MANLY V ST MERGE [Round 19 2014] 21-7-14

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its amazing how little coverage Oz has in the 21st Century . NBN won't help either :sleepy:

I worked in the jungles of Irian Jaya in the early 90s, at a Mine (IT Section), and got permission for the Guys to tilt the Satellite on the weekend so that I could watch the ABC games on Saturday. :)

I basically bribed the CFO by installing some dumb Golf Game on his PC :p

Distance does not wane our love of Manly :heart:

Shaping as a danger game for sure, over there at Kogorah.

Gaz talking the Merge up (on Sterlo tonight)

And Mary McGregor with another week in charge...

I still expect us to win, hopefully well, with Origin and the byes all over now, and the run to the finals beginning.

I won't be surprised at all, if it's a tough night for us though.

Wonder if Wayne coming back rumors are a plus for the Saints Players.
Mary seems to have a following, so they maybe miffed, if he is replaced with a super expensive old bugger :cool:

It's hard to seriously dislike Mary.

Fantastic to see the Footy Show (yesss on Nein) tonight, up in Newcastle and getting right behind the RiseForAlex round!

Don't need to keep mentioning the 97 Grand Final tho!

ManlyArmy said:
Always a danger game against the Dragons. Will be a tough one. Manly by 2

Brissie Kid said:
Seriously bad record at Kogarah. Never recover from the day Manly led 34-10 and got run down. http://stats.rleague.com/rl/teams/manly/manly_bv.html#30

Manly To Win! said:
Definitely a danger game. Tough fortnight coming up.

Mitch said:
Ralphie said:
NRL.Com preview are tipping the Dragons to win in an upset.

The Way We See It: With history and form behind them the Dragons wouldn't look out of place if they ended up in the winner's circle again to make it five from six and continue their resurgence under coach 'Mary' McGregor. Manly are suspicious on Monday nights having lost four of their last ten in the closing game of the round and were lucky to get away with the win against the Knights (15-14) in Round 10’s Monday night fixture. Considering they snuck away with the win the last time they faced the Dragons (coincidentally on a Monday night) the Sea Eagles may slip up and fall to a 2-6 record away from Brookvale in 2014. We’re calling an upset – Dragons by two.

http://www.nrl.com/dragons-v-sea-eagles-preview/tabid/10874/newsid/80285/default.aspx

Going off that preview we're underdogs, brilliant!

The last game we had against the Dragons at Kogarah I heard one of the commentators say that we had broken the hoodoo WIN Jubilee Oval had over our team. So just like the Canberra Raiders home ground having a hoodoo over the Dragons, WIN Jubilee Oval has a hoodoo over our boys. We need to see if our first win at WIN Jubilee Oval wasn't just a fluke win. I can still remember that try the Dragon's were awarded that came off the back of a double movement. Now, I don't like calling anyone names but my dad calls the Dragon's the Tin Cans. In other words he doesn't like them- at all.

manlyfan76 said:
I hate Monday night football

I also hate Monday 11am football. Silly time for a game if you ask me

globaleagle said:
Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:

Glad to hear you weren't on the plane heading to KL!

Condolences to the 295.

As do I and I'm sure that probably everyone else here felt the same.

As soon as I heard about the plane that departed Amsterdam had been shot down, I immediately thought of Dan's recent post in the "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SILVERTAILS" thread where he said:

"I actually have to start putting plans in place in case I die, particularly with all the work travel I do as you never know and I need to make sure the site exists after me when that day eventually comes.

I was hoping that that wasn't some sort of premonition that had came true. :-/

Now, on a more happier note:

ManlyVsSaints.jpg

HappilyManly said:
Shows how much ' living for today' means, we all fly quite a bit, and it could all be over before we know it :angel:

Lucky Country we live in, where opposing view points can be entertained without armaments :cool:

RIP, may they also locate the lost Souls of MH370

Ditto.

I only added a new signature this week (about Life being too Short etc.)

We can take it for granted, too often (our lives).

Events like these remind we shouldn't.

globaleagle said:
Dan said:
manlyfan76 said:

Glad to hear you weren't on the plane heading to KL!

Condolences to the 295.

A friend of mine was on that flight last week. He moves here in September so damn lucky!

I prefer KLM route to Abu Dhabi then to Sydney from via Etihad just a more pleasant flight with shorter stop over times

I flew home with the family from Europe on Monday. At one point I was looking at the flight map thingy and noticed we were flying over the Ukraine and thought, "Good thing we're not on the ground." Apparently the air's not much safer.

We are safe in The Fortress Brookie at least :)

Its inconceivable that outside of a declared War, someone determines that a BUK Missile Launcher is permissable :s

RiverEagle said:
I only added a new signature this week (about Life being too Short etc.)

We can take it for granted, too often (our lives).

Events like these remind we shouldn't.

Well said RE.

niccipops said:
Reading some of your posts, we are so bloody lucky here in Aussie.
Go Manly, wherever you are and stay safe.:heart:

And well said @niccipops !

After the very sad and heavy news today, a nice feel-good bit of news which has probably been missed by many is that a southern right whale gave birth overnight off the Northern Beaches. Mother and calf were last seen off Curl Curl and all looked well. The Daily was on FB asking for suggested names for the calf and mine was 'Silvertail', which I thought appropriate in view of its birthplace and this site's 10th Birthday :) (Sorry this is off-topic but figured here was as good as anywhere to put it.)

Back on topic, yes this really is a danger game for us - what with Kogarah Oval being a hoodoo ground and Monday night being a hoodoo night. Add to that all the hoo-ha with Stevie and Choc this week and we could easily lose it. I'm inclined to think though our class will prevail - just. Go Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2