Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

MATCH DAY

Friday 14th April 2023

Venue:
.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW.

Gates Open:.... TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Melbourne Storm: 8:00pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Raymond Tuaimalo Vaega
06. Cooper Johns
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Aloiai

14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Aaron Woods
17. Toafofoa Sipley

Replacement:

19. Samuela Fainu.

Reserves:

Out:

18. Sean Keppie
20. Ben Condon
21. Gordon Chan Kum Tong - Development Player
22. Josh Schuster.

Available But Not Selected:
  • Zac Fulton
  • Nathaniel Roache
  • Latu Fainu
  • Morgan Boyle
  • Jamie Humphreys - Development Player
  • Fletcher Myers - Development Player
  • Jacob Sykes - Development Player.

From the 'NRL Casualty Ward - All the Latest Injury News, Updates & Returns Details' web page, Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:

* * * (Updated: Tuesday, 11 Apr 2023) * * *

The Sea Eagles will be without forward Karl Lawton (shoulder) and winger Reuben Garrick (head knock) while Tom Trbojevic has been named despite suffering back spasms.

Manly Sea Eagles
  • Josh Schuster (Quad, Round 7-8)
  • Reuben Garrick (Head Knock, Round 8)
  • Karl Lawton (Shoulder, TBC)
  • Christian Tuipulotu (Knee, Round 9)
  • Tolutau Koula (Knee, Round 9-11)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 12)

Also, from the NRL Casualty Ward, Manly hub page, there are slight variations to the information regarding the unavailable or injured players and their return periods:

• Tom Trbojevic (Back, Round 7)
  • Reuben Garrick (Head Knock, Round 8)
  • Josh Schuster (Quad, Round 8)
  • Christian Tuipulotu (Knee, Round 9)
  • Tolutau Koula (Knee, Round 10)
  • Ben Trbojevic (Hamstring, Round 12)
  • Karl Lawton (Shoulder, TBC)

Last edited:
Honestly , and I know there will be some outs, but next weeks game will be telling.

We’ve had two very close games and played one of them as 90 minutes.

We looked tired tonight, from the get go , and we were playing the Premiers , at their home , with a full crowd.

Next week we are at our home.

Canberra got absolutely belted last week , over 50 scored against them, and turned around and beat the front runners tonight , who’d a picked that ??

And who expected the Dolphins to win this round ??

The pessimists were out in force tonight ,can’t blame them I guess but let’s see next week , we beat the storm , we are back in the game.

We get belted , and that’s probably our season.

Have faith everyone , the sun will still rise tomorrow.

Please God let the "bounce back factor" be true next week! I'm guessing this will be the team:

1. Turbo
2. Vaega
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Saab
6. Schu
7. Dce
8. Paseka
9. Crocker
10. Jake
11. Huamole
12. Tualagi
13. Aloai
14. Weekes
15. Gckt (request injury replacement for lawton i hope)
16. Bullemore
17. Keppie
18. Fainu

Very depressing we have no other real options for centre (Myers is not in the 30 so need one of those 2 Above to get injured)

Canberra got absolutely belted last week , over 50 scored against them, and turned around and beat the front runners tonight , who’d a picked that ??

The pessimists were out in force tonight ,can’t blame them I guess but let’s see next week , we beat the storm , we are back in the game.
I'm thinking similarly Mark. After seeing Canberra get thoroughly flogged by Penrith last week, then turn up at Suncorp and beat the Broncs tonight without several key players, well, anything's possible. The Dolphins win away from home without some players was totally unpredictable too.

We may be also missing some players but hopefully Schu will be back, and being at home will help. The optimist in me thinks you never know!

Like the truth from Seibold in the post game presser, no dodging the poor efforts of the playing group.

Hopefully this gets them to focus on their game this week at training.

The panthers have turned up the heat over the last few weeks and we couldn't live with them. I don't think that means we're a bad team, there are probably only a couple of teams who could have gone with them. We just have to put it behind us, learn from it and move on to next week (regardless of who is in or out) No excuses, just work hard for each other and look like we've got some gameplan.

Please God let the "bounce back factor" be true next week! I'm guessing this will be the team:

1. Turbo
2. Vaega
3. Parker
4. Harper
5. Saab
6. Schu
7. Dce
8. Paseka
9. Crocker
10. Jake
11. Huamole
12. Tualagi
13. Aloai
14. Weekes
15. Gckt (request injury replacement for lawton i hope)
16. Bullemore
17. Keppie
18. Fainu

Very depressing we have no other real options for centre (Myers is not in the 30 so need one of those 2 Above to get injured)
Schu :rofl: Schu playing on the field :rofl::rofl:

Honestly , and I know there will be some outs, but next weeks game will be telling.

We looked tired tonight, from the get go , and we were playing the Premiers , at their home , with a full crowd.

Well we beat them last year MFB. However they seem to be hitting form now so not a great time to get them. At least we are at home I guess. We come out and play like we have the last two weeks and it will get ugly again.

late in the week can someone get near munster and sneeze a few times while having a major dose of the flu please?

When do the pessimists become the realists?

Was Garrick a Cat 1?

**can answer my own question. Was a cat two so if he passes protocol's this week he can play

Last edited:
Would love to see Gordon on the bench.

Over watching crocker throw the ball behind players or over their heads. Great defender, no idea with the ball in hand. Such an important position and point of attack we are sorely missing.

Harper just cannot defend, runs backwards everytime. Unbelievable

A few interesting selection decisions coming up.
We need at least 2 new players for injured Garrick and Lawton (and it won't be Gordie, the NRL will just say we used Weekes as dummy half earlier this year, which we did)

Aside from the injuries will there be any changes? It's the first flogging we've copped so maybe they'll stick solid. Des would have. We'll soon find out if Seibs has a different idea, so far he seems a little more inclined to change things up.

If Schu is still out Cooper will be 6, Weekes back to 14 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4