Pre-Game Manly v Roosters [Finals Week 2, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

42 6
BB Print Stadium
17 Sep 2021 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Roosters [Finals Week 2, 2021]

MATCH DAY

Friday 17th September 2021

Venue:
.... BB Print Stadium, Mackay

Gates Open:....TBA.

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Sea Eagles vs Sydney Roosters - 7:50pm.

TICKETING

Click here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
16. Sean Keppie
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

10. Martin Taupau
14. Dylan Walker
15. Karl Lawton
17. Taniela Paseka

Reserves:
19. Moses Suli

Out:
20. Curtis Sironen
21. Tevita Funa

Available But Not Selected:
  • Kurt De Luis
  • Jack Gosiewski
  • Cade Cust
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Zac Saddler
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Tolutau Koula
  • Christian Tuipulotu
  • Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
  • Kaeo Weekes - Development Player.

Here is the Latest NRL Injured or Unavailable Update:
(Updated: Saturday, 11 September 2021)

• Morgan Boyle (Shoulder, Next Season)
  • Andrew Davey (Knee, Next Season)
  • Manase Fainu (Stood down, Indefinite)

BWSE Injured or Unavailable:
  • Sione Fainu - Development Player (Lisfranc Operation, TBA)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please let Croker be fit.

Don't think we will beat the roosters next week but having Croker back does help massively in terms of team dynamics.

NRL.com

Sat 11 Sep 2021, 10:17 AM

Manly forward Josh Schuster is facing a fine after being charged with a dangerous throw on Melbourne halfback Jahrome Hughes.

Schuster was charged over the tackle in the 55th minute of Friday night's qualifying loss.

He will receive a $1150 fine with a guilty plea or risk a $1500 fine if he challenges the charge at the judiciary and loses.

There were no other charges from Friday night's match.

NRL.com

Sat 11 Sep 2021, 10:17 AM

Manly forward Josh Schuster is facing a fine after being charged with a dangerous throw on Melbourne halfback Jahrome Hughes.

Schuster was charged over the tackle in the 55th minute of Friday night's qualifying loss.

He will receive a $1150 fine with a guilty plea or risk a $1500 fine if he challenges the charge at the judiciary and loses.

There were no other charges from Friday night's match.
And they worked the free interchange rule when Hughes went off, then came back on 2 mins later, rort, needs to be sorted for next year, if you go off, stay off for min 15mins

What I keep getting reminded of is 2014 when we got embarrassed in the qualifier against Rabbits and then got affected by that to play poorly against dogs, manage a comeback, and force into Golden point but still go out in straight sets.

I really hope it's different this time around. We've gone through the adversity of an 0-4 start and fought back courageously after that, I really hope we got another fightback in us, it's gonna have to be our biggest one.

I'm extremely proud of what we've done this season but I had expectations of prelim final minimum after what we did in the regular season and it'll just take off that little bit of emotion if we do go out in straight sets. But I know we got it in us to bounce back.

We will struggle.
Roosters won't play that poor again, and if so will get help from someone like Adam Gee or Sutton

Manly will be better next week
They got punished by a very good side that was allowed to play the game they like and Manly contributed to it with their errors , Melb ended up playing with over 60% possession and a 9 -4 penalty count not many teams would beat Melb playing against those stats
The Roosters are no Melb
Manly had a few players playing their first pressure finals game against arguably the best team in the comp
They will be better for it and I think Manly will get the Roosters next week Des will get them back on track

I think the Roosters looked vulnerable on the edges, they won't shuffle like the Storm did. I can see us scoring plenty.

It's going to come down to discipline, they turned over a lot of ball as we did last night. They'll be a different proposition next week, Radley will be over all DCE and Foz trying to take Turbo out of the game like Storm did.

Where's @Roger_Ramjet ? We need to hear whether an Easts supporter thinks they're a chance next weekend. Surely this match has to be a 50:50 shot for both sides (as in neither have been playing consistently well of late).

Roosters are vulnerable but we are going to have to start fast!!!

We won't get any help from the ref.

Roosters will lift so should we.

Close game I reckon after seeing easts play tonight.

Let’s hope they don’t play that poor again
Look I think it’ll go one of two ways but not down the middle.

1) they will be mentally shattered from that loss and the moment the Roosters score a couple their heads will go down and they’ll get walloped.

2) they’ll lift as they’d be so embarrassed over that insipid performance and will blow the Roosters off the park.

I don’t see it like the game we’ve just seen being 25/24.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4