Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26876

And speaking of that Sharks debacle, interesting that Harper was ripped mercilessly (and continues to be, even though it was later revealed he'd had Covid) for missing a few tackles that day while Weekes's errors last week have been largely swept under the carpet by most.
Tbh in the first few minutes there was so much wrong (with and without the ball) against the Panthers that blaming just one person is very difficult

The reason I remember the Talakai thing so well was because we were somewhat competitive across the park… Except harper. As soon as the ball made it’s way to Talakai it was almost gauranteed there was a 50% + chance of a try. Then he came off and we came charging back into the game. He was clearly a bit covid-shot, but it was hard to not point the finger. That was a wild game

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Tbh in the first few minutes there was so much wrong (with and without the ball) against the Panthers that blaming just one person is very difficult

The reason I remember the Talakai thing so well was because we were somewhat competitive across the park… Except harper. As soon as the ball made it’s way to Talakai it was almost gauranteed there was a 50% + chance of a try. Then he came off and we came charging back into the game. He was clearly a bit covid-shot, but it was hard to not point the finger. That was a wild game
Harper must have long Covid then because it's still happening.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I just cannot believe we simply cannot find another player to try at right centre. It's beyond irritation.
Yes but who ( and don’t say any of the development players )???

I think he’s the “ last chance saloon “.

He wasn’t wanted , but they were stuck with him , and now he’s all that’s available.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Yes but who ( and don’t say any of the development players )???

I think he’s the “ last chance saloon “.

He wasn’t wanted , but they were stuck with him , and now he’s all that’s available.
Weekes, Sykes, S Fainu. Cannot be worse and certainly not as slow.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Where the f is schu??
I’ve been screaming the same thing in my head. It was a minor thing and just a game out initially… and then it turned into two games… and now it may be three… seems injury updates from the club cease when it comes to marketable stars.

I hope he is switched in this week and ready to get going. I’m tired of carrying glass stars in the spine to accompany an inconsistent headless chook half and hooker who ain’t a hooker.

Last edited:

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’ve been screaming the same thing in my head. It was a minor thing and just a game out initially… and then it turned into two games… and now it may be three…

I hope he is switched in this week and ready to get going. I’m tired of carrying glass stars in the spine to accompany an inconsistent headless chook half and hooker who ain’t a hooker.
It is certainly beyond frustrating.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
It is certainly beyond frustrating.
For all the talk about players who should or shouldn’t be in the team, to me this is the obvious glaring issue to address. We have had one consistent spine player for years out of four. (2 if you look at the Foz couple of years). You are not developing as a team, let alone winning $hit with that scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14