Game Day: Manly v Raiders [Round 13, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I remember Wighton copping big wraps from commentators a few years back and them saying that he had SOO written all over him.

I've kept an eye on him ever since but I just keep seeing a pretty decent 1st grader .

Compared to Tedesco and Turbo I can't see him within a mile of them but we will see!
Back then he was playing as a centre or a winger which he did do well in - shows that the transition to fullback is damn hard. He's still good but I wouldn't be happy having him as our first choice fullback.

Last edited:
Plenty getting stuck into his tackling as well , too many missed tackles they were saying. Doesn't tell the story at all , just ask Boyd . Every big forward in the comp saw that tackle. To charge out like that and cause such mayhem is something else. I've been at Brookie to see Toovey upending Meninga and never believed I would witness anything better. That's the best tackle I've ever seen from a little bloke .
Saw the fatigue set in today and they hooked him. Players who throw long accurate passes are in plague proportions , all grades , union and touch footy . There is only one Api and I am glad we have him.

Glad we have him too, don't get me wrong. I just think that they wait too long to rest him once the passing goes loopy - and I'd like to see how the Hastings/Koroisau rotation would work in reverse (ie Hastings starts, Api gets to run at tired guys a bit more). His passing deficiencies can get shown up badly against teams with very fast line speed in defence (or the refs only keeping them back 6m, a la Melbourne), I'd like to see how we'd go with a crisper dummy half in those games especially.

Just reading the game day thread in The Greenhouse.

That lot are worse than Stuart, seriously. Just about every one of them thinks that any penalty the Raiders give away is the refs screwing them over LOL.

Just reading the game day thread in The Greenhouse.

That lot are worse than Stuart, seriously. Just about every one of them thinks that any penalty the Raiders give away is the refs screwing them over LOL.
Smart play by sticky, it will never be his fault. He has done well.

Glad we have him too, don't get me wrong. I just think that they wait too long to rest him once the passing goes loopy - and I'd like to see how the Hastings/Koroisau rotation would work in reverse (ie Hastings starts, Api gets to run at tired guys a bit more). His passing deficiencies can get shown up badly against teams with very fast line speed in defence (or the refs only keeping them back 6m, a la Melbourne), I'd like to see how we'd go with a crisper dummy half in those games especially.

I too would like to see this. Api is great against broken play and would be in a better position to exploit it against tired defence. He is being wasted fresh against fresh opposition imo.

If it doesn't work - probably due to defensive load then find someone who can tackle and distribute well early on, they can take Browns spot in the 17.

By the sounds of it we will see something different this week as Api can't return in within 5 days after the head knock I believe, NRL rule.

Still not processed and still no way to watch it :(

Aw that's so sad
giphy.gif

Manly utility Jackson Hastings pays his respect to people of England in wake of London terror attacks
Paul Crawley, NRL, The Daily Telegraph
43 minutes ago

IT was a simple message from one NRL player to family, friends and strangers hurting on the other side of the world.

Jackson Hastings says he never intended for this to be a big deal.

“It was just my sign of respect,” the 21-year-old Manly utility told The Daily Telegraph, after we spotted the words “London” and Nan” written on Hastings’ wrist tape during Sunday’s clash against Canberra.

5ec7667e961ee10a1cb0c4259fbd8d63

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/8508ab95ca65637f381dcfe697bd2cbb

Yes but its been stuck on "processing" along with all games from the weekend, that used to take about an hour or two, looks like someone forgot to press a button
found a link the non-legal route, the NRL has reduced me to a common criminal

First rule of being a criminal Dan, never make any admissions. Especially don't publish them on the Internet
giphy.gif

Funnily enough the game bcame available on livestream like 5 minutes after me posting that it wasnt haha

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10