Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All bs aside, Parra will be hard to beat last round... Especially after playing Melbourne and the Raiders.

I'm thinking it would be better for us to come 5th and have a semi at the fortress
The idea of 5th being better than 4th has been brought up a lot. Losing from top 4 puts us in a better spot than winning from bottom 4, plus we get a shot at a week off before the 2 biggest games of the year. There is a reason no one has ever won from outside the top 4.

The idea of 5th being better than 4th has been brought up a lot. Losing from top 4 puts us in a better spot than winning from bottom 4, plus we get a shot at a week off before the 2 biggest games of the year. There is a reason no one has ever won from outside the top 4.

2 reasons why 5th is better AFAIC.
Parra finish 4th and play the Drizzle in Melbourne.
We get a Brookie final which means a hell of a lot to the faithful fans who endured 3 years of Zoolander.

I think I heard that Jorge's try puts him equal with the great Cliffy Lyons.

Top effort!

(by both players actually)

Correct. Both Cliff Lyons and now Jorge Taufua have scored 80 tries for Manly.

That puts them equal 7th on the list behind:

Snake (163)
Beaver (151.....should be 180)
Bozo (129)
Skivvy (91)
Killer (86)
Tom Mooney (83)

Incidentally. the next player on the list after Cliffy and Jorge is actually Des who scored 72 for the Sea Eagles.

Of the current squad, those who usually are good for more than a couple of tries per year and might have a chance to move a lot higher:

DCE (55 - 20th)
Turbo (44 - =26th)
Walks (25 - =62nd)
Jake (24 - =68th)
Reuben (15 - =104th)
Siro (13 - =125th)

Last edited:
Take the win, clunky and lacking a bit of polish, 1 pass away from another 4-5 tries

Love what Elliott has done for us this year, but not sure whether to call him butcher or crowbar, when in the clear he butchers every try and you need a crowbar to get the ball off him

My man Paseka is going awesome at the moment and he really backs up Marty and Addin

Last edited:
2 reasons why 5th is better AFAIC.
Parra finish 4th and play the Drizzle in Melbourne.
We get a Brookie final which means a hell of a lot to the faithful fans who endured 3 years of Zoolander.
Ummmmm finish top 4.....if you lose first game you get the second chance. 5th you lose you're gone no second chance. I feel comfortable with us playing the Storm in Melbourne to be honest. We know how to take it to them & I think Manly is the team they would prefer not to play in the semi finals.

Dominant six tries to two win .

The great thing is that there is still room for improvement.

Elliot and Jetski filled in admirably

I had to the watch the game from the airport lounge due to flight stuff ups

Want to acknowledge the crowd and all the fans who turned up and gave us a win on a Thursday night

Not sure of numbers but let the doomsday’s go root their boot

Well done champions

Good on Api for getting straight into it. Have to admit, if it was Farah I could understand. But can’t remember Brooks doing shiit like that.
He was dirty in his first year but had toned it down. Remember him slapping lyon’s back really hard after an error

Gee Dylan Walker played well. The accuracy of his kicking game is a surprise to me, he really owned it. Love that pass back in to Turbo before Turbo gave it back for DW to score. He still has his speed - I wonder who would be quicker over 40m - him or Turbo.

Elliot's breaks from centre were also a nice reminder of his ability. Sure, he didn't pass, but that can be coached, he's a good player and cover for Turbo while he is in the team, should we need it.

I might be ready to much into a few random accidents but it was notable how often Tigers players collided with each other while gang tackling. It’s like they decided to use the tactic of gang tackling an slowing the Manly players after the saw it work for the Warriors but they hadn’t trained for it the way the Storm and other teams do so their timing was off. They slowed us up but the injured each other.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6