Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Finals Week 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
42 BB Print Stadium
17 Sep 2021 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Still stoked with the win , got on top early and made the most of their opportunities , watching it live , just can 't understate Turbo 's master class performance . Never really let the Roosters into the game even though they were down on form and troops , just a strong and committed team effort all round . Created good momentum , some smart attacking plays , defence on the whole pretty solid . Good move starting with Keppie , D C E "s kicking game was good and really good captain "s knock , a couple of handling lapses by Schuster but he still worked hard for the 80 and tried hard , just to take note of the only Rooster"s try. seemed to have their attackers covered but just a bit slow to readjust their numbers there . Olokau - atu and Jake , Foz excelent , Croker , an important part of the side "s make up now . Great team performance all round , loved Saab 's runaway try towards the end . Going to be a step up in playing level against the Bunnies but if Manly can take that confidence level and form from last night to the contest , can be in with a great shot of getting to G F

Forgot to give Walker a wrap , has got his very effective role coming on as a 13 or loose ruck forward down pat now . Good against the Storm of course , real good again last night

He was saying that you forgot to do this. He was a bit upset tbh.

Was at the game.

Roosters were dreadful so have to take that thumping for what it was.

Sutton was absolutely pathetic in the way he officiated that game. He tried his hardest to give the Roosters a chance.
Allowing the Roosters consistently longer time to lay on us in the ruck. And then pinging us for 6 agains if we held down in the ruck.
Very skinny 10m also when it suited him.
It was being spoken about amongst the crowd over and over again from a very mixed supporter group.
Not sure how it came across on TV but that’s how it was on ground.

We definitely played with more intent this week but still have improvement and will need it again to play Rabbits who were much better against south’s.

Cmon boys. Fire up again next week.

Well...I had a look at the eels forum and they were aghast at how much the ref helping out Manly.

Aghast!!

I have to laugh at Fox League. After Turbo went off, the changes to the side were Reubs to fullback, Walks to left centre and Parker to the wing. The commentators completely missed it, claiming Walker was at fullback, and that's how they even reported it on their website.
Meanwhile over on nein, Warren spent the last few minutes talking about manly taking wests and Souths players in the 70s. But he seemed to only recall dorahy’s name and drifted off before finishing his sentence. He has got nothing these days.

Did someone say…
594391D8-D69F-479E-B40E-45FDFFB1374F.jpeg

I have explained why I disagree with a utility being used in the prop rotation enough times that you should have caught on already buddy. If our forwards are dominating, it works. if they are not, it doesn't help as dominate. If your forwards don't dominate...you lose. A utility in the prop rotation will never change that. Also, as I have said several times, my problem with it was not about it being Walker, just the tactic. There are some guys here with very poor reading/comprehension skills, only seeing the parts they want to.
If we get dominated in the forwards next week and a utility is used in the prop rotation and we lose because we were dominated up front..were my doubts vindicated? No of course not, I was still being ridiculous and blind.

A question for all the lovers of the tactic...would Keppie coming on at the 20 min mark instead of Walker last week have helped?
If we are losing the forward battle next week and a utility comes on in the prop rotation after 20 minutes we will probably lose the game...same if we make the GF. Would that be the only reason why we lose...probably not, but it would be 1 of the reasons why.
I see your point.

Surely the question & solution is regarding order of middle rotation - rather than selection of Walker, then?

I.e bring Taupau and Paseka on at 20, look for them to change momentum, then bring dylan on at 25-30?

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 42
Roosters: 6

241503981_10159347732220993_6238266596304601833_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:
Sea Eagles press conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile over on nein, Warren spent the last few minutes talking about manly taking wests and Souths players in the 70s. But he seemed to only recall dorahy’s name and drifted off before finishing his sentence. He has got nothing these days.
Never forget that Warren supports the Whinging worms and he is never going to say many nice things about us and commenting on events of 40 years ago is so pathetic. Move on Rabbits!

I watched it again. Haumole shut down standard bun Chrichton all game. It has to be chretin’s worst game of the year.

Also brad does the same job on Tupinua over and over again every time he ran wide. Good job fellas. Great physicality.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8