Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 20, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
10 4 Pines Park
28 Jul 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

It is not about me. It is about the young gay Manly supporters. If any of these guys are responsible for even one young suicide. Well good luck to them when they meet their maker
Well, you could champion these young people by organizing a dialogue with the players.

If the Manly club had been more thoughtful before releasing the jersey, they would have invited Ian Roberts to talk to the players.

What will the public outcry from this be if even one young gay person commits suicide over this? Don't these idiots realise that they are basically idols to so many young people?
I don't know why you are spamming this post-game thread with these comments when there are threads dedicated to the topic.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 10
Roosters: 20

296105682_10159904563795993_8639251640281276417_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:
c620536e7a3a92d0858c6791b2d697cf.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Manly players, fans show plenty of pride despite jersey drama

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So proud of tonight's team. The so called magnificent seven should hang their heads in shame. Real men do not hide behind a faith that has twisted the true meaning of Christianity. Could someone please point out when and where Christ said that same sex/love are condemned to hell. When ignorant, lazy people, uneducated people rely on preachers, priests to tell them how to think and behave instead of reading, researching themselves. We end up with zelots that are a danger to themselves and society. The actions of the so called magnificent 7 are the actions of naive people lacking the fundamental understanding of the true meaning of Christianity.

I watched the whole game mate. Once again his defence was tireless. Even saved 2 tries with Intercepts alone. Even got back into the fullback position when no one was there. Believe me if Chez wasn't playing well then yeah we would have seen some of those ridiculous 40 60 pt losses some of you part time supporters were calling before the match. He was great.
Part time supporter you reckon? Mate I watch every game without fail and go to every home game there is, and was once again there tonight. The reality is DCE cost us big time tonight with his extremely average kicking game. Yes I know he always does the little one percenters well, like always backing up plays and getting back after a kick to help out but I would honestly give his performance a 4/10 tonight due to his lack of organization and **** kicking game that allowed them to have great field position and start their set on their 40m or even half way pretty much every set, which completely put us under the pump in defense as we were constantly back peddling and they were winning the ruck as a result. Also he failed to pick up on that captains challenge where the roosters player clearly knocked it on in front of our own try line and they ended up getting a penalty from it instead of us getting the ball. I’m afraid DCE is simply not a captain or a leader, and he seriously struggles to stay composed and come up with the right option when the team needs him to. That is why he will never be one of the great halfbacks.

Spamming? Is that what you call it? I am on a Manly Forum talking specific issues with the club sensitive issues about young gay Manly supporters and you call it spamming?
Also, I forgot to mention his shocking defensive read in their first try, where he came out of the defensive line, planted his feet, and then failed to slide across in support of his outside men, leading to a massive overlap and an easy try for them. The same **** happens every week with that right side defense and DCE is always the main culprit but no one seems to pick up on it and it seems like even the coaches aren’t speaking to him and the others about it because it just keeps happening.

Tent should be the first front rower picked, how there are 4 in front of him is astonishing.

Boyle, Marty and De Luis were ok but Tent stood out, the other two in Aloiai and Sipley they be the last two for selection on my list.

Last edited:
So proud of the team. They all tried hard and the debutantes stood up, particularly Fulton. I didn't know what to expect but it turned out to be a decent crowd, great atmosphere, with no tension or negative behaviour.

At the end it - almost - felt like we won, just couldn't quite get there but still many fans were smiling. It was a good ending to an awful week and well done to the players and coaching staff involved.

I do not want them back. We showed tonight that the boys on deck played better than any other team in NRL history with 10+ players out. This is Manly. This is pride!!
I hope this news pleases you. If there had been consultation earlier, this debacle could have been avoided.

"Scott Penn said the players who refused to play in tonight’s match against the Roosters have agreed to wear a pride jersey next season, as long as they are consulted."

I do not want them back. We showed tonight that the boys on deck played better than any other team in NRL history with 10+ players out. This is Manly. This is pride!!
Mate stop, take a deep breath & don't let yourself get so worked up. We Silvertails all understand & do appreciate your concerns. We all have opinions on what has transpired this past week & rest assured this has come as a shock to us all. You also have to understand that the 7 plus 3 others have their beliefs which have been instilled into them from a very young age. I'd go as far as to say they probably don't deep down care whether anyone is gay or not. It's their leaders that have created this. I think these guys were sitting at home tonight, watching the game & feeling sick to the stomach as to what's happened yet are confused & afraid to go against their religion just as you suggest that young gay people are afraid of them! I'm not sticking up for them nor am I condoning what they did but I am putting myself in their 'young' shoes & i reckon they're remorseful & confused. I don't think they ever expected the backlash from other players, ex players, other supporters & our own supporters. My worry is that players like Koula & Tuipulotu will be scarred by what's hit them like a tonne of bricks to be honest....hopefully they'll come out of this better persons & understand the meaning of equality. I dunno, I'm gutted that this has happened.

Mate stop, take a deep breath & don't let yourself get so worked up. We Silvertails all understand & do appreciate your concerns. We all have opinions on what has transpired this past week & rest assured this has come as a shock to us all. You also have to understand that the 7 plus 3 others have their beliefs which have been instilled into them from a very young age. I'd go as far as to say they probably don't deep down care whether anyone is gay or not. It's their leaders that have created this. I think these guys were sitting at home tonight, watching the game & feeling sick to the stomach as to what's happened yet are confused & afraid to go against their religion just as you suggest that young gay people are afraid of them! I'm not sticking up for them nor am I condoning what they did but I am putting myself in their 'young' shoes & i reckon they're remorseful & confused. I don't think they ever expected the backlash from other players, ex players, other supporters & our own supporters. My worry is that players like Koula & Tuipulotu will be scarred by what's hit them like a tonne of bricks to be honest....hopefully they'll come out of this better persons & understand the meaning of equality. I dunno, I'm gutted that this has happened.
Please don't give me this beliefs nonsense spiel if the reports this morning are to be believed that next year the jerseys will be ok... as long as someone asks them first? What an absolute load of garbage that they claimed that up until the game it was a cultural/religious issue and a line that no way would they cross but now those beliefs will be ok next year... because someone asked us about it??? Ohhh the absolute hypocrisy!

I hope this news pleases you. If there had been consultation earlier, this debacle could have been avoided.

"Scott Penn said the players who refused to play in tonight’s match against the Roosters have agreed to wear a pride jersey next season, as long as they are consulted."

sorry - what a lot of rubbish... hey Manly our beliefs/culture/religion would have allowed us to play if you asked us first. It says in our scripture and we have been taught since childhood that same sex relations are forbidden... and you cannot support that lifestyle unless some asks you if it is ok first. What an effing bunch of hypocrites. Penn, Hasler and DCE and the rest of the boys must be absolutely seething at the hypocrisy.

Please don't give me this beliefs nonsense spiel if the reports this morning are to be believed that next year the jerseys will be ok... as long as someone asks them first? What an absolute load of garbage that they claimed that up until the game it was a cultural/religious issue and a line that no way would they cross but now those beliefs will be ok next year... because someone asked us about it??? Ohhh the absolute hypocrisy!
:eek:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8