Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Next week is another week, they will turn it around . IT AIN'T OVER TILL IT'S OVER.
Haha i was waiting for the optimistic card funny . Id think its better to be optimistic then death riding them like a small few on here jeez.

Long time reader of these forums and your posts stick out for 1 reason. They appear to be exactly what a manly hater on line posts on his twitter reading the play. He slams Fulton non stop (same as you) also pushes that Brett will be coach (same as you).

I checked his twitter history and yes a Nordburg is a regular tweeter to him I wonder if in fact you are reading the play under a disguise? if not get an original opinion because everyone you sprout is 100% the same as his. Also funny when we were travelling ok you were not around as much.
Many of us on here think bob the knob is a dinosaur my friend...

Storm 1st and absolute daylight to 2nd and beyond. Just give them the trophy and let's just move on to next season when we free up over 1mil. Cronk will be gone and storm will struggle big time without him.

You could try articulating your opinion with an ounce of intelligence like the majority of others are able to do quite easily

It isn't that hard to say "this player is defending poorly today and needs to be hooked" rather than "this player is ****ing ****" etc that seems to be all you can produce
it's called passion and I offer alot more then you do I actually understand the game and post lots of ways on how we can improve.. we have two great players in walker and uate we haven't used them right for weeks. We grubber on there line 5 times.. why not do it early and get walker and uate to capitalize? idiots that's why.. no short side plays no set plays except that 1 for the wright try no aggression in defense no line speed. let Smith run rampant instead of smashing him all night. Tommy needs to watch slater and snake footage he is always out of position and why is he taking hitups on our line? we will get smashed again next week then will win the next 4 and then lose in the finals 1st week. wait and see hungi boy

it's called passion and I offer alot more then you do I actually understand the game and post lots of ways on how we can improve.. we have two great players in walker and uate we haven't used them right for weeks. We grubber on there line 5 times.. why not do it early and get walker and uate to capitalize? idiots that's why.. no short side plays no set plays except that 1 for the wright try no aggression in defense no line speed. let Smith run rampant instead of smashing him all night. Tommy needs to watch slater and snake footage he is always out of position and why is he taking hitups on our line? we will get smashed again next week then will win the next 4 and then lose in the finals 1st week. wait and see hungi boy

No Des, it's not called passion ... it's called emotional immaturity.

There's usually 1 team that's looking real good by early July but falls in a heap by end August and misses the finals or scrapes in but goes out. Looks like we're it this year.

Our Defence has been:
giphy.gif

If it's the same at half time against Easts, Trent should do this in the sheds :).....

giphy.gif

First half was great, 57% possession to Melbourne and defending our line a hell of a lot. I went to the game and you could just feel them fade away mentally

No evidence to show the ball hits the ground so they have to go with the live decision of try.

That is the perfect example of why tries where the ref can't see it should be sent to the bunker with a neutral call.
A little later on, they showed a different angle an it shows the ball touching the ground

I'm an optimist but have been struggling to find a positive but have managed to do so.

We managed to beat Knights, Warriors and Tigers while not playing particularly well.

If we can beat Bulldogs, Warriors and Tigers despite playing **** we will be on 32 points and in the finals! Boom!!
Thats it man, make the finals and anything can happen. We have some poor form at the moment but it will swing our way .

the first half was terrible aswell, the fact that we were only down by 6 doesn't mean we played well, defended well, tackled or defended with intent or looked remotely interested in winning the game.

Long time reader of these forums and your posts stick out for 1 reason. They appear to be exactly what a manly hater on line posts on his twitter reading the play. He slams Fulton non stop (same as you) also pushes that Brett will be coach (same as you).

I checked his twitter history and yes a Nordburg is a regular tweeter to him I wonder if in fact you are reading the play under a disguise? if not get an original opinion because everyone you sprout is 100% the same as his. Also funny when we were travelling ok you were not around as much.
Go back 2 yrs and you'll find similar opinions.My thoughts are solely my own and have no influence from said Twitter personality.Whilst our opinions on Fulton are very similar,I've never praised or bagged Barrett as I'm not sure he is able to express his talents whilst Fulton stands over him.I love Manly as much as anyone on here but i call it as I see it.When a fan criticises the team 99% of the time is because they care.The people who criticise are just as much a fan as the ones who say"bad luck boys,you tried and better luck next week"I at least come up with constructive points without resorting to bogan calls that blame refs or use childish retorts to fellow supporters.

So what would be the reason for the complete change in attitude and confidence in the last 3 weeks?
The defence has been averaging 2 try's against all season but conceded 16 in the last two matches. Conceding 9 try's to a team who was beaten by Newcastle in the next game.

It hasn't just been the past 3 weeks. Other than the win over Cronulla, our form has been crap since we just got past Newcastle.

We lost to Penrith (penalties aside), the Tigpies were a better team for 60 minutes, we had to come from behind to beat the Warriors and we've been embarrassed by both St Merge and the Scum.

We've gone backwards for the best part of the last 2 months.

Can't believe I flew in from Hong Kong to go and watch that dribble. I really thought (well, at least hoped) that we would put in a decent performance after last week's embarrassment. Luckily, I've mellowed a bit with age and not about to let it drag down a great weekend. After all, how else could you sit amongst a sea of Storm fans with the Cam Cumfest in full swing and watch that. I will say, the Storm fans were very well behaved. Did not get a single ribbing (probably felt sorry for me lol).

the first half was terrible aswell, the fact that we were only down by 6 doesn't mean we played well, defended well, tackled or defended with intent or looked remotely interested in winning the game.
Although on our line we at least looked like we tried

Thats it man, make the finals and anything can happen. We have some poor form at the moment but it will swing our way .

I want to be positive too, but there has to be inherent positives happening that can be drawn on. I havnt seen much in the last few games that gives me much confidence at all, in fact, we seem to be getting worse and finding new ways to give up the ball, concede field position and allow points.

Do you think we deserve for it to swing our way? we are struggling to get the fundamentals right and our attitude is way off.

You were doing so well until the last line and proving KE's point in the process!

Good time to be having our slump, plenty of time to burst back into form a couple of weeks out from the finals.
Storm are too good just now, but I doubt they'll win the comp.

Very telling response in the presser when Baz and DCE were asked what positives they take from the game.... [tumbleweeds roll from stage left to stage right. Crickets chirp]...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10