Manly V Storm [Round 9 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pick the margin

• Total voters
I see the NRL have given Steggles Hayne another Manly away game...Making an appearance in 2014 at Brookie seems to be off the table for the moment.

ALinda said:
RiverEagle said:
Does not sound good for Gift and his ankle.

Does not surprise that Foz wants to play this weekend.

Interesting that Skivvy may have been available for NZ, just not picked...! He'd be the first guy in if I was coach of the Kiwis and he would've made a difference last week.

Agree RE.

No, a stress fracture doesn't sound good at all for Gifty.

Would be good if Foz played but doubt he'll be fit.

Yes Skivvy would've made a difference and what a farce the Kiwi coach overlooked him, as well as JWH. Unbelievable! All good for us though.

An injury requiring screws inserted sounds more serious than was initially reported, for sure.

I did hear about a falling out between Skivvy and Kearney, and perhaps there was something similar with JWH.

A coach though, that puts his ego ahead of what's best for his team, shouldn't be there.

Explains a lot about why Kearney failed at club level, if true.

Manly v the Scum 8-30 tonight on Fox Sports 1 for those inclined. A classic match from round 11 / 2007 apparently.

At least we won that match 13 v 12. Most of the Fox 'classic' games are of the rare Manly losses :cool:

Apparently the crowd was 18,640 at Brookie, so I'm going to see how it looked as currently at 14k we seem to be squashed 10 deep on the Hill .

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/2007.html

Was thinking the same thing @HappilyManly, but couldn't be bothered looking up the result!

Bit buggered after work so was just about to have a look at the QLD Cup game.

Will probly have a look at us beat the Scum then later, thanks!

I hope your all getting pumped up for this weekends game. I am not saying we are going to be pretty, but I don't think the Eagles play pretty when they are at their best. Enough fancy dancy running around teams and then throwing the ball away because were going into touch. Straight and hard, execution has a substitute called attitude. Must be time one of the four newbies Starling, Lui, Hasson, JSL was seen with a bit of fire in the belly. This week which boys are going to stand up? King dog came out of retirement against the Bunnies, but the question has to be asked. Does Tyson Andrews have to replace someone for us to have some mongrel back in the pack?

HappilyManly said:
Get IQ2. I record everything to skip past the ever increasing promos on Foxtel.

Must've been tired, or the QLD Cup game uninspired...I fell asleep and missed most of it!

I have IQ HM, can record anything I want.
What exactly is IQ2 though? Not sure there.

I wish this game tonight was last year's 28-8 demolition of the Scum at Brookie. I missed that coz of a wedding and holiday. But a win's a win, even a narrow one.

Yes @Cliffy's Is god, I'm getting amped by the hour for Sat night...esp after an impromptu nap just now!

I'm hoping all the forwards aim up this week; but also curious about Tyson A, Jake T and big Epa L down the line.

HappilyManly said:
At least we won that match 13 v 12. Most of the Fox 'classic' games are of the rare Manly losses :cool:

Apparently the crowd was 18,640 at Brookie, so I'm going to see how it looked as currently at 14k we seem to be squashed 10 deep on the Hill .

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/2007.html

Nothing is as squashy as the Souffs game at Brookie last year.

RiverEagle said:
I have IQ HM, can record anything I want.
What exactly is IQ2 though? Not sure there.

IQ2 the PVR is if you have the HD Package, otherwise you can only record the games in SD :cool:

Good win in a tight game great to see billy slater get knocked senseless but tough seeing George break his leg again

Was a good win, but any win against them is good.

Terrible to revisit George's broken leg. To be fair he's done well to come back from such a bad injury.

Amusing to see guys looking considerably younger; and even Skivvy with short hair!

Fantastic to see that crowd at Brookie!

We have absolutely no hope with Hayne as the referee. I have just put $100 on the scum to win. I figure I can't lose now, I'll either be cash up or very very happy to lose $100.

DCE on Sterlo (on Fox) in a few mins too, for anyone interested.

We MIGHT get a better view of this calf cloud injury too!

Ralphie said:
We have absolutely no hope with Hayne as the referee. I have just put $100 on the scum to win. I figure I can't lose now, I'll either be cash up or very very happy to lose $100.

Manly won under hayne in Rd2 over Souths at Gosford.

That's the only game Manly has had him this year. Now we get him away at Storm.

Seems he doesn't do games at Brookie any more.

WAMF said:
niccipops said:
Very happy for Brett to be named as captain. He's had such adversity throughout his career. He shows great leadership directing play from the back so a justified decision I think.
Well done Captain Snake.:)

No dramas with Snake but I would give the captaincy to Ballin.

Me too

We're gonna get pumped.
Storm by 20, score something like 36-16.

If I was betting atm I'd put a bit on Manly, would love to see an upset, we can do it, but it's gonna be real tough.

Smith is gonna carve us up.

Hopefully Littlejohn & the boys do us proud, regardless.

I though DCE said last night on Sterlo that he would train this morning, and if he was more than likely to
Play he would fly down. ie no point flying down if he's injured. He did fly down to Melbourne. Think it's a good sign but still wouldn't put money on it :)

We are the Sea eagles and we handle adversity better than any other team and we can win this game !!!

Its a 'Rain Clearing' forecast for today n Melbourne

Just had a look at the radar for the shower activity at
http://weather.theage.com.au/local.jsp?lt=aploc&lc=5594&t=c

Think it may even be clear sky above AAMI by 7.30 pm

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8