Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
upload_2019-8-16_10-27-24.png

Jackie denied a hat trick - his shadow is exactly where Chez threw the ball @:cool:

****ing Telstra , no phone or internet in Broome for 36 hours!!

Some bastard down south digging a hole cut a line and it took THIRTY SIX hours to fix it!!

Affected the whole of the top half of WA.

Oh well, I at least had Foxtel going so could watch the game.

Nice win by the boys, just read the game day thread and “ oh the ups and downs” of Silvertails.

Now we need at least 1 more win from 3, but 2 will be much better and 3 well that would be just dandy!!

The bit with Tom made me laugh. I thought Elliott would be a bit more, er, sheepish about stiffing dce for a try, but Elliott says he didn't hear him!

How couldn't he hear him , he was looking at him maybe his ears couldn't see him

Wests Tigers star Luke Brooks has escaped an NRL suspension for a “rubbish” act of foul play against Manly on Thursday night.

The halfback dug his knee into the head of Sea Eagles opponent Jack Gosiewski early in the game despite Tigers just having forced an error to regain possession.

The match review committee judged the act to be a grade one contrary contact, and Brooks can accept a $1350 fine.

IMG_20190815_215451.jpg

Last edited:
Did anybody notice that there was only ONE penalty in the second half?
Whilst the ref did make a couple of strange rulings - such as penalising Sandwich for an 'obstruction' - I must give credit to his overall performance. Bravo.
Now, if only the NRL could make a ref's job easier by:
1. not insisting they call each player by name. Can you imagine how much study they must do to memorise each name? Much better, and more professional, to refer to each player by their number.
2. not insisting that they have to yell "held, surrender, dominant etc" at each tackle. Imagine the impact that has on their vocal cords? They'll all end up sounding like Lockyer.
3. giving them back full authority by scraping the 'pocket' ref. You can only have one boss.
4. scraping Vidiots who further undermine the authority of refs (and umpires in cricket)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4