Game Day: Manly v Tigers [Round 22, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Listening to a Matty Johns podcast with Craig Johnston and his journey trying to become a professional football player as a 15 year old on the other side of the world, and what happened when all the chips were down... no words.... an absolutely fascinating sporting story, do yourselves a favour and check out the intro at least
I heard him speak at a fundraiser that Nick Farr-Jones put on with Australian sporting stars. I didn’t realise he had invented so many different things.

Manly stars make hospital visit for much loved mentor
Manly stars Jake and Tom Trbojevic rushed to a nearby hospital following their win over Wests Tigers to fulfil a pre-match promise to an ailing Sea Eagles super fan.

Dean Ritchie, The Daily

Manly won it for Warwick — and then made a beeline for his hospital bedside to celebrate with him.

In one of the most touching rugby league moments of 2019, Manly stars Tom and Jake Trbojevic, head coach Des Hasler and club head trainer Alex Ross left Lottoland shortly after their 32-12 win over the Wests Tigers on Thursday night to be with hospitalised club stalwart, Warwick Bulmer.

The Daily Telegraph on Thursday reported how Manly were planning to visit Bulmer, who has helped belt out their victory song for more than 20 years.

Bulmer, 78, cracked five ribs, dislocated an elbow and fractured his shoulder in a fall down backyard stairs at his Narrabeen home recently.

An extra special team victory song tonight from Northern Beaches Hospital featuring Warwick ‘Wok’ Bulmer.

Get well soon mate. We miss you. #ManlyForever #clublegend

So, after overcoming the Tigers, the Trbojevic brothers, Hasler and Ross jumped into a car at around 10.30pm after the game and drove four kilometres to Northern Beaches Hospital so Bulmer wouldn’t miss out on singing the team song.

Despite his pain and with a croaky voice, Bulmer still managed to sing proudly and passionately.

“He was really proud. It was a great, he was so happy and thrilled when we sang the song. We all love him, he’s such a good man. Going there really lifted his spirits,” Jake Trbojevic told The Daily Telegraph.

“We want back and leading the team song. It’s not the same without him.”

FROM OUR PARTNERS

AFL, NRL, Cricket, F1, Supercars, A-League. Have it all. Get Foxtel Sport today

Warwick Bulmer has always been there for the Sea Eagles.

Tom added: “Wok is the heart and soul of the Manly club who leads our team song. He loves the club and we all love him back.

“He’s been a good mate of mine for many years now, ever since I started playing in the Manly juniors.

“As he is obviously going through a tough time following his recent injuries, it was great to sing the song with him and we also got the chance to see him post game.

“He was in great spirits and very happy he got a chance to sing the song.”

Northern Beaches Hospital staff approved the special late-night visit.

The 78-year-old is the heart and soul of the club and was awarded the Steve Menzies Medal.

It was a very special moment for us to be there with Wok. He’s doing it very tough but the visit certainly lifted his spirits,” Sea Eagles media manager Wayne Cousins said.

“The team song isn’t the same without Wok leading the way.”

Bulmer first became involved with Manly back in the 1970s and is now a life member of the football club, Leagues Club and the Sea Eagles.

He even travels to away matches on the team bus and attends every training session. He is a genuine club champion.

Victory has provisionally lifted Manly into the top four – a remarkable effort which has Hasler hot favourite to be Dally M coach of the year.

With a 10-day turn-around between matches, Manly will be well rested for a huge game next Sunday against Canberra at GIO Stadium

Manly stars make hospital visit for much loved mentor
Manly stars Jake and Tom Trbojevic rushed to a nearby hospital following their win over Wests Tigers to fulfil a pre-match promise to an ailing Sea Eagles super fan.

Dean Ritchie, The Daily

Manly won it for Warwick — and then made a beeline for his hospital bedside to celebrate with him.

In one of the most touching rugby league moments of 2019, Manly stars Tom and Jake Trbojevic, head coach Des Hasler and club head trainer Alex Ross left Lottoland shortly after their 32-12 win over the Wests Tigers on Thursday night to be with hospitalised club stalwart, Warwick Bulmer.

The Daily Telegraph on Thursday reported how Manly were planning to visit Bulmer, who has helped belt out their victory song for more than 20 years.

Bulmer, 78, cracked five ribs, dislocated an elbow and fractured his shoulder in a fall down backyard stairs at his Narrabeen home recently.

An extra special team victory song tonight from Northern Beaches Hospital featuring Warwick ‘Wok’ Bulmer.

Get well soon mate. We miss you. #ManlyForever #clublegend

So, after overcoming the Tigers, the Trbojevic brothers, Hasler and Ross jumped into a car at around 10.30pm after the game and drove four kilometres to Northern Beaches Hospital so Bulmer wouldn’t miss out on singing the team song.

Despite his pain and with a croaky voice, Bulmer still managed to sing proudly and passionately.

“He was really proud. It was a great, he was so happy and thrilled when we sang the song. We all love him, he’s such a good man. Going there really lifted his spirits,” Jake Trbojevic told The Daily Telegraph.

“We want back and leading the team song. It’s not the same without him.”

FROM OUR PARTNERS

AFL, NRL, Cricket, F1, Supercars, A-League. Have it all. Get Foxtel Sport today

Warwick Bulmer has always been there for the Sea Eagles.

Tom added: “Wok is the heart and soul of the Manly club who leads our team song. He loves the club and we all love him back.

“He’s been a good mate of mine for many years now, ever since I started playing in the Manly juniors.

“As he is obviously going through a tough time following his recent injuries, it was great to sing the song with him and we also got the chance to see him post game.

“He was in great spirits and very happy he got a chance to sing the song.”

Northern Beaches Hospital staff approved the special late-night visit.

The 78-year-old is the heart and soul of the club and was awarded the Steve Menzies Medal.

It was a very special moment for us to be there with Wok. He’s doing it very tough but the visit certainly lifted his spirits,” Sea Eagles media manager Wayne Cousins said.

“The team song isn’t the same without Wok leading the way.”

Bulmer first became involved with Manly back in the 1970s and is now a life member of the football club, Leagues Club and the Sea Eagles.

He even travels to away matches on the team bus and attends every training session. He is a genuine club champion.

Victory has provisionally lifted Manly into the top four – a remarkable effort which has Hasler hot favourite to be Dally M coach of the year.

With a 10-day turn-around between matches, Manly will be well rested for a huge game next Sunday against Canberra at GIO Stadium
That ia so great of them to do that for the guy... sounds like they really love him. Im so happy Des is back that Manly feeling is back and feels so good. Top 4 ladies and gents... with siro and the GOAT to return in a week or two we are in good stead

Re the Shark's last try. I agree that the ball went backwards and it was a correct decision.
But, over the past five years, refs have seem to forget about knock-backs. Almost every time a player mishandles the ball the ref rules it is a knock-on.
Let's hope that refs now realise that there are many occasions when a mishandled ball does not go forward.
I won't hold my breath.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4