Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 28
Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Optimistic? Kaufusi and NAS missing helps, but they still have a huge edge in big game experience - 6 forwards who are Origin or Aust or NZ Test players, plus several grand finals together.
We've got Jake and Marty.
Schu and Smole have about a dozen games each in NRL!
Will be a great experience for our youngsters, as I said I don't think we lose anything talent-wise.
Kamikamica is out too and Kenny Bromwich in doubt, unlikely to play.

That leaves them with Jesse Bromwich, Welch and Finucane in terms of experience in the pack.

I get your point, it’s still classy. But their outs certainly help.

I can't get over the NRL's hypocrisy in having a no tolerance policy towards fights on the field but they can't get enough of replaying the old ones for marketing purposes.

Yup

Unsurprisingly the telerag has it all over their papers (for the last few days) and now the nrl's own site has it.

tut tut (quick show the replay)
tut tut - not the Egyptian one either - (quick show the replay)

Yeah, what a run that was. Just curious, how many from that side are still with Manly now ?
I remember that season where our toyota cup was smashing teams nearly every game by 50+ with turbo and the other gun players we had. Only to be number 1 coming into the finals and getting knocked out in the 2nd week of the finals.

e99c77ef1724bc4a6ea848186dece8f0

Manly attack against the sharks was sizzling. The team is full strength, in form and must be excited about this match up. Their defence will only beef up on Saturday.

Manly $10 for 13+ , while storm are $2. So the bookies don’t fancy us. Good.
(Gamble responsibly)

If the Storm have quite a few outs including Hughes and Half Neilson , really need a good showing against them as Manly are at pretty full strength and to show that they can be a threat in the finals . Manly "s backs have been going fairly well [ and of course an under statement with Tom "s form ] but Storm backs seem a bit under rated at times . Really think it is in the forward battle where Manly have to try to assert some real authority and hopefully the skill level of Schuster and even Olokau - atu can come to the fore . Like to see Olokau - atu given more opportunity for more direct gap running , bit like when Paseka at his best does real well . Really hope that Manly do well and jag a win , would set up a great platform for the run into the finals and the critical matches to then follow .

He may hate the media duties but I always find Des worth listening to. He chooses his words so carefully and certainly doesn't waste any words, unlike certain other coaches who love to ramble on and on. With Des its often what he doesn't say that is most informative.

He may hate the media duties but I always find Des worth listening to. He chooses his words so carefully and certainly doesn't waste any words, unlike certain other coaches who love to ramble on and on. With Des its often what he doesn't say that is most informative.
Never has a coach chosen his words with more care than Desmond.
Even when he ums and aghs

The long road towards achieving excellence has no end and is on going and that is the road that our Manly Legend Des Hasler has taken though out his career as an accomplished Player and Coach

Des ....
We are 4 weeks out of from the finals and this game is our Barometer /Standard test / Benchmark
There are still aspects in our game that we want to improve on

Good enough is only Good enough for the mediocre

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4