Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
it's called passion and I offer alot more then you do I actually understand the game and post lots of ways on how we can improve.. we have two great players in walker and uate we haven't used them right for weeks. We grubber on there line 5 times.. why not do it early and get walker and uate to capitalize? idiots that's why.. no short side plays no set plays except that 1 for the wright try no aggression in defense no line speed. let Smith run rampant instead of smashing him all night. Tommy needs to watch slater and snake footage he is always out of position and why is he taking hitups on our line? we will get smashed again next week then will win the next 4 and then lose in the finals 1st week. wait and see hungi boy

Some very good points in there, and offers a hell of a lot more to the forum than what you produced during most of the match, still let yourself down a couple of times but that's pretty good stuff

We're lacking the enthusiasm that got us to this position (despite our relatively weak roster). The forwards aren't running hard onto the ball from deep and they aren't supporting each other to keep the defence from gang tackling. Our kick chase has dropped off. The most worrying aspect is that our line speed in defence has dropped off, we aren't even putting in those effort sets to dominate the opposition for periods.

under the radar?

lol

wah
giphy.gif

It hasn't just been the past 3 weeks. Other than the win over Cronulla, our form has been crap since we just got past Newcastle.

We lost to Penrith (penalties aside), the Tigpies were a better team for 60 minutes, we had to come from behind to beat the Warriors and we've been embarrassed by both St Merge and the Scum.

We've gone backwards for the best part of the last 2 months.[/QUOTE

Your welcome to your opinion but I can only point to the stats. St merge scored 50 on us but lost to the last place team, which we beat. I think your pulling my leg if you the the NRL and Nine are not influencing results to gain maximum ratings and revenue.

I never said anything about the NRL or Nein. I didn't have to, we all know what is happening there. What I said is that the team has gone backwards in the past 2 months, especially defensively.

They need to get back to basics.

If you don't get the basics right, you are relying on miracle plays to make it a contest.

Are we really missing Sironen and Taufua this much? Wright looks like he's walking wounded most of the time, slow and lethargic.

I think Parker, Paseka and parhaps Schuster should be given a chance to show their worth.

We're lacking the enthusiasm that got us to this position (despite our relatively weak roster). The forwards aren't running hard onto the ball from deep and they aren't supporting each other to keep the defence from gang tackling. Our kick chase has dropped off. The most worrying aspect is that our line speed in defence has dropped off, we aren't even putting in those effort sets to dominate the opposition for periods.
Hit the nail on the head. Those 3 things got us into the top 3. Disappeared over the last few weeks. No hard straight running or running up in numbers. No energy. No wrapping up the ball. No wacking in defence. Just a big drop off in intensity and from that we are leaking points and the attack looks very clunky from a team that has scored rhe most tries in the comp.

Bigger hole than i thought left by siro. Replacements have been duds. Missing jorges 150m a game returns as well. The forwards have gone soft and kelly is a liability

Last edited:
People on the forum saying a player like woods is over rated but we need another prop out there like him. We also need better defensive players. We need a whole hearted good back rower like josh jackson and i really wish we had of made a play for gagai for centre in 2018.

We have too many players really not up to a top 4 consistent side.

I want to be positive too, but there has to be inherent positives happening that can be drawn on. I havnt seen much in the last few games that gives me much confidence at all, in fact, we seem to be getting worse and finding new ways to give up the ball, concede field position and allow points.

Do you think we deserve for it to swing our way? we are struggling to get the fundamentals right and our attitude is way off.
Mate if it makes you feel any better , i dont think we can get much worse then the last 2 games , so the only way is up..

Even last year we didn't suffer back to back losses as bad as this.

The only differences in our squad compared to our Cronnula win not long ago are Sironen and Perrett missing - and Cullen and Lane playing.

The forwards aren't doing their job in the opponents 20. They get the easy way out from our own end with the backs doing most of the hard work and then when we really need them charging onto the ball close to the line they are lackluster and lazy waiting for the backs to do all the work again!

Our next solid performance (hopefully against the chooks) will be a very relieving one, gotta get back to form, gotta get back to basics

As I and others predicted, it all went according to script eg the Scam hype, on the wrong side of 50/50 calls and even bounce of the ball, etc etc.

I agree with @Blucky in another thread, no team would've beaten the Scum today - not on Scam's day and in Melbourne. Them losing wasn't going to happen.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10