Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 20, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
10 4 Pines Park
28 Jul 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

would like to know what was said between them after the game...Don't think they were planning a date night!
It looked like a tense conversation. I enjoyed Zac's deadpan expression and the way he walked away as if to say **** you without actually saying it - it was classic fulton, angry under the surface.

Bozo always looked pissed-off even when he scored a try. Scott was a hot head. I played against Brett, and he was very silent but unfriendly to the opposition. It is good that Zac brings that Fulton attitude.

Roosters enforced Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was one of three players charged by the Match Review Committee following his side's 20-10 win over the Sea Eagles on Thursday night.

Hargreaves was charged with a Grade One Dangerous Contact offence on Manly youngster Zac Fulton in the 62nd minute of the game, which will attract a $3,000 fine with an early guilty plea. As it is his third and subsequent offence this year, he will face a two-match ban if he unsuccessfully contests the charge at the judiciary.

What a joke. The bloke has probably been charged more times than anyone else in the league and can still get away with this rubbish. No less to a 20 year kid on debut who obviously got under his skin, no 'welcome to first grade' about this just plain old grubbery.

Clearly gets away with this stuff due to the team he plays for and no doubt if a Manly player were to do something similar, they'd be sitting out a few weeks.

I thought we'd probably aim up last night initially but thought we'd collapse in the end when the emotion ran out. But the opposite happened - started badly and as usual conceded the first 4 or 5 penalties ( what a shock ) and thought from half time the flood gates may open.

The way we fought back was super brave. They'll have to lock the gates next week against Parra and with that effort we'll smash them.

Awesome stuff.

Roosters enforced Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was one of three players charged by the Match Review Committee following his side's 20-10 win over the Sea Eagles on Thursday night.

Hargreaves was charged with a Grade One Dangerous Contact offence on Manly youngster Zac Fulton in the 62nd minute of the game, which will attract a $3,000 fine with an early guilty plea. As it is his third and subsequent offence this year, he will face a two-match ban if he unsuccessfully contests the charge at the judiciary.

Teammate Egan Butcher was also charged with a Grade Two High Tackle - Careless offence in the final minute of the game and will miss one week with an early plea.

Manly debutant Alfred Smalley was cited for the same offence following his tackle on Sam Verrills in the opening five minutes of the game, and he too will miss one week with an early guilty plea.
$3000 for JWH and 1 week for Smalley, fmd the NRL penalty system needs a major overhaul.

3k is no deterrent to a king grub like JWH.

Teammate Egan Butcher was also charged with a Grade Two High Tackle - Careless offence in the final minute of the game and will miss one week with an early plea.

Manly debutant Alfred Smalley was cited for the same offence following his tackle on Sam Verrills in the opening five minutes of the game, and he too will miss one week with an early guilty plea.
So JWH who’s an out and out GRUB, pushes his elbow into Zac’s face and “ grinds it “ for about 15 seconds and gets a $3k fine and Smalley who throws and accidental arm out gets a week off.

**** me dead there’s something truly wrong with the system.

Surprised the morons on the MRC didn’t charge Boyle for having the temerity to injure Collins.

So JWH who’s an out and out GRUB, pushes his elbow into Zac’s face and “ grinds it “ for about 15 seconds and gets a $3k fine and Smalley who throws and accidental arm out gets a week off.

**** me dead there’s something truly wrong with the system.
Absolutely Mark, the other one I hate is hip drop tackles.

The player injured gets weeks, months or a season and the offender gets a fine.

Brad Parker out for months and the guy that did it only got a fine (I think).

Complete farce, so much for protecting the players, just lip service like usual from the NRL.

Last edited:
It's funny, that expression "it will either galvanise or break the team" truly applied this week & the Magnificent 17 who played last night displayed a passion I haven't seen much of lately.

It does make me wonder a hypothetical of how we would have gone this season without the Stand Down 7...
I think its one thing to rise for the occasion but quite another to maintain that level throughout the year

Hmmm. Guessing Harper got nothing for being the first 3rd man in sin binned for like 7 years.

What a joke. The bloke has probably been charged more times than anyone else in the league and can still get away with this rubbish. No less to a 20 year kid on debut who obviously got under his skin, no 'welcome to first grade' about this just plain old grubbery.

Clearly gets away with this stuff due to the team he plays for and no doubt if a Manly player were to do something similar, they'd be sitting out a few weeks.

Made of Teflon nothing sticks to him.

I probably won't torture myself and rewatch that game, but I probably should as it appears that I am alone in thinking Harper cost us a win.

I have not been a Harper basher, and I do pause to wonder if I should scratch the bear.

Up against Manu who tore us to shreds all night, the comparison was stark.The missed tackle letting him in for that try was dreadful, I really thought we were getting on top, only for him to let Manu through. Apart from that, I thought his efforts were ok, but comparing them makes me realise what the team is missing out of in the centres.

Then there was the dropped ball with the line open. I know the pass was slightly behind him, but I still think he should have caught it.

I'm also over his little "jump in the air, I am going to dodge" move every time he got the ball, that gives defenders extra free metres to reduce his yardage.

Granted, his post contact metres were ok, I just think he does himself out of some easy ground.

Hmmm. Guessing Harper got nothing for being the first 3rd man in sin binned for like 7 years.
Yes another example of the blatant bias of Atkins. JWH uses a forceful elbow to the neck and holds it for 10 secs. Penalty but stays on field. Harper comes in and pushes player away after they have hit a Manly player high already being held by two. Gets 10 mins in bin. They say consistency is overrated.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8