Game Day: Manly v Roosters [Round 19, 2018]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You really can't rationalise a beating like this, but without Walkz we were simply nuisance value.
I said pre-game I felt less confident winning with the Turbos and Dce running the show then had Walkz played.
The thing about certain players is it's hard to quantify there real value.
Walkz is one of those players.

So what is it about Walkz inclusion that brings a different dynamic I kept thinking?
Imo he has limited skill sets, who just seems to do his job.
I know around the players he is socially transparent to the point of annoying ? seems to kid around all the time.
I know he doesn't do a lot of video reviewing after games ? Rather surf walk his dog, hang with Alex plays video games.
I tried interviewing him about his game once, he politely fobbed me off said he had enough of footy for one week.
Although when Croker went down I did say there were unconfirmed rumours you could
play 6 ?.....he just laughed....I was guessing, but I'm sure he knew.
The conclusion I came to like his team mates probably have , see that his facade off the field belies his on field persona.
Players like him instil confidence and are not afraid to lose as long as they go down fighting.
Walkz is truly the enigmatic warrior with a big heart with that indomitable will to win.
He reminds me of John Henry a race horse from the eighties "people just didn't know why he kept winning"

John Henry (USA)

March 9, 1975 – October 8, 2007

Ole Bob Bowers (USA) x Once Double (USA), by Double Jay (USA)

Family 8-c

john-henry-workout.jpg

©Mike Sekulic. Used by permission of Mike Sekulic.
A small, cantankerous, plain bay gelding, John Henry was a horse no one wanted as a youngster. He remained a difficult and at times nasty customer to the end of his days but as a racer became legendary for both his indomitable will to win and his longevity. The oldest horse ever to earn American Horse of the Year honors since polling began in 1936, he continued his status as a living legend until his death at the Kentucky Horse Park at the age of 32.

Last edited:
^ I thought you were a roosters supporter. Aren't you bigOtrivia or something on twitter? I mean it's ok if you are. As far as other team's supporters on here you seem to just go with the flow.

Apologies if not.

^ I thought you were a roosters supporter. Aren't you bigOtrivia or something on twitter? I mean it's ok if you are. As far as other team's supporters on here you seem to just go with the flow.

Apologies if not.
Not a Roosters supporter and don't do Twitter and I don't get caught up with all the hysteria when we lose.
I am interested in what makes players tick.

Not a Roosters supporter and don't do Twitter and I don't get caught up with all the hysteria when we lose.
I am interested in what makes players tick.

Then please break glass and help yourself to aforementioned apology.

Glad I was travelling and missed this one. Sounds like an another absolute horror show to add to this season's many lowlights. I feel for those of you who had to watch it.

Still a relatively young squad but the necessary level of professionalism and sense of urgency yesterday was very sadly lacking . Not too sure why the lack of communication and especially in defence is so pronounced , and again why so many plays wasted on one off runs that just totally restricts any other attacking options . Only one set play that i could recall and resulting in a good try and only ad lib play giving other scoring opportunities .. Fair enough starting with a rookie 5 / 8 and D c E is doing better recently but again just seemingly no real variation to pressure the opposition. and a good completion rate and reasonable share of possession in the i st half did not help at all .The side still has the player ability level to do better and if the player and coaching input can allow it , somehow for the rest of the season to regain some respectability , just has to find a way to do better then their overall [ but with a few exceptions ] amateur team display yesterday . They owe it not only to themselves , supporters of course are what mainly make the club and they certainly deserve much better .

I was at the game, I went expecting nothing but a hammering (and we certainly got it), but I thought it would be good to go and give the team some support on what was certainly going to be a tough day.

The real bottom line is that there were only five spots on the field where we could meet Easts on something like equal terms (1, 7, 13, 8 & 10). Everywhere else we were conceding advantages of power, speed and experience, especially in the back line. Frankly our backs lack either power or speed, and were basically at the mercy of those big fast East men. It really was like watching men playing boys, or first grade playing reserves.

There were still small bits to like. Our ball control was very good - both teams had a completion rate around 90%, both very low error rate, we had plenty of ball it's just that we couldn't do much against their defence and they didn't get much inconvenienced by ours.

On what I saw this week and the last, even with our many deficiencies we are good odds to beat the Titans and the Dogs at home, and leave the wooden spoon to the Dogs. See you all there in a few to cheer on Manly in the Spoon Grand Final !

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8