Manly v Roosters [Round 16 2013] Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Manly v Roosters

vidmar said:
niccipops said:
Are you guys going and if so, where are you sitting?
It won't be a sell out and you'll be OK for tickets - I'll post on here as and when I hear any details and if you are staying on the beaches we'll be looking at running a supporters bus to the game.

Pre-game most people heads to the Entertainment quarter (plenty of parking and a short walk to ground) with the Fox and Lion and Bavarian bier café both being popular venues (And both family friendly)
Thanks Vid. We're actually not staying on the beaches. Staying on Pitt Street of all places. I have childhood memories of my Dad's constant references to Pitt Street anytime we went anywhere busy.
The ground should be easy to get to from where we'll be.
We definitely want to be sitting amongst Manly supporters and hopefully cheering on an upset win.

niccipops said:
vidmar said:
niccipops said:
Are you guys going and if so, where are you sitting?
It won't be a sell out and you'll be OK for tickets - I'll post on here as and when I hear any details and if you are staying on the beaches we'll be looking at running a supporters bus to the game.

Pre-game most people heads to the Entertainment quarter (plenty of parking and a short walk to ground) with the Fox and Lion and Bavarian bier café both being popular venues (And both family friendly)
Thanks Vid. We're actually not staying on the beaches. Staying on Pitt Street of all places. I have childhood memories of my Dad's constant references to Pitt Street anytime we went anywhere busy.
The ground should be easy to get to from where we'll be.
We definitely want to be sitting amongst Manly supporters and hopefully cheering on an upset win.

Ah Pitt Street. I have vague memories of the late 1970's at Pitt Street Gardens, having been to the York Street Lantern for a feed first. The last bus to the beaches left at 12.50am..........good times I'm told.

Niccipops, the Manly Bays are 36-37.
Any row higher that FF will get you undercover for yet another Monday Night Game in Winter :mad:

The Special Event Buses from Eddy Avenue take you miles away from the Eastern Gates.
So take any Bus up from St James or Museum that goes to Bondi via Oxford Street.
You get off at Paddington Town Hall and walk across Oxford Street to Oatley Road A short walk down the hill, and you cross to the right at Moore Park Road for the Eastern Stand Entry.

Any Newsagent or 7/ 11 will sell the MyBus 2 tickets as most CBD Buses are all prepaid 7am-7pm during the week.

Bring your winning cheers as Manly need to lift big time :angel:

The Who said:
Most attack these days is a bomb to the wing, so unless you are tall and can jump high it's very difficult to be an NRL winger.
Even the greatest winger in Australian RL history, Ken Irvine, wouldn't get a game these days. We'll see more Edrick Lee type wingers... until the NRL decides the game has become boring and changes the rules.
They are taking the enforces out of the game with bans on the shoulder charge, the punch etc.
. . . and avoiding the more damaging, insidious and least pretty aspects of the tackling: grapple tackle and the 'prowler' tackle - designed to ruin a defenceless player's knee joints, ankles or back.

bones said:
Only twice all year has the opposition scored more tries than us in a match. Souths did, and the Roosters scored a very luck try from a kick on the bell to out-score by us two tries to one. Every other match we have equalled or outscored the opposition in tries. Things are nowhere near the doom and gloom some people would have you believe. IMO, Brett Stewart is still our most important player, and to still be in 4th place after having him out for 7-8 weeks is a good effort. I'm confident that Manly will start climbing the ladder once he returns.

Too right bones. We are just a string of wins away from doing something special this year. If we can remain injury/suspension free when Snake and Fa'aoso return then I'm confident that we can finish the season stronger than any other team.

HappilyManly said:
Niccipops, the Manly Bays are 36-37.
Any row higher that FF will get you undercover for yet another Monday Night Game in Winter :mad:

The Special Event Buses from Eddy Avenue take you miles away from the Eastern Gates.
So take any Bus up from St James or Museum that goes to Bondi via Oxford Street.
You get off at Paddington Town Hall and walk across Oxford Street to Oatley Road A short walk down the hill, and you cross to the right at Moore Park Road for the Eastern Stand Entry.

Any Newsagent or 7/ 11 will sell the MyBus 2 tickets as most CBD Buses are all prepaid 7am-7pm during the week.

Bring your winning cheers as Manly need to lift big time :angel:
Cheers HM. Awesome travel tips. Hope the boys do us proud.

Pittwater Legend said:
bones said:
Only twice all year has the opposition scored more tries than us in a match. Souths did, and the Roosters scored a very luck try from a kick on the bell to out-score by us two tries to one. Every other match we have equalled or outscored the opposition in tries. Things are nowhere near the doom and gloom some people would have you believe. IMO, Brett Stewart is still our most important player, and to still be in 4th place after having him out for 7-8 weeks is a good effort. I'm confident that Manly will start climbing the ladder once he returns.

