Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
What a game we have struggled to win home games for a while now and nearly lost that one
But in the end we got the chocolates
Cherry and Uate nearly blew it but Cherry took control and got the job done
GO Manly

Great win boys ... To the negative nancys that post , always remember never give up on the mighty seaeagles. Its quite funny, and i know its an opinion site , but there is a couple that don't give us much of a chance even against the lower sides and jump back on the bandwagon when we win . It might not be us this year, but it might. Just remember that and be optimistic. Cheers.

I really thought Canberra would get us today I was one of those not giving us much chance..I was happy to be proved wrong, man that game was not good for our health. On to next week and the knights.

It was on at 6am, i failed to heed my alarm and didnt get up for the game, was hoping it would be processed on Livestream, but apparently not so havent watched it yet. If anyone has a link to a recording of it I will possibly have your baby

I think a lot of people are missing the awesome display from Canberra today in the second half. Absolutely perfect, not once did they lie in the tackle, leave early and were off side or any other indiscretion.

We should be happy to get a win against a team who were perfect for 40 minutes.

It was on at 6am, i failed to heed my alarm and didnt get up for the game, was hoping it would be processed on Livestream, but apparently not so havent watched it yet. If anyone has a link to a recording of it I will possibly have your baby

most games are on youtube a day or 2 later

most games are on youtube a day or 2 later
noe thats a delayed game! I am sadly going to have to live that reality, otherwise may have to hit the torrent sites

"We can use it as motivation that no one gave us hope, and probably still don't. I think there are a lot of people still waiting for us to fall over, but I can't control that.

"What I can control is how they prepare, they train hard each day and they're good blokes. They enjoy being around each other so it's pretty easy to coach them when they turn up each day wanting to work hard for each other.

Great words by Barrett.

Was at Brookie this afternoon and when I got home I watched the game I had recorded live on Fox....!! (Could not find myself in the crowd, will watch again though to try and see if I missed me anywhere... lol..)

Was really unsure how we would go today and so I am just stoked that we got the win, really well done boys.

Although Green's defence definitely needs work.

Feel sorry for Tafua, he was pretty much on one leg after he went down in that twisting/dirty tackle from Soliola and Clydsdale at around the 65th minute mark. I wonder though if he had been taken off straight after that could further injury have been avoided? Anyway, it has happened now and I wish him the very best for his recovery from whatever he incurred, (most probably an ACL).

The penalty towards the end of the game awarded to Croker was totally BS and just beggars belief. It happened right in front of me and it looked like Croker was trying to get an offload away. And Chez and co, were trying to hold down his arms so he could not do this. I was also thinking please boys hang on to him, he is trying to pass. I also did not hear held etc by any officials. And honestly there was a lot of hanging onto the ball players in tackles that were worse than this, that had not been penalised previously.

It was a great team effort to get the win in the end and we were certainly up against it big time in the second half.

Go the Eagles....!!

Watched the game on the app in my little QLD country town. Did lots of celebrating in the first half and then lots of melt downs and heart attacks in the second - then there was that moment of blissful winning relief when Cherry popped the field goal.
A pretty fun ride so far this year.
We're being tested a bit with a few injuries. Bad luck Jorge.
Go Manly!

I seem to recall some criticising Api for missed tackles , I could be wrong though . I saw him miss a couple after dismantling their forward pack and this will always happen with his style , I'm sure the coach can see the big picture though .

From what I've seen, it's never really Api's defence that is criticised. He does his job, even the best miss a tackle here and there. The issue has always been his passing - he can be good for periods in that respect, but once fatigue sets in it can drop off badly, and then guys are copping slow, looping passes around their heads, or their knees, or way off target.

Hastings pass was just a pass and that's all . Some of DCE'S passes and kicks were sublime.

I watched the game at a pub and couldn't hear the sound but to see Api dismantle a forward or two of theirs in the opening exchanges was just amazing . I can't recall anything quite like the tackle on Boyd before.
Api's GF win with the Bunnies had the same effect when he went off for a while , his team lacked cohesion . Api doesn't look anything like the reserve grader I'm told he is by the forum experts . More like a future rep player .

The players best positioned to stop the two Rapana tries were Api ( ironically ) and AFB . Rapana is too hard to tackle for off balance or stretched defenders one on one . No criticism of either player but if they had moved earlier to help the tries were stoppable .

Matai used to get beaten in defence a fair bit but others just moved in to help .

Funny how prominent Uate was early in the season compared to now but it is great with this team how many different players can star in different games.
Api had gone off when the second Rapana try was scored. It was Jake T who he went through but that's a result of fatigue from playing two matches in 4 days; they reckon the longer you take to back up the worse it gets too...better off playing the next day then a few days later.

to see Api dismantle a forward or two of theirs in the opening exchanges was just amazing . I can't recall anything quite like the tackle on Boyd before.

Yes but the most amazing thing about that tackle was Api hit boyd just above the knee, which somehow affected boyd's head so that he got a free interchange and got his knee strapped up at the same time as doing his HIA?? (Hey ricky I think that is sort of cheating).

Api was the one who could have come across in cover to clean up after the Green miss , which was always going to happen and AFB needed to move earlier to help Jake .

Not a criticism at all I just think it is deceptive to concentrate solely on the missed tackle and not the bloke who could have helped .

Only way to stop Rapana at times is to get numbers on him he is too good one on one.
Rapana is such an incredible athlete. Absolute grub at time but gee he is a special player. Wasted on the wing at the Faders for mine. He could be a pretty good fullback with his running.

Hard to see what he's lacking to be an amazing fullback . He almost won the game today by himself . I was going to say on here that I thought he could have been given Man of the Match but couldn't be bothered dealing with someone telling me I was clueless , then I read DCE saying the same thing .
Made 250+ metres, half a dozen tackle breaks, 2 great tries and set up the only other try that they scored. Can't be sure how he'd go with his game management & defense at the back which I'd argue is more important than their offense. But surely he's better than Wighton. Perfectly happy with our current wingers who do a great job for us but I wouldn't mind Rapana in the maroon and white.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10