Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hmmmm! KE, I'm a big fan of your common sense on this board and I've been patient with Brown. His jumper grabbing tackling technique is driving me nuts. 9 missed tackles with three of them in one play!

We only have one decent defender, Jake. Too many cuddlers or players that can't hit and stick.
Even DCEs defence has dropped off recently.

lol honestly mate at halftime playing in the 2nd row, he hadn't missed a single tackle, where all his issues occurred, was when he went out to centre, which has happened way too often in his time with us

The drop in form pretty much coincides with the beginning of the NRL's salary cap investigations.
Nothing to do with investigations, and everything to do with attitude.

I think Cartwright, being our defensive coach and pissing off to SOO camp, let the players slack off in basic skills.

The offloads, due to arm grabs or wrestling a player whilst the arm carrying the ball is free, is truly SCG Ball level stuff :mad:

Cap Investigations would only affect the player, not the Team in any case :nod:

Change for who?Jonathon Wright?Perrett?Depth is pathetic.Parker is hardly first grade standard.He's young but one tackle on Vatuvei is hardly grounds for the wraps he gets on here

Serious changes are needed when you concede 92 points and miss 112 tackles in the space of 160mins of NRL.

Our season could be dead and buried next week with another 30+ loss.

I watched in horror as we fell off every tackle. We didn't stick & there was offload after offload. That's where we lost it. Embarrassing it was..
yeah embarrassing

and yet in the first few minutes of the 2nd half there was hope,
the crap at the end of TT's seemingly fine run followed by the insipid de-balling of Wright
in 2 minutes we went from possibles to bitches

Serious changes are needed when you concede 92 points and miss 112 tackles in the space of 160mins of NRL.

Our season could be dead and buried next week with another 30+ loss.
There's no one currently at the club that can improve on this team,on field anyway.Unless you're referring to the off field staff.And even then they will be controlled by a clown

Genuine question, you can't seem to put together a post without swear words and abuse in it

To help you along, hungi doesn't have an e on the end

Unfortunately I'm not able to ignore posters on here
then enjoy the truth.. should I be praising these duds? Is that what you're saying? nice try boys 63 missed tackles all good go manly.. better?

Just back from the game.
Well that was no fun!
Manly no longer seem to play as a team. Hard to fathom.
And to top it all, the Storm have the away supporters bay looking directly into the sun for the whole afternoon. Indicative of the way the afternoon went, there was not a cloud in the sky to shield the sun ... for the whole afternoon .... In Melbourne!!!!

yeah embarrassing

and yet in the first few minutes of the 2nd half there was hope,
the crap at the end of TT's seemingly fine run followed by the insipid de-balling of Wright
in 2 minutes we went from possibles to bitches
in fact I'll go as far to say, f#$k the goal kicking
I don't want to see Wright in a Manly jumper again after his a**e raping

then enjoy the truth.. should I be praising these duds? Is that what you're saying? nice try boys 63 missed tackles all good go manly.. better?

You could try articulating your opinion with an ounce of intelligence like the majority of others are able to do quite easily

It isn't that hard to say "this player is defending poorly today and needs to be hooked" rather than "this player is ****ing ****" etc that seems to be all you can produce

I think Cartwright, being our defensive coach and pissing off to SOO camp, let the players slack off in basic skills.

The offloads, due to arm grabs or wrestling a player whilst the arm carrying the ball is free, is truly SCG Ball level stuff :mad:

So what would be the reason for the complete change in attitude and confidence in the last 3 weeks?
The defence has been averaging 2 try's against all season but conceded 16 in the last two matches. Conceding 9 try's to a team who was beaten by Newcastle in the next game.

I'm an optimist but have been struggling to find a positive but have managed to do so.

We managed to beat Knights, Warriors and Tigers while not playing particularly well.

If we can beat Bulldogs, Warriors and Tigers despite playing **** we will be on 32 points and in the finals! Boom!!

Next week is another week, that kind of write off is exactly what the players seem to be subscribing too. They are not learning from mistakes, shredded with offloads last week and then this week, not moving up on the edges last week or this week, no pride in the goal line this week or last week. You have to learn from what you did or didn't do last week. The coach has to identify the issues and get the players to work on them. Although our mistakes are so glaringly obvious, the players shouldn't have to be told what they are doing wrong as they have to know how many tackles they are missing. How much ground they are giving up and how little they seem to give a ****. Always next week is a losers m.o

We went from a healthy ladder position and points differential to Also rans in a month. The players just looks off and given we only have 5 great players, 2 who are playing well and the rest of the squad isn't able to reach near their very limited ceiling, we are in a world of strife.

So what would be the reason for the complete change in attitude and confidence in the last 3 weeks?
The defence has been averaging 2 try's against all season but conceded 16 in the last two matches. Conceding 9 try's to a team who was beaten by Newcastle in the next game.
We have been going downhill for a while. The last 3 weeks just helped highlight it on the scoreboard.:cool:

I have no idea why Teams have slumps, but we are in one ATM.:(

Our players had hands on hips and walking back in defense - this is what they did in the first games of the season.

Manly have lost the game management aspect and try and score off each pass.:tmi:

If we could just catch and run at the line, instead of crabbing side wise and killing off our support players, we may rise again :)

Just on the arm grabbing and the inability to wrap up the ball in tackles, Jakey doesn't seem to be chopping people down with his low copybook tackles as much. Maybe he is and I'm missing it. I'm not blaming him for the debacle though.

The performance didn't surprise me, posted we would lose by 30.
Luckily it's a weak comp this year and we should scrape into the finals.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8