow us down around the ruck and the referees are doing nothing about it. We only look sharp off quick play-the-balls. You'll notice teams like the Roosters throw varieties of shape at their opposition and it creates opportunities by breaking up the defence. We seem to rely solely on our props getting us quick play-the-balls. We won't get them come semi-final time against quality opposition. We need to do something similar or we are going to be wrestled out of the contest. There were so many occasions tonight where we won the contact and the referees just let the Tigers lay all over us.

On the rare occasions that the refs do penalise the opposition for holding down in the ruck, I think we need to start taking all the penalty goals on offer and accumulate them into 4-6 points a match...the opposition are happy to keep doing it.
I agree mate. We need to be running harder on to the ball. We had a mountain of possession but at times walked the ball forward. We need to put a little bit of fear in the opposition especially if we are finding it hard to break the defence. George Tafua ran well I thought. Also sometimes we are a little unstable with the ball. Taupau runs well. Suli looks lost sometimes. Just little things which make a big difference when playing really good sides. Overall it was a good win but not convincing in the sense of feeling confident as a fan. It’s that lost feeling we get when attacking that worries me most.

Presser

https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra-premiership/2019/round-22/sea-eagles-round-22/

Capture+_2019-08-15-22-53-50.png

https://twitter.com/SeaEagles/status/1161982527730356224?s=19

Jorge's homage to the life saving milk crate in Sydney this week
https://twitter.com/ellakasmar/status/1161971664323665922?s=19

Last edited:
Some of the errors we made tonight were so extremely frustrating. Chez still seems a bit off and not playing as composed as he usually does (but maybe I’m just being picky!!)

But how good is it to still get a 20 point win when we aren’t playing our best. I know it was against a very depleted Tigers side, but it was a very important 2 points to get.

Love being inside the top 4 right now...I so hope the footy gods are on our side and we can stay there!

Heard Des say in the presser that 'Wok' had a big fall and is in hospital. Best wishes to him and hope he is back leading the team song asap.
Win one for Warwick.
Manly players are hoping they get the chance to be at the hospital bedside of a Manly fanatic who has helped belt out their victory song for more than 20 years.
Warwick Bulmer, 78, cracked five ribs, dislocated an elbow and fractured his shoulder in a fall down backyard stairs at his Narrabeen home recently.

(wtf - ouch)

“Warwick’s not in a good way. I pick him up and take him to board meetings. He can struggle to get in and out of cars. I even watch him struggle to get down the stairs to lead the victory song.

“But once he gets into that dressing room, he hammers away with our song. He is so passionate about the whole place and how the side is going. He just loves Manly and loves Manly winning.

“He is one of those diehards and is a heartbeat at the club. The passion he shows in leading the victory song — it’s unbelievable. He is just a great human being.”

Provided they can overcome Wests Tigers on Thursday night, a group of Manly players are planning to leave Brookvale Oval immediately after full-time and quietly sing the team song with Bulmer at Frenchs Forest-based Northern Beaches Hospital, where he is recovering.

Manly think about five or six players — maybe more — would make the journey from Brookvale to the hospital if they win.

Krilich planted a kiss on Bulmer’s forehead during his hospital visit this week.

“It would be a beauty if the players did that — it would bring a tear to Warwick’s eye, don’t worry about that,” Krilich said. “It would be a great thing to do. The players love him and he loves the players. He worships the ground the Trbojevic brothers walk on.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/9af2559ecb544ecc28713dd033b5345a

Some of the errors we made tonight were so extremely frustrating. Chez still seems a bit off and not playing as composed as he usually does (but maybe I’m just being picky!!)

But how good is it to still get a 20 point win when we aren’t playing our best. I know it was against a very depleted Tigers side, but it was a very important 2 points to get.

Love being inside the top 4 right now...I so hope the footy gods are on our side and we can stay there!

10 day break now for next sunday against raiders like an extra bye we have been given. Our boys all deserve the rest, use this break wisely and it will help us in a few weeks come finals time.

Agree DCE still does not look fully right but he was still competing hard tonight.

I agree mate. We need to be running harder on to the ball. We had a mountain of possession but at times walked the ball forward. We need to put a little bit of fear in the opposition especially if we are finding it hard to break the defence. George Tafua ran well I thought. Also sometimes we are a little unstable with the ball. Taupau runs well. Suli looks lost sometimes. Just little things which make a big difference when playing really good sides. Overall it was a good win but not convincing in the sense of feeling confident as a fan. It’s that lost feeling we get when attacking that worries me most.

George Taufua....is he that Anglo-Tongan-Samoan winger?

I've finally figured it out. Headbanging to the team victory song is the only way Jorge can straighten out his hair before hitting the showers. Beats having to brush it @:D

10 day break now for next sunday against raiders like an extra bye we have been given. Our boys all deserve the rest, use this break wisely and it will help us in a few weeks come finals time.

Agree DCE still does not look fully right but he was still competing hard tonight.

The thing about Cherry is that even when he's not playing at his best he still tries his guts out and doesn't just let his form fall away. He'll go down swinging.

That couldn’t have come at a better time. There’s more than a few boys that need a recharge and rest (and deservedly so). Good move by Des to get DCE off once we had the game. It was a luxury also as it put Api and Fainu on at the same time for the last 10-15.

BTW, I haven’t read the thread, but did y’all see Arko in the sheds for the team song. One big happy family.

What's the bet that every Manly player in the sheds was told individually by Arko that in his opinion they were the best player out there tonight?

We have greats of the game attached to our great club. Bozo, Igor, Tooves, Cliffy etc. But Manly wouldn't be Manly without The Godfather.

"Suli looks lost sometimes"???????? I thought he was great tonight? Lost? Can't work that one out sorry.............

Thanks heaps for these HM, awesome. Saw them from the sidelines being interviewed at the 9 desk but obviously couldn't hear what was said...

Has Jetski become Jackie? :giggle: He filled Siro's shoes so well tonight :rock:

As for the refs in Scum's colours, they just blended in with the players :eek:

Great win, onwards and upwards into 4th. Now we have to stay there :wait:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8