Pre-Game Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 28
Suncorp Stadium
07 Aug 2021 07:35 PM

Team Lists

Let's not forget this is the team (and the coach) who designed a play to take Brett Stewart out of a grand final. If they can do anything to take Tommy out "within the rules of the game", they will.
From the lowlife grubby mob that bought the wrestle and with it every bad and dangerous tackle in the book nothing would surprise me, even the refs tend to look the other way rather than face the wrath of Bellamy, you always expect something ugly from these grubs

I done my post before looking at this and is very accurate and so true...the Storm are such a methodical, no mistake footy side and well oiled machine....still see the likes of Pap, Fox, Hughes and Grant dangerous individuals, but it is the "team" contribution, that is key to their pointscoring ability.
The storm are like a collective, every player is on the same page, even when one or more of their stars are missing they still play the exact same game right across the park, very difficult to coach against imo

People, it’s football, 2 teams, 80 minutes, anything can happen, I’d like a dollar for every favourite that’s been beaten in sport, the variables are huge, guess we haven’t got long to find out, I like our chances, the storm are not unbeatable, they are just another footy side and yes as good as they are, I wish everyone would stop pumping their tyres, i Hope our boys don’t think like the majority and just focus on what they want, a premiership, go out on Saturday and achieve for themselves, they win, we win. To finish my rant we will win.

Respect your opinion but if I could choose between Manly's 'unstructured tries from anywhere' and Melbourne's 'building in attack', I'd take Storm every day of the week. Reason being, that's the kind of attack that wins semi-finals and grand finals.
Geez I hate agreeing with you sometimes.

If we can play like we did the first 20 minutes against Cronulla (and yes I am including the first 12 minutes when we didn't score), I think we will give this game a hell of a shake.

That was a 20 minute period of the exact shape in attack and defence that Des wants Manly playing for 80 minutes. That was really fun to watch. We owned Cronulla over that period.

I think this will be highly structured game. Neither team tries to be particulary a disruptive team (i.e you don't have the idiots on the teams that Souths, Canberra and Newcastle have - not that it works), so an 80 minute performance is needed by Manly and possibly a small dip from Melbourne in their current form for us to win. I'm going to love watching this game - both teams are the most entertaining in the competition when it comes to having strike all over the park and excellent role players and team structure. Throw Penrith in there at full strength.

From my own perspective it is less about winning or losing than sending a message that we are right in the ballpark when it comes to effectiveness. So it needs to be at least close like the Panthers game was. There is a long time between now and the finals and barring serious injuries each team will be within 5% of what they show Saturday so we need to be close enough or win.

Gonna be fun

NYEagle

Last edited:
The storm are like a collective, every player is on the same page, even when one or more of their stars are missing they still play the exact same game right across the park, very difficult to coach against imo
We wont be assimilated though.. (its a Treky thing)

Every day I'm just getting more and more excited for this game. It's our biggest test and I'm certain our boys are up for it. Imagine how keen our young boys are for this one, Schu Smole Saab and all them. Manly gonna shock the comp on Saturday night, I know it.

Interesting comparison. The Storm defeated the Sharks 40-14 earlier this year. Manly defeated the Sharks 40-22. If Manly hadn't clocked off and Turbo had stayed on those last two tries would probably not have been scored by the sharks and possibly Manly would have hit 50, Manly's defeat of a committed Shark outfit could have bettered the Storms effort. Doesn't mean that much but its an interesting comparison

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8