Too right bones. We are just a string of wins away from doing something special this year. If we can remain injury/suspension free when Snake and Fa'aoso return then I'm confident that we can finish the season stronger than any other team.

Manly's win/loss ratio with Snake in, and Snake out of the team speaks for itself.

bones said:

mate well said as always. If we had the bounce of the ball a few more times this year we would be on top.

Details of a member special offer on ticket prices and the supporter’s bus will be in the “Inside Swoop” email this week. Also, as it will be school holidays kids under 16 will get free General Admission.

vidmar said:
Details of a member special offer on ticket prices and the supporter’s bus will be in the “Inside Swoop” email this week. Also, as it will be school holidays kids under 16 will get free General Admission.
Will check the mail. My kids and I have been practising our long distance spitting in preparation for the match. :D Kidding of course :angel: Go Manly.

niccipops said:
vidmar said:
Will check the mail. My kids and I have been practising our long distance spitting in preparation for the match. :D Kidding of course :angel: Go Manly.

It's Vidmar's inside scoop about the inside swoop!

And (shocking) Miss Nicci, just bring those chips to go with the cooked chook!

(wow, I almost typed fries! - Damn Canada ;) )

Last Night, despite having 3 star players out for SOO, thought the Roosters form looks very good.

Mortimer stood up, and so did SBW. 'Skydsy' also looked pretty good, as did Minnie. look at that try they scored down the right edge. Dogs were confined to playing desperate catch up football, towards the end of the match and the roosters sliding defence was too much for them for long stretches of the game. TRex was hopeless.

Their Straight ahead attack looks way better than ours.

My point: MWSE will have to be at their very best to win this one on their home turf. Even if Snake returns for this match, he's bound to have a few cobwebs.

Summary: the odds will favour Roosters. Their 3 stars will have ample time to recover from SOO. Roosters by 10. Sorry.

How can we win this?

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Last Night, despite having 3 star players out for SOO, thought the Roosters form looks very good.

Mortimer stood up, and so did SBW. 'Skydsy' also looked pretty good, as did Minnie. look at that try they scored down the right edge. Dogs were confined to playing desperate catch up football, towards the end of the match and the roosters sliding defence was too much for them for long stretches of the game. TRex was hopeless.

Their Straight ahead attack looks way better than ours.

My point: MWSE will have to be at their very best to win this one on their home turf. Even if Snake returns for this match, he's bound to have a few cobwebs.

Summary: the odds will favour Roosters. Their 3 stars will have ample time to recover from SOO. Roosters by 10. Sorry.

How can we win this?
We are the Mighty Sea eagles and on our day we can beat any team !!!

Maybe the referee stuff ups will finally favour us for a change. That's what everyone says will happen when we complain about poor decisions.

What's with all the negativity, we'll be all over these guys Monday week.

Anyone who thinks Manly will struggle here is expecting an 8th place finish at years end. No way, this team has a ton of skill and after the bye will be fresh and ready to fire.

I admit, the Roosters have a strong skill level but a fresh Manly has this in the bag - on the way to a top 4 finish.

NYEagle

Fingers crossed what you are saying is true. We definitely will be fresh so no excuses. We have some bad injuries that is making it hard against the top teams.

NYEagle said:
What's with all the negativity, we'll be all over these guys Monday week.

Anyone who thinks Manly will struggle here is expecting an 8th place finish at years end. No way, this team has a ton of skill and after the bye will be fresh and ready to fire.

I admit, the Roosters have a strong skill level but a fresh Manly has this in the bag - on the way to a top 4 finish.

NYEagle

I was being sarcastic mate. Manly won that game in 2011 ;)

I've never seen a team get such quick play the balls against the Bulldogs as the Roosters did last Friday. The Bulldogs normally slow the ruck down more than any other team including Melbourne in my opinion. This is why Hasler is always complaining about high total penalty counts in a match...it's in his interests to have low total penalty counts so the Bulldogs can get away with slowing the ruck , offside defence, markers splitting early and walking off the mark in the play the ball. They are obviously coached to dive (Hodkinson again went down like a sack of spuds last Friday when he was barely touched when kicking as he did against Manly , Pritchard threw himself to the ground after he felt a hand on his back which belonged to Ennis, and Romelo feigned injury after a legitimate tackle by SBW to get the video referee involved ). I couldn't belive that Barba kept saying in a post match interview that they didn't take the Roosters seriously because they were missing so many players. That just gives the Roosters ammunition for their next encounter and Hasler would be livid over that comment.

The go-forward of the Roosters was great but mainly a result of the speed of the play the balls . SKD , RTS and Minichiello contributed greatly with high quality hit-ups and returns. It was good to see a half back (Mortimer) with ball skills putting players into gaps , something we don't see enough of these days in the NRL .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6