Manly v Roosters [Round 16 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly v Roosters

driftout said:
It was good to see a half back (Mortimer) with ball skills putting players into gaps , something we don't see enough of these days in the NRL .

Mortimer > Pearce IMO.

Most important game of the year so far!

(and i will most likely miss it as i will be in the U.S.A)

bones said:
driftout said:
It was good to see a half back (Mortimer) with ball skills putting players into gaps , something we don't see enough of these days in the NRL .

Mortimer > Pearce IMO.

Did you also see Barba run straight by him to score for the Dogs? Strange that no-one mentioned it. Have a look at the replay. Mortimer doesn't even dive to try to tackle him.

Can I please draw all of your attention back to the first post of this thread, and get your opinion on this.

If you create the thread title, as I have modified this one, then your post will automatically be populated with the team logos, score, venue, etc.

Your thoughts on this?

I am thinking of adding the team logos etc to all the other pages of the thread in a box up the top.

Dan

P.S. @globaleagle see I do listen to some of your suggestions, if not the ones where you say "don't worry". Can't beat automation right?

driftout said:
I've never seen a team get such quick play the balls against the Bulldogs as the Roosters did last Friday. The Bulldogs normally slow the ruck down more than any other team including Melbourne in my opinion. This is why Hasler is always complaining about high total penalty counts in a match...it's in his interests to have low total penalty counts so the Bulldogs can get away with slowing the ruck , offside defence, markers splitting early and walking off the mark in the play the ball. They are obviously coached to dive (Hodkinson again went down like a sack of spuds last Friday when he was barely touched when kicking as he did against Manly , Pritchard threw himself to the ground after he felt a hand on his back which belonged to Ennis, and Romelo feigned injury after a legitimate tackle by SBW to get the video referee involved ). I couldn't belive that Barba kept saying in a post match interview that they didn't take the Roosters seriously because they were missing so many players. That just gives the Roosters ammunition for their next encounter and Hasler would be livid over that comment.

The go-forward of the Roosters was great but mainly a result of the speed of the play the balls . SKD , RTS and Minichiello contributed greatly with high quality hit-ups and returns. It was good to see a half back (Mortimer) with ball skills putting players into gaps , something we don't see enough of these days in the NRL .

Because, in all honesty, the Bulldogs aren't that good. Teams tend to overestimate their quality. They have been winning games recently because teams often end up shooting themselves in the foot. If they couldn't beat a Roosters team without their two starting halves, they won't win the comp. They are also due for some injuries to KEY players, surely?!

We gave them too much respect a few weeks ago and when we came to our senses, it was too late...

Dan said:
Can I please draw all of your attention back to the first post of this thread, and get your opinion on this.

If you create the thread title, as I have modified this one, then your post will automatically be populated with the team logos, score, venue, etc.

Your thoughts on this?

I am thinking of adding the team logos etc to all the other pages of the thread in a box up the top.

Dan

P.S. @globaleagle see I do listen to some of your suggestions, if not the ones where you say "don't worry". Can't beat automation right?

I like it.

Do we need it at the top of the page too?

The Who said:
bones said:
driftout said:

Mortimer > Pearce IMO.

Did you also see Barba run straight by him to score for the Dogs? Strange that no-one mentioned it. Have a look at the replay. Mortimer doesn't even dive to try to tackle him.

Yep. Saw that. Not the first player Barba has done that to and won't be the last. All I said was Mortimer is better than Pearce. That doesn't necessarily mean he is all that good.

Oops. I forgot to pack my #1 Snake jersey for the match:(. Luckily there's enough Manly jerseys in the family for me to appropriately dressed;). Looking at the Sydney night temps we may need to pull our Manly gear over snow suits.
I do like Frank's suggestion of Manly by 24. Any higher bidders?

Dan said:

I thought you seemed smarter recently...lol.

Not bad! Especially the automation part.

I get a bit spoiled with the canucks game day threads as there's a lot more comp user savvy and kids on the site who throw up big logos of each club, line ups, etc. That said, they almost race each other to do that which wouldn't happen here so I like what you've done.

@Dan

btw...my (and others) place in the tipping comp hasn't changed next to the little medal thingy.

globaleagle said:
Dan said:

I thought you seemed smarter recently...lol.

Not bad! Especially the automation part.

I get a bit spoiled with the canucks game day threads as there's a lot more comp user savvy and kids on the site who throw up big logos of each club, line ups, etc. That said, they almost race each other to do that which wouldn't happen here so I like what you've done.

@Dan

btw...my (and others) place in the tipping comp hasn't changed next to the little medal thingy.

It has now :)

That came after the PM part in the code, and the PM part was failing because it could not open the log file.

Now that that is fixed and I reprocessed it was able to complete the action

Some great matchups looming:

$SBW vs Choc
Jarred W Hargreaves vs B Lawrence:
Pearce vs DCE
Maloney vs Foz
Jennings vs Matai
SkyDsy vs Killer
Minnie vs Snake

Choc can just focus on defence - cut down his time
Brenton will run around JWH
Even between the halves
Stevie needs to come up with a big legal hit early.
Kenny Dowel will not have the sophistication required.
Minnie vs Snake: worth the price of admission - will be v interesting

Team Named

Peta Hiku
Jorge Taufua
Jamie Lyon (C)
Steve Matai
David Williams
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Brenton Lawrence
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough
Justin Horo
Glenn Stewart

Jamie Buhrer
Tom Symonds
James Hasson
George Rose

Still no Snake

I should point out that I have heard whispers for a while now that his injury is not progressing well at all.

Ralphie said:
Still no Snake

I should point out that I have heard whispers for a while now that his injury is not progressing well at all.

You refer to his Back, his hamstring, or knee(s) ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7