MANLY V ST MERGE [Round 19 2014] 21-7-14

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ALinda said:
After the very sad and heavy news today, a nice feel-good bit of news which has probably been missed by many is that a southern right whale gave birth overnight off the Northern Beaches. Mother and calf were last seen off Curl Curl and all looked well. The Daily was on FB asking for suggested names for the calf and mine was 'Silvertail', which I thought appropriate in view of its birthplace and this site's 10th Birthday :) (Sorry this is off-topic but figured here was as good as anywhere to put it.)
ALinda, that is excellent news about the whales. I've been following that story from my QLD bush. We get some carefully selected news from NSW up here and I knew the mother was about to give birth. Silvertail is the perfect name for the calf. I hope other Manly local posters will also vote for that name.
Dragon smashing time on Monday but it's a pity that some of our senior players have been acting like Bunji at the Tigpies last year. They need to get over it and on with the job like Manly men.

niccipops said:
ALinda said:
Thanks @niccipops and glad we're like-minded :)
Shhh..don't tell the boys but the girls are the smart ones.;)

*The blokes on here are obviously reasonably clever though, since they go for Manly.:D
Some girls will, some girls won't
Some girls need a lot of lovin' and some girls don't
Well, I know I've got the fever but I don't know why
Some say they will and some girls lie :)

niccipops said:
ALinda said:

*The blokes on here are obviously reasonably clever though, since they go for Manly.:D

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

nice save

The more I look at this game the more I can see the danger level rising. Our forwards must get it over their forwards to nullify their back line. Choc should be fit and chomping at the bit to get back to 100% which should see us home.

Ferris in his 100th to reaffirm his value, too.

And , I'm hoping, Taufua starts to fire up and take on the line again.

Manly by 14.

Once again we have a game coming up we should win and put us comfortably in for a top 2 spot. Just the sort of game we will screw up big time. Our only chance is that Gasnier is tipping the goons but it won't help. Goons by 8.

P.S When will they stop referring to them as St George with a history back to 1932. That team is dead and buried just like Norths,Newtown and others.

Alan said:
niccipops said:
ALinda said:

yes dear, whatever you think best dear, yes you're right dear.

Yes dear, I heard you the fifth time dear.

I think we've fraternized with the same woman, old mate!

King had a big game against Souths back in March, Manly 14-12. He traded hits with Sam & George Beetlejuice,
but since then bugger all. Kingy might've contracted T-Rexitis.

manlyfan76 said:
The more I look at this game the more I can see the danger level rising. Our forwards must get it over their forwards to nullify their back line. Choc should be fit and chomping at the bit to get back to 100% which should see us home.

I heard today that Choc, Taufua and King are in a bit of doubt for tomorrow night. King's no great loss and let's hope Jorge only plays if he's fully fit - no use being half fit.

But Choc not playing in this game, after reluctantly being out for a month, is unthinkable! Choc in doubt......and pigs fly :dodgy:

Hurry up and play this game.

I hate Monday night footy. I feel like ive wasted my weekend not watching manly play.:angel:

RiverEagle said:
Yeah it's a long weekend in an unenjoyable way.

I just hope the extra turnaround helps us more than the Merge.

Hopefully so because the short turn around for the warriors away next weekend means a certain loss. This is very much a must win game. No excuses and no slip ups boys.

ahh well. patience is a good thing.

something to look forward to on Monday night.

May even re-institute Monday night beers.

Forget the bookies this is an even bet game. There is a 50% chance we wont even turn up to play. God i hope the good manly team shows up.

manlyfan76 said:
The more I look at this game the more I can see the danger level rising.

100%. Especially after the dogs got a touch up today. DANGER DANGER DANGER Will Robinson.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6