Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 7, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 8
4 Pines Park
14 Apr 2023 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supreme Leader

Uber L77T playa
What happened to last weeks Silvertails messiah Weekes?

Schu will be back stronger and better. Just not sure when 🤣
Being inexperienced he was targeting by a well disciplined team, over time he was fatigued and missed a few tackles one on one. It's called inexperience. He'll be better in the long run. Jury out on 5/8 but team worked better with Johns there. Harsh but real. He was better in the 2nd half away from the onslaught.

My concern for the team long term is game & team management. Is it good to have 2 "superstars" injured regularly. Tom & Shoe, frustrating at best. That over $2mil of salary cap going week to week. Is it worth it ? Will they ever be on the field at the same time "healthy" and at "full potential".

Also, the Capt needs to set an example, does he? I know DCE outside of football, but seriously. He's above my wage bracket, but I would like to see a return on the team's salary cap expense.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Others have mentioned it and I just want to add support to the idea for our temporary injury situation. Weekes to FB, Turbo to centre (assuming he is not injured), Harper out. That simple positional shift would strengthen our team across the park in my opinion.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I had too much sauce over Easter Mave, but I was of the belief once we let the 2 players jog on to Illawarra, he would become available.

* potentially available.....we freed up one spot with the trade, that has yet to be clarified who will take it.

Presumably Gordie is the man, but I've seen nothing official yet.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I think a win on Friday night is a stretch BUT I expect ( hope ) to see a team at least having a crack , if we lose say 28-18 I’d take that as a positive.

NYEagle

Bencher
I think there should be a few Manly players feeling a little lucky that Keppie was the only axing from that inept performance.
Easily would be at least 5-6 players who could be in Blacktown after the Penrith game....
Who could step up ?
Well apart from Woods, I reckon Fainu , Fulton, Stuckey and young Toby would would rip and tear to get a shot and that in itself would be better than some of the Manly players from Saturday night.
Also Gordie must be getting some consideration by now.
The tough part is, to add 4 new faces would be extreme and a bit of a chaotic change up, but I really hope the coaching staff have these blokes on notice and ready to fight to hold a place in the 17.
I expect a significant energy shift for this Melbourne game, but any suitcases need to get dropped back to Reggie's to appreciate the Manly emblem when they represent the MighySeaeagles....need some pride back, as we are turning into a run of the mill side, who accept mediocrity and if you are guaranteed a spot after a garbage performance, that's a big part of the problem.
I would have sacked the lot of them after that disgrace. It’s a long time since I have seen such poor effort in defence from a Manly side.

But unfortunately if we sack them all we can’t rely on Z grade Blacktown either.

NYEagle

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just asking if anyone thinks we will win on Friday. Just want to know if I'm delusional.
Yes @Supreme Leader I have us down for a win and will tip accordingly. To be fair though I expect us to win every game and have never tipped against us. This might have something to do with the fact that I have never gone close to winning a tipping competition....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12