Post-Game Discussion Manly v Roosters [Finals Week 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Roosters
42 BB Print Stadium
17 Sep 2021 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Thought Dessie was a bit arrogant in the press conference. What's goin on with the hair ? Sure some dumb questions but hey ther're sports journos.

He has had some.weird press conferences in the past but that one was up there. Obviously didn't want to entertain or talk about where we were in rd 4 vs now. The boys haven't achieved anything yet and Des doesn't want them thinking any different.

So good to see a strong reaction tonight and to see some genuine controlled aggression with and without the balls was great.

We beat a busted team tonight and you must give the Roosters credit for the adversity they have overcome every week.

Manly imposed themselves from the get go and the game was in our hands from about the 15th minute of the match.

Outstanding effort from Keppie at the start who really got us on the front foot and created space for our weapons in DCE and Tom who took full advantage of the go forward created.

Our defence remains a concern especially on our edge. We got opened up a few times a bit too easy and to concede only 1 try was a good effort in the circumstances. Our right side needs to get better as Souths biggest weapon is their left side attack.

I liked what we did in the 2nd half, held our line, frustrated the chooks and took our chances when they came.

The value that Dylan Walker gives us off the bench is really telling. He was involved in some telling plays and was a good foil for Foran and DCE during the match.

Croker did his job defensively around the ruck and good service from dummy half helped the momentum and you saw the difference from last week.

What the team has achieved so far this season is phenomenal! To be a chance now of making a grand final is so fantastic and the blend of youth and experience is so exciting to watch.

We were fortunate that we could rest our guns in the last 15 minutes or so and that keeps them fresh for bigger battles to come.

Anything we achieve now is a bonus in my book, we will be underdogs next week as Souths have the week off and are playing very good footy. I believe we can really damage them if we do our basics well.

Great result tonight and winning a final is so good for our young players! Bring on next week!

Silenced Anasta that win..

A good win, DCE had a good all round game along with Turbo and Keppie..

The big men all should be fresh and firing next week, like to see Tent get more minutes. We have the pack to win the middle against the Rabbits.

Des has been cutting the press conferences short the last few weeks, doesn’t want to give anything away..

I’m glad Des listened to me to start Keppie over Taupau. Quicker play the balls and tackles that stick. Marty is also more energetic against a tiring opposition. Good bounce back by our guys but you have to admit the Roosters are no Storm or Souths. They were terrible.
Our defence out wide on both sides Is concerning. Why do centre’s always get sucked in by the short ball and miss the man sweeping out back all the time?

I said it, being embarassed by Scum last week was just a new test of character that we are no stranger to. And we took that loss personally, we stayed focused and on task (heard Des wasn't allowing the boys have interviews at triple M, jason saab wasn't video game streaming, and no reports of the boys vaping lol) and we looked hungrier and as fired up as ever.

That Melbourne loss not only gave us that revenge instinct but also put us on a favourable side of the finals, so we gotta take advantage and keep fighting. Bring on the Rabbitohs, going to be a very exciting week and just take it in manly fans: WE ARE IN A PRELIM, WE ARE ONE WIN AWAY FROM A GF, 8 LONG YEARS SINCE!!! This is our new manly era, we are living in it, and it's fun as hell, let's enjoy the ride!!!

Thought Dessie was a bit arrogant in the press conference. What's goin on with the hair ? Sure some dumb questions but hey ther're sports journos.
Not to be disrespectful at all - but i think he’s just a tad on the spectrum with this stuff

He was probably extra precautious to stay away from anything that will beat up the media leading into a Bennett Souths prelim... considering it looks like some of the players may (or may not) have believed some of their own press prior to the storm game... and giving anything to the media to question Wayne about pre-game gives bunnies the upper hand (Wayne plays the media like no other)

If @40 years an eagle doesn’t see how good Walker is off the bench im not sure what will, unless he morphs into Tommy T
I have explained why I disagree with a utility being used in the prop rotation enough times that you should have caught on already buddy. If our forwards are dominating, it works. if they are not, it doesn't help as dominate. If your forwards don't dominate...you lose. A utility in the prop rotation will never change that. Also, as I have said several times, my problem with it was not about it being Walker, just the tactic. There are some guys here with very poor reading/comprehension skills, only seeing the parts they want to.
If we get dominated in the forwards next week and a utility is used in the prop rotation and we lose because we were dominated up front..were my doubts vindicated? No of course not, I was still being ridiculous and blind.

A question for all the lovers of the tactic...would Keppie coming on at the 20 min mark instead of Walker last week have helped?
If we are losing the forward battle next week and a utility comes on in the prop rotation after 20 minutes we will probably lose the game...same if we make the GF. Would that be the only reason why we lose...probably not, but it would be 1 of the reasons why.

Last edited:
woo-hoo!

I did wake up at 2.40am, 10 mins before the game started here but thought... maybe sorta kinda...nope, I'll watch it later in the morning.

Well done Manly!

Great to watch.

S'funny... if this was in the season proper, most of us would think we'd have them by 20 points with all their injuries and how well we're playing. And don't listen to storm trolls in sea eagle clothing.

But elimination finals does strange things to the ol brain and most were worried about the potential close game.

I hope the players who have just won their first finals match enjoy it...

then 10 mins later Des has them all thinking about Souths. They will be tougher and Bennett is a wily bugger so knuckle down.

Very happy to have the team here. Very!

Not sure if already mentioned but it's the biggest finals turn around in the nrl history.

nrl.com

The Sea Eagles' 36-point winning margin though, just seven days after a 28-point thrashing, has now made for the largest finals turnaround in rugby league history.

I noticed with all the talk about blocking kick chasers...JWH was still allowed to run into Manly chasers a lot last night with no penalty.

Also Braiff can act shocked all he wants but penalty for late tackle on turbo was spot on. Knob saw tom had passed and lined him up for a late hit.

Last edited:
Speed kills!

Speed kills.jpg

I noticed with all the talk about blocking kick chasers...JWH was still allowed to run into Manly chasers a lot last night with no penalty.

Also Braiff can act shocked all he wants but penalty for late tackle on turbo was spot on. Knob saw tom had passed and lined him up for a late hit.
I did like Dan Inane’s comment ‘ Tom treated Walker (Sam), like road kill 😂

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14