Game Day: Manly v Storm [Round 21, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
BS buddy.Ive been on Fulton's case since last year.Ive never praised or bagged Barrett because I'm not sure he has 100% control of this team
Bozo-designstyle-i-love-m.png

Stewart and Watmough were our everything in attack, defense, kick chase.

Now we dont have anyone playing in the back row.
Funnily enough watched some highlights 2013 side. Simply those 2 blokes amost our best ever i seen.
Snake was a 2nd 6 late in his career while choc basically carried our pack 170 yards most games up the centre in the middle.

Mate you were square and centre in my thoughts when i posted that haha
I like your sense of humour feathered friend :)
Todays loss has hurt all of us passionate supporters . We don't mind losing when our team shows quality and spirited display but when we lose by nearly 100 points in two games it is disappointing .
We are rebuilding and I am excited about the future players that will strengthen our team
There is always something positive to look forward to

Who will beat them???...

Well, the Sharks don't go to water when they play them, unlike most others. They actually target the big three, not bow down at their feet. Their confrontational attitude should be an example for others.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but DCE's kicking game was atrocious again today, and a number of his last tackle options were a complete mess. Got himself smashed a couple of times for it too.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but DCE's kicking game was atrocious again today, and a number of his last tackle options were a complete mess. Got himself smashed a couple of times for it too.
I like DCE , I think he is a great player and like all great players I expected him to take lead and show us the way but unfortunately he was lost with everyone else in our team

I like DCE , I think he is a great player and like all great players I expected him to take lead and show us the way but unfortunately he was lost with everyone else in our team
I was surprised how lateral we were playing today, especially in the second half when we had some ball in their attacking zone. There was zero penetration and we were just easy pickings as the Storm patiently waited for the inevitable pass out the back to a sweeping DCE and smashed him.

One thing I did appreciate is the defensive ability of DCE. He is incredibly tough and competent for his size (despite arguably dipping a little of recent) and he is very smart in reading and responding defensively when the line is broken or back-pedalling.

Funny that, it's almost like we're back to the days of the rest of the team underperforming around him, so all the opposition has to worry about is targeting DCE...
Yeah, it feels a bit like DCE starts taking it upon himself to turn it around individually. While the occasional individual brilliance is a great way to help ignite your team, I want to see DCE get a rocket up his team mates and start demanding more from them in clear precise instructions of what he expects from them. The individual hero play is a low percentage one, as glamorous and impressive as it looks when it works.

Last edited:
Yeah, it feels a bit like DCE starts taking it upon himself to turn it around individually. While the occasional individual brilliance is a great way to help ignite your team, I want see DCE get a rocket up his team mates and start demanding more from them in clear precise instructions of what he expects from them. The individual hero play is a low percentage one, as glamorous and impressive as it looks when it works.

I don't think it's so much that he is deliberately trying for the individual hero play, he's just being chucked the ball and not given any other option. Especially when it's taking bloody forever to even get the ball to him, and the ten isn't being well-enforced, so the defence are up in his face as he's getting the ball.

I don't think it's so much that he is deliberately trying for the individual hero play, he's just being chucked the ball and not given any other option. Especially when it's taking bloody forever to even get the ball to him, and the ten isn't being well-enforced, so the defence are up in his face as he's getting the ball.
Yeah, I didn't mean to suggest he was doing it as some egotistical strategy. I think it is a natural sub-conscious response when the team is struggling. However, it also suggests that he is not clear on the bigger picture and what needs to be done to get the team back on track. That is an area he could better develop. If the 10 is skinny and defensive line up in his face, then he needs to have a strategy to counter that and be able to marshal his men to respond accordingly. That involves telling his forwards (and backs) precisely what he wants them to do and where to be. That is part of being a great general in charge of men. All that being said, I guess we acknowledge DCE is not that type of leader and that probably fits better within Green's role and ability.

I hope Tommy watches the tape again and again and really gets it... that moment that Smith runs out of dummy half, stops almost in front of Tommy, and then dribbles a grubber through for Cronk, who had 6 years to wait for a favourable bounce and put it down because no fullback was anywhere to be seen. That highlighted Tommy's biggest weakness. I hope he watches it and really gets it. It was almost like a master teaching a young buck how it works.

Can't really be generally critical of the team as every one seemed to at least have a dig. Just seem to be down on confidence and cohesion and definitely missing Siro's and Jorge"s previous solid input. Just outplayed and eventually worn down by a better organized and relentless opposition. Manly is still a much better team then today"s effort indicated and should just regroup , field their best available side for the Roosters and just try to regain the playing style and attitude that served them well and previously gained such good results for most of this season

yeah embarrassing

and yet in the first few minutes of the 2nd half there was hope,
the crap at the end of TT's seemingly fine run followed by the insipid de-balling of Wright
in 2 minutes we went from possibles to bitches

well, FWIW and having slept on it, it was without doubt after Wrights de-balling that the white flag really went up.
It was so infuriating that he seemed to accept it without any angst whatsoever, just trotted back out to the wing......

and that was so soon after his brain explosion 'momentum killing' penalty!!!

oh just one thing about the strip, how long and how many goes does one get to execute a one on one strip, Kaufusi had at least 5 tugs at it, it was like he was going to be given whatever he needed to get the job done (and even then it was marginal whether he had actually fully stripped it)?

and yes, I'm sure the loss would still have occurred but it certainly wouldn't have been 40 without Wright's input.

End of the line in top grade for Wright as far as I'm concerned (he can join Brown in Reggies for the remainder of the season).

I hope Tommy watches the tape again and again and really gets it... that moment that Smith runs out of dummy half, stops almost in front of Tommy, and then dribbles a grubber through for Cronk, who had 6 years to wait for a favourable bounce and put it down because no fullback was anywhere to be seen. That highlighted Tommy's biggest weakness. I hope he watches it and really gets it. It was almost like a master teaching a young buck how it works.
Singling out our best player on the day for criticism is disingenuous. He was one of our shining lights.
The major concern is that most of our players have lost of the art of tackling effectively.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10