Manly V Storm [Round 9 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pick the margin

• Total voters
I'd be happy with Skivvy as skipper too, but he doesn't need the C beside his name to step up and inspire...He does it every week.

Just saw Manly on Fox Sports news plenty of positive talk from Matai and Horo. Choc was training today and looked fit and healthy

Yeah caught that too @The Wheel.

The boys looked relaxed and in good spirits for sure.
Really hope Choc, Horo and Skivvy have blinders to name a few.

And TC hopefully no more serious injuries.

Wow even that NSW Cup side is still bloody strong team this weekend, even with a few guys playing up, there is a stack of NRL experience running around back there, Blair, Iosefa, Hodges, Symonds, Harrison, Lauaki.

Com'on people a couple of regulars get a rest and people are talking like we have to climb Mt Everest. Have some faith in the new kids, How good was DCE and Littlejohn last week. It might be Snake and Horo this week. But a bit more enthusiasm and confidence in the team, Seriously we got this.

Still a decent squad. A big congrats to snake getting on field captain. Am surprised it wasnt given to DCE, given he will be the next captain.

I think that if DCE is injured, I would rather rest him and take the hit this game, then loose him for longer. While i dont want us to lose, it will be a bigger loss to lose DCE for more than a week.

I'm starting to get amped for this one already.

Along with the Dogs, Rorters and Vermin, the Scum are obviously on the hit list.

As Cliffy's is saying, be positive and, no matter what players are out or injuries others carry, as long as we're competitive and make a real game of it, I'll be satisfied.

A win under these circumstances right now will be special and a bonus. The Scum aren't exactly firing but will be fired up after those consecutive losses.

Just hopefully not a bad day at the office like the Tigpies debacle. And if the Titans and Warriors can roll them on their patch, surely us wounded Eagles can lift and do the same!

Roll on Saturday night!

niccipops said:
Very happy for Brett to be named as captain. He's had such adversity throughout his career. He shows great leadership directing play from the back so a justified decision I think.
Well done Captain Snake.:)

No dramas with Snake but I would give the captaincy to Ballin.

Snake, Matty B, Choc, Skivvy or Chez...Even BJ.

We aren't short of blokes that can lead are we?!

Even with Killer, Foz and Gift missing.

We'll probly need em all too.

Dan said:
it would have been hilarious to have Matai as captain
What a legend Stevie is.
Matiai would put his heart, soul and body into it so much that there'd be a high possibility he'd be stretchered off.
I also question his ability to calmly negotiate with and respond to refs. I'd be tempted to put the Matai hit on Shame Hayne if I were Stevie.
Love your work Stevie Matai.:heart:

Tooves was just on the BsB (podcast up later )
DCE will have a run Friday and the decision will be made then if he plays or not as they are flying down Friday, Choc is fit, Foz wants to play

Interview here > http://www.bigsportsbreakfast.com.au

Does not sound good for Gift and his ankle.

Does not surprise that Foz wants to play this weekend.

Interesting that Skivvy may have been available for NZ, just not picked...! He'd be the first guy in if I was coach of the Kiwis and he would've made a difference last week.

As I say tho, more Matai for Manly.

RiverEagle said:
Interesting that Skivvy may have been available for NZ, just not picked...! He'd be the first guy in if I was coach of the Kiwis and he would've made a difference last week.

As I say tho, more Matai for Manly.

I remember hearing some time ago that Steve has had a falling out with the NZ coach so that's most likely why he wasn't picked.

It's been reported on a News Ltd site that Buhrer could be put in the halves (if DCE does not play).

This doesn't fill me with optimism.

Still I would never write us off. I think if we defend well we could scrag a win as the Storm aren't quite the power they were and will be missing some strike out wide.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Manly Sea Eagles
Brett Stewart (C)
Jorge Taufua
Peta Hiku
Steve Matai
David Williams
Jack Littlejohn
Daly Cherry-Evans
Josh Starling
Matt Ballin
Brenton Lawrence
Anthony Watmough
Justin Horo
Jamie Buhrer

James Hasson
Dunamis Lui
Jesse Sene-Lefao
Jason King ©

Supercoach
Geoff Toovey

No reason that team can't win this weekend.

Arko-admirer said:
It's been reported on a News Ltd site that Buhrer could be put in the halves (if DCE does not play).
This doesn't fill me with optimism.
Still I would never write us off. I think if we defend well we could scrag a win as the Storm aren't quite the power they were and will be missing some strike out wide.
News Ltd ? Then it's certain he'll be playing wing

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Tooves was just on the BsB (podcast up later )

Thanks for that BE.

Arko-admirer said:

Actually there's an article on/interview with Jamie on the back page of The Manly Daily today about him being ready to play in the halves if needed on Saturday.

Also on the back page is a separate article from an interview with Matai about the senior players having to step against the Storm.

'Twas a good start to the day seeing two of my favourite players on the back page of the Daily :)

Match review from nrl dot com
"The rivalry continues… these two clubs that have enjoyed the type of sustained success that is the envy of the competition. However, for one side it is almost season-defining stakes on Saturday night."
Read more;
http://m.nrl.com/storm-v-sea-eagles-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/78205/default.aspx

RiverEagle said:
Does not sound good for Gift and his ankle.

Does not surprise that Foz wants to play this weekend.

Agree RE.

No, a stress fracture doesn't sound good at all for Gifty.

Would be good if Foz played but doubt he'll be fit.

Yes Skivvy would've made a difference and what a farce the Kiwi coach overlooked him, as well as JWH. Unbelievable! All good for us though.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2