Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 28
Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 07:35 PM

Team Lists

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Whereas having a comfortable win from 5th
This is fine if you can order the comfortable win in advance. Equally likely a sudden death semi would produce a desperate struggle in which hopefully our class would win out but I'm pretty sure the experience would be draining and definitely with potential for injuries to our side.
It is a no-brainer to play the least number of games necessary, if possible. If we miss the top 4 so be it, I won't write us off, but it will be the harder road.
(Besides which, to win the comp we'll need to beat Storm at some stage anyway!)

Eagle 1

First Grader
This is fine if you can order the comfortable win in advance. Equally likely a sudden death semi would produce a desperate struggle in which hopefully our class would win out but I'm pretty sure the experience would be draining and definitely with potential for injuries to our side.
It is a no-brainer to play the least number of games necessary, if possible. If we miss the top 4 so be it, I won't write us off, but it will be the harder road.
(Besides which, to win the comp we'll need to beat Storm at some stage anyway!)
I'm fine either way, but, just saying I wont be disappointed if we don't make top 4. We now have the fire power to blow opposition sides out of the water regardless of weather we finish 3rd 4th or 5th.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Absolutely, but if we lose players to injury or suspension that firepower might diminish a bit.
In any case, I see no reason we can't beat Storm this week. I think they are favourites mainly due to consistency, whereas a couple of times when possession went against us we couldn't wrestle it back. For talent there's not much between us. In fact a strong Manly win could turn this whole comp on its head!

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can't get over the NRL's hypocrisy in having a no tolerance policy towards fights on the field but they can't get enough of replaying the old ones for marketing purposes.
shocked GIF

Eagle 1

First Grader
Absolutely, but if we lose players to injury or suspension that firepower might diminish a bit.
In any case, I see no reason we can't beat Storm this week. I think they are favourites mainly due to consistency, whereas a couple of times when possession went against us we couldn't wrestle it back. For talent there's not much between us. In fact a strong Manly win could turn this whole comp on its head!
We may have an edge in the forwards, their missing Solomona, Kaufusi, Karma Chameleon (can't think of this guys name) and possibly the half back as well, Hughes. I like the way we are building towards the finals, even Johns and Fittler have both tipped us to win.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
possibly the half back as well, Hughes.
Despite having many star players, Hughes may be the most important cog in the Storm machine. If he is out, it will be interesting to see how they perform. I presume Hynes would replace him at half.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
Just curious, how many from that side are still with Manly now ?

Here is the full team. Titmuss & Paseka (?) must have been later incusions in the 17.

Sea Eagles Holden Cup team

1 Jade Anderson

2 Alfred Smalley

3 Tevita Funa

4 Semisi Kioa

5 Bilal Maarbani

6 Tom Wright

7 Cade Cust

8 Jaiden Tarrant

9 Manase Fainu (C)

10 Elia Faatui

11 Blake Andrews

12 Josh Martin

13 Haumole Olakauátu

Interchange

14 Kurtis Preece

15 Jesse Martin

16 Zaan Weatherall

17 John Tuivati

Reserves

18 Taniela Paseka

19 Keith Titmuss

20 Luke Polselli

21 Joseph Ma'u

22 Kaine McQuiggin

23 Michael Fenn

Last edited:

Bren

Here is the full team. Titmuss & Paseka (?) must have been later incusions in the 17.

Sea Eagles Holden Cup team

1 Jade Anderson

2 Alfred Smalley

3 Tevita Funa

4 Semisi Kioa

5 Bilal Maarbani

6 Tom Wright

7 Cade Cust

8 Jaiden Tarrant

9 Manase Fainu (C)

10 Elia Faatui

11 Blake Andrews

12 Josh Martin

13 Haumole Olakauátu

Interchange

14 Kurtis Preece

15 Jesse Martin

16 Zaan Weatherall

17 John Tuivati

Reserves

18 Taniela Paseka

19 Keith Titmuss

20 Luke Polselli

21 Joseph Ma'u

22 Kaine McQuiggin

23 Michael Fenn
Cade Cust tevita funa haumole olakatu manase fainu Taniela paseka

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We may have an edge in the forwards,
Optimistic? Kaufusi and NAS missing helps, but they still have a huge edge in big game experience - 6 forwards who are Origin or Aust or NZ Test players, plus several grand finals together.
We've got Jake and Marty.
Schu and Smole have about a dozen games each in NRL!
Will be a great experience for our youngsters, as I said I don't think we lose anything talent-wise.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Optimistic? Kaufusi and NAS missing helps, but they still have a huge edge in big game experience - 6 forwards who are Origin or Aust or NZ Test players, plus several grand finals together.
We've got Jake and Marty.
Schu and Smole have about a dozen games each in NRL!
Will be a great experience for our youngsters, as I said I don't think we lose anything talent-wise.

Yep but Shu is a class act they dont have, and Olakau'atu and Paseka are rising stars

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18