Pre-Game Manly v Sharks [Round 23, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

6 40
4 Pines Park
20 Aug 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Hasler must be brain dead. Has picked the same old rubbish.
No wonder we are losing few of our younger player to other clubs as it seems someone had to die in order to get dropped.
Shambles I say!

Walker named at 13 - his seventh position for the Sea Eagles - the others being 1, 4, 6, 7, 9 & 14. Wonder if he'll actually start at lock?

As expected, Des has reunited Harper & Parker. At least, Talakai isn't playing.

I am being honest here

Can one of you guys please enlighten me what Burbo adds to our team in the forwards or the backs ?

I honestly don't know @BOZO.
Burbo is neither a strike centre or backrower at this stage.
I think Bully would offer more in both positions.

But Dessie's penchant for picking only one front rower on the bench is perplexing.
Surely without Jake we need another no frills middle, KDL may not shoot the lights out with teh ball but defensively he looks sound to me.

Is Walker going to do 40 tackles like Jake or is Croker going to have to take up the slack and do 70 tackles?

Surely Zac Fulton needs to be given an opportunity to tackle his guts out or Bullemor.
Walker made 48 tackles when he played the 80 minutes at hooker against the dragons, so he’s very capable. However, I don’t think he will play the full 80 minutes at lock like Jake usually does, so might not make as many tackles.

Walker made 48 tackles when he played the 80 minutes at hooker against the dragons, so he’s very capable. However, I don’t think he will play the full 80 minutes at lock like Jake usually does, so might not make as many tackles.

Is that really what we want from Walker? He is an attacking weapon being used as a grunt tackler.

No wonder he is leaving.

Yeah or it might just surprise us as it’s the last home game and the die hards go regardless!
After the Knights win a lot of us on here were entertaining thoughts of a home semi...wow !! how wrong were we...The Storm and Knights wins seems like a season ago now. We seem to be locked into a habit of promising so much but delivering so little.

Is that really what we want from Walker? He is an attacking weapon being used as a grunt tackler.

No wonder he is leaving.
ah..yes, that's what we want. Croker's a tough little bloke who tackles his heart out, would be good for Walker to help out and do some hard yakka, instead of doing 15min here and 15 min there for much of the season.

Des is showing he is either incapable of change or wont change his approach. Don't know if it just plain old stubbornness or an "up you" to somebody above him. Either way IMO it has hurt us this year (not the sole factor I agree) and frustrated the development of some of our younger players. I expected big things at the beginning of the season and expected to see us evolve and grow with the changes in the game. Sadly our feet are still stuck in cement.

ah..yes, that's what we want. Croker's a tough little bloke who tackles his heart out, would be good for Walker to help out and do some hard yakka, instead of doing 15min here and 15 min there for much of the season.
I love watching Croker play but I really hope we can unearth a young attacking Hooker for the bench next year. With Walker gone, it's the perfect time to find someone dynamic to get us on the front foot and get our forwards rolling up the field. I think Croker could even cover lock (ala Victor Radley) in a pinch if we needed Jake up front. I know he's not the biggest bloke but he's a tough little bugger.

I love watching Croker play but I really hope we can unearth a young attacking Hooker for the bench next year. With Walker gone, it's the perfect time to find someone dynamic to get us on the front foot and get our forwards rolling up the field. I think Croker could even cover lock (ala Victor Radley) in a pinch if we needed Jake up front. I know he's not the biggest bloke but he's a tough little bugger.
Happy to have the Lawman as our back up for Croker tbh, not much on offer anyway. Our problems are squarely in the forwards.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6