Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Round 20, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
10 4 Pines Park
28 Jul 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

It wasn't an easy game to watch that's for sure. Thank goodness that the roosters at full strength are only just a top 8 team these days or they could have been cleaning the blood from the grass for months.

Here's hoping that there is some other drama in the world of the nrl this coming weekend to turn the spotlight away from the 7 and they can be included in the next team sheet, a little humbler than they were at the start of the week.

It's been a rough one, but we will all grow a little from it.

That was a great effort, really impressed with all of the boys out there. Hit hard, gave it their all. That’s all I wanted and they delivered in spades.

Fulton is a new crowd favourite in the making. Old school, didn’t take a backward step and wanted to be in everything. Hits well. Very impressive.

I’d keep Smalley over Saab tbh, runs hard, a bit of speed. Tackle busting ability. Well done Biggy Smalley.

I dare the NRL

To bring this fellow to four pines park next Friday night.

FTM0SQ_UEAgLmxB.jpeg.jpg

Enjoyed that so much more than our weak capitulation against the Dragons. Biggest takeaway for me is that we did not get out-muscled in the forwards - far from it, in fact. Lacked a bit of sharpness and a bit of luck, but I hope they're all as PROUD of themselves as we are. Really pleased for the fringe first-graders - Bullemore, DeLuis, Boyle - who stepped up, and the up and comers who showed such guts and heart.

Exciting game with great effort by all players. All of our senior players stood up. Walker's first game at right centre in three years and he was very good. Bullemor & Paseka played like men possessed. IMO, Smalley is NRL standard. Will any of the seven lose their places in the side? Maybe.... depends on injuries to some extent.

Enjoyed that so much more than our weak capitulation against the Dragons. Biggest takeaway for me is that we did not get out-muscled in the forwards - far from it, in fact. Lacked a bit of sharpness and a bit of luck, but I hope they're all as PROUD of themselves as we are. Really pleased for the fringe first-graders - Bullemore, DeLuis, Boyle - who stepped up, and the up and comers who showed such guts and heart.
... with three backing up after missing a game with COVID too. It was an excellent effort. What was up with Tedesco? I'm sure I saw him pass the ball a couple of times...

Foran is King of Manly.

Well done Harper, DCE and Paseka who were strong. Jake’s defence was legendary and Zac Fulton looks like a first grader.
Love when Harper defends with some agro. He missed a cpl on Manu, but he was in his face all night. And loved how he came in and stuck up for the hit on Segeyaro. Yeah he got binned, but if I’m his team mate, I’m buying him the first beer.
Really proud of the boys. Went off my nut when Smalley went over!

Love when Harper defends with some agro. He missed a cpl on Manu, but he was in his face all night. And loved how he came in and stuck up for the hit on Segeyaro. Yeah he got binned, but if I’m his team mate, I’m buying him the first beer.
Really proud of the boys. Went off my nut when Smalley went over!
Yeah I was up and excited by the Smalley try too! Harper was thrilled for him.

The best thing about Harper’s game is he is competing again. It’s a personal battle out there. During his slump, he lost that. Good to see it back!

Staff online

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7