Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being inexperienced he was targeting by a well disciplined team, over time he was fatigued and missed a few tackles one on one. It's called inexperience. He'll be better in the long run. Jury out on 5/8 but team worked better with Johns there. Harsh but real. He was better in the 2nd half away from the onslaught.

My concern for the team long term is game & team management. Is it good to have 2 "superstars" injured regularly. Tom & Shoe, frustrating at best. That over $2mil of salary cap going week to week. Is it worth it ? Will they ever be on the field at the same time "healthy" and at "full potential".

Also, the Capt needs to set an example, does he? I know DCE outside of football, but seriously. He's above my wage bracket, but I would like to see a return on the team's salary cap expense.
Got feeling Schuster will play, maybe Sieb's just messing with Bellyache's head a bit..lol.

If only our boys could handle a bit more pain and punishment. I assume the novel army pre-season was supposed to address this?
I think the pre-season camp was supposed to address a lot of things. Arguably, its effectiveness has only proven to be short-term. The moving on of Fifita and Tuitavake might have had an impact on the unity within the playing group, particularly amongst the Pacifika players.

I think there’s only two centres listed as centres in our 30, although I know others have played in that position ( Burbo as an example ).

We are very skinny in reserves in that position , something to think about in 24.
Correct. Refer my earlier post to this thread:
or the Official List on the MWSE Website here:

Ok I'm back. I'm willing to give the boys another chance to redeem themselves on Friday. I like our new inclusions and looking forward to seeing how Woods goes and Vaega and Sipley. I can smell blood. The Storm are heavily depleted.

Ok I'm back. I'm willing to give the boys another chance to redeem themselves on Friday. I like our new inclusions and looking forward to seeing how Woods goes and Vaega and Sipley. I can smell blood. The Storm are heavily depleted.
Don't know about heavily depleted Alf, although NAS is a big out for them. They have the new big 3 in Munster, Grant and Hughes. And like you I have good feeling about this game also.

Not as heavily depleted as they were a couple of weeks ago. That said I’ve moved on from the panthers debacle and am happy to see sone changes. I expect a much better showing Fri night. A win would be amazing but I just want them to compete.

And speaking of that Sharks debacle, interesting that Harper was ripped mercilessly (and continues to be, even though it was later revealed he'd had Covid) for missing a few tackles that day while Weekes's errors last week have been largely swept under the carpet by most.

And speaking of that Sharks debacle, interesting that Harper was ripped mercilessly (and continues to be, even though it was later revealed he'd had Covid) for missing a few tackles that day while Weekes's errors last week have been largely swept under the carpet by most.
Yep plenty called for Weekes at 6 to see how he went. Didn’t work so on to plan B. I’m just happy to see the coach is making changes after poor performances - which has been the case for two weeks now.

Re Weekes, I’d like to see him get a bit more time on the field for Croker.

Send Terry Randall down to training with Cement assisting. Soft-a$$ biatches.
Mate I was having flashbacks to these blokes along with Ronnie Gibbs....this is why I think so many suporters were crying out for a Ben Kennedy type leader as this stuff is unacceptable. The great Jake is whole hearted but seems his mates expect him to do their work like that star player in the U'8s comp while they all sit back and watch, Jake is so nice, seems to not have his team mates follow his lead - these blokes mentioned above would have these other players scared to share the same dressing room after the game....they more stand around almost like "oh well that's 1 less tackle I need to make.

Mate I was having flashbacks to these blokes along with Ronnie Gibbs....this is why I think so many suporters were crying out for a Ben Kennedy type leader as this stuff is unacceptable. The great Jake is whole hearted but seems his mates expect him to do their work like taht star player in the U'8s comp while they all sit back and watch, Jake is so nice, seems to not have his team mates follow his lead - these blokes mentioned above would have these other players scared to share the same dressing room after the game....they more stand around almost like "oh well that's 1 less tackle I need to make.
I wish I could stick my arm up Jake’s spine and tell everybody to ****ing wake up. He epitomizes what it meant to be Manly in the past, but the modern agent driven a$$holes don’t care unless it adds $$$ to their personal brand,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12