Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 20, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
10 4 Pines Park
28 Jul 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Think that Tent , Marty and Boyle deserve some extra praise for their input last night, really tried to take it up to the Roosters pack . Add Alioia and will be a good prop grouping or match for any remaining opposition pack . No doubt Sipley will still be considered but Boyle did good last night and after such a long lay off .

Agree loose carry.

Everyone seems to forget also in the first half when Garrick for some reason a kick to him was a 40/20 - it wasn't. He batted the ball back to a Roosters player. Then they scored 3 tackles later
We should have had the ball except Garricks brain fade directly lead to a try . Terrible game that cost us dearly
Yeah I agree, I forgot about that one. I was watching the game on Fox and the commentators mentioned nothing about the kick not being a 40/20. I just took it for granted it was a 40/20. So many moments in the game that could of gone our way, in truth we really could of won this game...mmm..if only ..lol.

Think that Tent , Marty and Boyle deserve some extra praise for their input last night, really tried to take it up to the Roosters pack . Add Alioia and will be a good prop grouping or match for any remaining opposition pack . No doubt Sipley will still be considered but Boyle did good last night and after such a long lay off .
100% ma, Was really impressed with Boyles go forward and carry's. Towards the end he looked totally spent which is what you want to see before a player comes off. Have no qualms about Boyle taking Keppie's spot tbh.

Love Smalley and how he plays the game, did a great tackle on the Easts winger to stop a try and scored a deserved try on fulltime. Should be the next cab of the rank should Saab or Tui miss a game.
Was fairly confident that Smalley would go O K and didn "t disappoint , Due respects to Seci but also would have expected Vaega to go well also if he took his opportunity . Real shame actually , wouldn 't have turned the game but sure that he would have made his presence felt in a significant way .

Exciting game with great effort by all players. All of our senior players stood up. Walker's first game at right centre in three years and he was very good. Bullemor & Paseka played like men possessed. IMO, Smalley is NRL standard. Will any of the seven lose their places in the side? Maybe.... depends on injuries to some extent.
Well I'd say Keppie's spot is up for grabs after last night.

much deserved praise for Manly 's effort again but was surprised by the lack of urgency to form that scrum just before half time after a Rooster "s error and one last shot to attack , even on the verge of the siren . Very demanding i st half for sure but gee , even a half chance to briefly pressure them could have turned into something worthwhile .

Was fairly confident that Smalley would go O K and didn "t disappoint , Due respects to Seci but also would have expected Vaega to go well also if he took his opportunity . Real shame actually , wouldn 't have turned the game but sure that he would have made his presence felt in a significant way .
Yeah, I would imagine Las Vegas and the other two Blacktown Workers players would of had mixed feelings about making themselves unavailable for the chooks game, what an opportunity missed.

much deserved praise for Manly 's effort again but was surprised by the lack of urgency to form that scrum just before half time after a Rooster "s error and one last shot to attack , even on the verge of the siren . Very demanding i st half for sure but gee , even a half chance to briefly pressure them could have turned into something worthwhile .
That's so true, just like the Cows and Tigpies game...it only took ONE second..lol.

Well after that absolute farce of 7 standing down.. I refused to watch... more so for fear we would get 60 or 70 put on us. Maybe I should not watch every week lol. I will watch the replay though over the next few days and I am looking forward to seeing some old fashioned Manly grit.
It's funny, that expression "it will either galvanise or break the team" truly applied this week & the Magnificent 17 who played last night displayed a passion I haven't seen much of lately.

It does make me wonder a hypothetical of how we would have gone this season without the Stand Down 7...

Probably should also include Bullemor for a decent rap also , pretty indifferent form for Black Town recently but thought he contributed well last night and really good involvement . Still learning but think that he can be in the regular starting 17 in future times . On a less positive note and based on last night again , no question that we are going to seriously miss Foz next season unless someone else can step up big time to replace him . one can only hope

It's funny, that expression "it will either galvanise or break the team" truly applied this week & the Magnificent 17 who played last night displayed a passion I haven't seen much of lately.

It does make me wonder a hypothetical of how we would have gone this season without the Stand Down 7...
Well if we are honest there are some high quality players there who would win a start in just about any side - Haumole, Tui, Aloiai and Koula is a budding star. I seriously think they have been led by someone and just made a bad mistake and equally handled it badly upping the ante by stepping down.

Maybe this:

After JWH finished his dribble, Zac just said "My grandfather's name is on that new stand, what about yours ?" and walked off.
Answer: no, I have a ridiculously pretentious surname, that can’t fit onto a nameboard atop a stand.

Not only is it a hopeless ‘all things to all men’ melding of a British name with a Polynesian one, we double down on the stupidity by forcing everyone to mispronounce ‘Hargreaves’.

Or words to that effect.

Last edited:

They played with the passion that was missing the previous week vs Saints. That's why I wonder if the disquiet among a few them was already beginning.

On a less positive note and based on last night again , no question that we are going to seriously miss Foz next season unless someone else can step up big time to replace him . one can only hope
Yeah, Foz was great. Again.

I know DCE is our captain, but Foz is a leader, always has been. To see him talking to the team before the game then going out there and ripping in, it's why I always loved him as a player. Don't want to flog a dead horse, but him not finishing his career at Manly is very hard to take.

Roosters enforced Jared Waerea-Hargreaves was one of three players charged by the Match Review Committee following his side's 20-10 win over the Sea Eagles on Thursday night.

Hargreaves was charged with a Grade One Dangerous Contact offence on Manly youngster Zac Fulton in the 62nd minute of the game, which will attract a $3,000 fine with an early guilty plea. As it is his third and subsequent offence this year, he will face a two-match ban if he unsuccessfully contests the charge at the judiciary.

Teammate Egan Butcher was also charged with a Grade Two High Tackle - Careless offence in the final minute of the game and will miss one week with an early plea.

Manly debutant Alfred Smalley was cited for the same offence following his tackle on Sam Verrills in the opening five minutes of the game, and he too will miss one week with an early guilty plea.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8