Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 20, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
10 4 Pines Park
28 Jul 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

I managed to get my hands on next weeks jersey...
Photo on 29-7-2022 at 6.31 am #2.jpg

The only let down was Seci. But I reckon if he was picked next week he would improve
He doesn’t have the physical attributes to be a regular first grader. He was lucky to make 1-2M on his carries. He makes Keppie and De Luis look zippy.

In saying that, he had a go and put his body on the line so don’t want to bag him, but from a footballing perspective, unless there is another boycott, I can’t see him getting near the team again.

You’d put one of the slowest players in our team on the wing?
I love your profile pic @blacktown eagle. If you ask why? It’s because that’s jersey was the first one I was brought as a kid and that was the jersey worn when I started supporting the club. It always brings back good memories when I see that pic. Off topic here I know.

What a loss! Never thought I could so so delighted with a loss. Those 17 boys tried their backsides off in spite of seven team mates turning their backs on them and leaving them all at sea for such a vital match.
Our usual bravehearts were wonderful but then there was Paseka, Marty, Bully, and the journeymen!
OMFG it never felt so good to be Manly. The whole crowd was buzzing til the end and after.
Manly forever!!!!!!!

So proud of the team. They all tried hard and the debutantes stood up, particularly Fulton. I didn't know what to expect but it turned out to be a decent crowd, great atmosphere, with no tension or negative behaviour.

At the end it - almost - felt like we won, just couldn't quite get there but still many fans were smiling. It was a good ending to an awful week and well done to the players and coaching staff involved.
The drive home from the Central Coast is definitely longer after a loss however last night we left the ground so proud of the effort. A loss on a Thursday night generally leaves me in a ****ty mood until team list Tuesday however I may even watch a replay of the game which is something I generally don’t after we lose. 👏🌈

So it is that easy to forgive and forget? Try putting yourself in the shoes of the young gay Manly supporters who this has effected. And believe me there are thousands!
Tolerance, understanding and acceptance of differing ideals is a two way street.

Really great effort tonight by the boys.

Except for Garrick. His two mistakes in the first half lead directly to tried and he bombed a try in the 2nd half. His worst game for Manly.
Yeah it was not one of Rubes better games, huge turning point letting the ball bounce just after Davey scored. And take away that BS penalty for the supposed strip, that's 8pts they shouldn't of got. Surely we should of Captain challenged that?

Spirited effort and were certainly up for the game . Realize that they would always be up against it but just had a faint hope that with a big effort and a few things going their way that they could even jag an unlikely win . Not that many things went their way which after the type of week occurred did seem surprising ,. Roosters were a bit off but so was D C E "s kicking game, Almost had the where with all to get the better of them but just seemed to fall short when it mattered . Considering the firepower that the Roosters had in attack , a pretty good defensive effort by Manly . Naturally was just pleased that the side was competitive and tried really hard for a respectable score line but a bit of a reality check this morning that a few of the unavailable 7 could just have made that vital difference . Only thing that matters now is to regroup and make every effort to win all of their remaining games , what "s done is done .

Yeah it was not one of Rubes better games, huge turning point letting the ball bounce just after Davey scored. And take away that BS penalty for the supposed strip, that's 8pts they shouldn't of got. Surely we should of Captain challenged that?

Agree loose carry.

Everyone seems to forget also in the first half when Garrick for some reason a kick to him was a 40/20 - it wasn't. He batted the ball back to a Roosters player. Then they scored 3 tackles later
We should have had the ball except Garricks brain fade directly lead to a try . Terrible game that cost us dearly

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8