Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 28
Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Will be one of those games that brings Manly back to earth. They will shut down Turbo better than any other team, which will call for an enormous effort from the entire 17 squad.

Not a thrashing, but a lesson....
Afraid so, Can't see us lifting this week and again next week , so it's either Scum or Doesn'tmatta...

This game should start off pretty even, unless errant refereeing decisions get in the way ( if Manly are on the receiving end on 2 consecutive occasions, game over!)

Then there is the "bounce of the ball" to contend with.

However, about the 35th minute D-Haz will send on " The Gatekeeper", aka D.Walker.

He will promptly unlock the middle defensive gate and set up a turnstile to read Storm players QR codes, as they stroll by.

But, you never know, "The Gatekeeper" may not get a run, in which case we have a definite chance of a win.
I’ve got a feeling Walks I’m gonna have a big game today. I hope he really challenges their line around the middle. Got a feeling this game won’t be close. It will be us by margin or them by quite a few. Can’t wait!

This game should start off pretty even, unless errant refereeing decisions get in the way ( if Manly are on the receiving end on 2 consecutive occasions, game over!)

Then there is the "bounce of the ball" to contend with.

However, about the 35th minute D-Haz will send on " The Gatekeeper", aka D.Walker.

He will promptly unlock the middle defensive gate and set up a turnstile to read Storm players QR codes, as they stroll by.

But, you never know, "The Gatekeeper" may not get a run, in which case we have a definite chance of a win.
Ah, so he is not arm grabbing, he's handing out passes!

I’ve got a feeling Walks I’m gonna have a big game today. I hope he really challenges their line around the middle. Got a feeling this game won’t be close. It will be us by margin or them by quite a few. Can’t wait!
I hope he does, can't have any passengers against the drizzle

Will be one of those games that brings Manly back to earth. They will shut down Turbo better than any other team, which will call for an enormous effort from the entire 17 squad.

Not a thrashing, but a lesson....
How do you see them shutting him down?

How do you see them shutting him down?
Teams have tried this before and do each week. The best team to do it was Newcastle and they only slowed him cos Tom never got out of second gear and they had like a 9-0 penalty count. If the game is reffed evenly and we have our fair share of the ball Tom will be huge again. They might slow him a bit but that will only open up options for others.

A community announcement, for those people who don't have subscription services, the game will be broadcast on Nine GEM or Nine Now, live and free. You just have to put up with Cameron Smith and Andrew Johns commentary.
Really? Wow if it means I can avoid Voss's infuriating commentary I might give it a go.

I feel that they will put in kicks ,either grubber or chip chase kicks ,around Parker and away from turbo
Our defense will need to be ready for anything they throw

Ball control will be the key in this match

A community announcement, for those people who don't have subscription services, the game will be broadcast on Nine GEM or Nine Now, live and free. You just have to put up with Cameron Smith and Andrew Johns commentary.
It’s insane that this game has not been moved to Sunday arvo. Instead it’s Titans v cows. Boring

Gonna be a good game. If we can hold out for first 20min with no early tries against us we should keep it even.

Storm are deserved favourites for this one, the only way I see us winning though is what we did to sharks, 10min blitz scoring 3 tries. This needs to happen after halftime so bellyache can't settle them at the break. Storm never been on the receiving end of that and may panic and lose structure, not likely under bellyache but possible.

But won or lose, how good is this that we are talking about manly in context of winning the comp after so many years of making up the numbers.

Can see Manly winning this game but going to be an almighty effort , Manly still struggles to play the full 80 mins , But as always compete and complete take there chances and a win is there for the taking , As long as the ref doesn’t alter the game with just reffing one team and make it an even contest , a close loss I might accept knowing they can get them next time cause there will be next time and that’s when it counts ,
GO MANLY

We will be a better show than Penrith that’s for sure (pending no injuries tonight). I didn’t watch yesterday’s game as I knew the storm would put 40 on them or close to it. No Jerome Hughes helps our cause but tbh they are one team I want to play at full strength. We turn up and play like we did v Eels and we’ll be a good show. We play like we did v tigers and will be hammered. Need to get through tonight first injury free.
I know we had a win against the Sharks but i was concerned about our brain fade around the 20 min mark in both halves , we tend to get a lead then try and get to smart or fancy for our own good and go away from what got us there to start with , then as always the other team comes back , set restarts , penalty's , and buying in to the niggle , we shoot ourselves in the foot.
We need to be better than that against better teams , we do this tonight V Melbourne we will be gone , we were lucky the sharks blew a few of there opportunities as well .
That said i do believe if we can concentrate , control and execute tonight we can get the win , wont be easy but keep our head and control the game is our best shot.
Go The Mighty Eagles.

Pressure their fullbacks, especially with Turbo and Saab leaping for our attacking bombs.
Their biggest threats are Smith and Grant scurrying out of dummy half so our forward defence will have to be properly organised for the full 80

I feel that they will put in kicks ,either grubber or chip chase kicks ,around Parker and away from turbo
Our defense will need to be ready for anything they throw

Ball control will be the key in this match
I really like our left edge vs their right side D. Schu needs a big game today and same with Foz. Saab needs to tackle his a$& off and back himself more on the outside. Thought he cut back in a few times v Sharks. Olam and JAC will test Harper and Saab tonight. Can’t wait for this one. So many awesome matchups. Dce v Munster, battle of the front rowers. Guac tearing up an edge. Game of the year so far no doubt.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6