Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 28
Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

MATCH DAY

Saturday 7th August 2021

Venue:
.... Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Gates Open:....Venue Closed to Spectators.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Sea Eagles vs Melbourne Storm - 7:35pm.

TICKETING

N/A - Venue Closed to Spectators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

17. Toafofoa Sipley
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

08. Taniela Paseka
14. Dylan Walker
15. Karl Lawton
16. Josh Aloiai (Suspension, Round 21)

Reserves:
18. Moses Suli

Out:
19. Cade Cust
20. Curtis Sironen
21. Kurt De Luis

Available But Not Selected:
  • Jack Gosiewski
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Tevita Funa
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Tolutau Koula
  • Christian Tuipulotu
  • Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
  • Kaeo Weekes - Development Player.

Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:
(Updated: Thursday, 05 August 2021)

• Zac Saddler (Cheekbone, Round 22)
  • Morgan Boyle (Shoulder, Next Season)
  • Andrew Davey (Knee, Next Season)
  • Manase Fainu (Stood down, Indefinite)

BWSE Injured or Unavailable:
  • Sione Fainu - Development Player (Lisfranc Operation, TBA)

Personal Unavailability:
  • Sean Keppie (Returned home for birth of his child, TBA)

I know there will be an official one come tomorrow after the sharks game but I'm busting to talk ****e about the storm game.

I think we could do them. Anyone interested in getting on the bus?

Now obviously the storm could put 40 on us and blow me right out of the water but I feel out of any match they have had in past 12 weeks we could just give them a hurry up.

Will obviously take our big guns to fire on the day but I just feel old Des will be working double time to put one over on Bellyache.

I'm putting it out there to be shot down.

Manly 37 Storm 18

Thoughts.

We will be a better show than Penrith that’s for sure (pending no injuries tonight). I didn’t watch yesterday’s game as I knew the storm would put 40 on them or close to it. No Jerome Hughes helps our cause but tbh they are one team I want to play at full strength. We turn up and play like we did v Eels and we’ll be a good show. We play like we did v tigers and will be hammered. Need to get through tonight first injury free.

They’re very good… I worry about our middle defence.

Fingers crossed we can go toe to toe
I think the plan might be to run them around a little, if our recent performances are any thing to go by.
I also see us rattling their cage and beating them, our lateral play will work their middle and we will get them where they least expect, by weakening their strength, Grant has some defensive flaws and he should be the main target, work him over, dull his value out of dummy half and hopefully he will drop off a tackle or two.
Looking forward to this game with some real confidence we get them, also looking forward to a solid win tonight.

If Hughes is out Grant plays longer minutes .... I hope someone smothers him all night and Brandon Smith

A very very tough game and if you remember back to 2008 we lost to them in the season but won the one that really counted.

They are pretty much the complete side for the current rules.

Not easy but if we play at our best a win is certainly not out of the question.

would you take a loss against the sharks if it guaranteed a win next week? hypothetical I know but a tough one.

We should run riot over the sharks tonight . With any luck Tommy and DCE are benched at about the 60min mark and we give the storm a real shake next week.
my only concern is our middle... Weve been leaking points/easy run meters thru the middle lately and storm will kill us if that is allowed to happen... If tigers can run 24 points thru our middle then storm will put atleast 40 on... So that's my hope for tonite, big win and tighten up the middle defence

Tonight's the night where every teams lets it all hang out . We either screw the Sharks or they screw us . We need to beat the inferior sharks convincingly so we can be on par with the Storm in their psychological winning momentum .

The Benchmark Storm are a great balanced team with two relentless Hookers with X factor capabilities and that is something we lack in that department .

The Storm backline does not leak points and does not have any liabilities with slow striding players .

Everything the storm do are precise and in speed . We need not not just match them in their excellence but rise above what they do like high flying sea eagles

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8