Manly V Storm [Round 9 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pick the margin

• Total voters
I'll reserve my tip for a few days...just who runs on for us will dictate my final prediction.

Really hope that guys like King, Skivvy, Snake, Horo, Matty B and BJ lead the way, no matter who is fit or gets on the field on Saturday.

Manly Sea Eagles
Brett Stewart (C)
Jorge Taufua
Peta Hiku
Steve Matai
David Williams
Jack Littlejohn
Daly Cherry-Evans
Josh Starling
Matt Ballin
Brenton Lawrence
Anthony Watmough
Justin Horo
Jamie Buhrer

James Hasson
Dunamis Lui
Jesse Sene-Lefao
Jason King ©

Supercoach
Geoff Toovey

Congratulations to Brett for being selected on field captain. I'm surprised Cherry didn't get it.

I'm surprised T-Red is not in the 17. He must be injured or else he'd be a good back-up should a back get injured. We have five props in the 17.
I'll be interested to read the NSW Cup team.

Brett is the right man for captain.

Gotta earn your stripes in this team, he earned his many times over.

Very happy for Brett to be named as captain. He's had such adversity throughout his career. He shows great leadership directing play from the back so a justified decision I think.
Well done Captain Snake.:)

Brett deserves it, however fullback at captain is a bad idea if he goes up to question and the refs won't let him leading to a quick tap and Brett out of position.

There has to be some gamesmanship to being a captain in the regard.

Still I can't think of a better choice apart from Ballin or it would have been hilarious to have Matai as captain

Good to see Woolfy back. Let him make the most of this opportunity to impress and remind all what he can be & do. It may be one of his last chances to reclaim the right wing position.

The Who said:
I'm surprised T-Red is not in the 17. He must be injured or else he'd be a good back-up should a back get injured. We have five props in the 17.
I'll be interested to read the NSW Cup team.

I agree here...TRed on the bench ahead of Hasson to cover the backs...We will be in all sorts if Cherry, or even Snake, hobbles off after 20 minutes.

If this is the team that takes the field Tooves must be planning to blitz and steamroll the Scum into submission.

Welcome back the Wolf, Congrats to the Snake,
Go the mighty Eagles south of the border!

Manly by a tenacious 10.

Oh bugger...Shame Hayne...

Might be even harder down there then...Tho we did do OK with him reffing earlier this year.

Won't be surprised at all if the Scum get the rub of the green yet again at home.

Choosing Brett as captain is the simple logical choice that will please fans and players but for me Matai should be captain especially when the squad has many injuries. In these situations it is more about "in your face" inspired performances from your leader not class and composure which Brett offers.

Matai is a lead by example leader that will make others follow, when the chips are down or we need a spark Matai will go out of his way to make something happen.

Brett is a composed classy player, his leadership qualities are best displayed with a close to full squad in the big games putting on the big play or making the right choices in the last line of defence---- a different kind of inspired performance.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6