Game Day: Manly v Rabbids [Round 4, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Now if we just drop Jorge, Parker, Elgey and Elliott next week we should be just fine. Absolute ****, cost us an easy win by 30+. And put Kapow on the chopping block. Can’t hold the ball, too many turnovers. Oh ****e, I’m following the game thread narrative! But seriously, for everyone that stuck a dagger in their hearts, throw up 5 alternatives then hang your head in shame. They deserve a hell of a lot better from their fans.

52f9a3c1-62b2-4e46-aca8-ab7192fe2819-original.jpg

What a fantastic win. So great to hear the crowd get behind the boys at Brookie. Cherry's kick was so sweet. The hill Eagle Rocking. Some monster efforts across the park. Plenty of mistakes still but commitment and belief that was nowhere to be seen last year.
Pity about poor Tommy he adds so much to the team. We'll have to learn to win without him.
Thank you Manly!

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...2/news-story/16728aa24a5c1438dd62438ba2bea44a

DAILYTELEGRAPH ›
Tom Trbojevic injured as Daly Cherry-Evans field goal helps Manly upset Rabbitohs 13-12
APRIL 06, 2019

Daly Cherry-Evans did not see his match winning field goal in golden point but knew it went over after hitting it sweetly to deliver Manly an upset 13-12 win against South Sydney.

The Sea Eagles victory was soured by a recurrence of the hamstring injury to fullback Tom Trbojevic which is set to sideline him long term. Trbojevic, who missed the first two games of the season with a hamstring injury, limped from the field with his first touch of the second half after pulling up untouched on a kick return.

His brother Jake said it “did not look good” for Trbojevic after re-injuring his left hamstring.

“It’s never good when they stop and get injured like that,” Jake said.

While Trbojevic’s injury may cruel his Origin hopes, the Sea Eagles showed great resolve to win back-to-back games under new coach Des Hasler.

Cherry-Evans booted the match winner from 40 metres with less than a minute remaining in the first period of extra time.

“It was a bit of a hit and hope,” Cherry-Evans said. “I got lucky there. Sometimes you just know when it feels sweet. It was deceptively windy today but when I hit it I knew it was going to go close. I was quietly confident when I hit it.

“I got knocked over. I didn’t’ see it. I had to check myself and look back up at that stage it had gone through and the boys were running over. They are really special moments.”

He is becoming the best clutch player in the competition with his fifth game winning field goal in golden point – the most of any player.

Hasler described him as “ big moment player.”

Manly also lost back-rower Corey Waddell (concussion) in the opening half in front of 12,304 people.

BENNETT SAW IT COMING

South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett has noticed a dip in standards of his side at training and on the field in recent weeks. He said they have gradually performed worse since their round one win against the Roosters despite the loss against Manly being his club’s first since he took charge.

“Our performances have been getting worse since game one,” Bennettt said. “It was a reminder of them they need to prepare better. It’s’ not the talent not there. It was the attitude that killed us.

“We’ve been heading in that direction in that direction.”

REYNOLDS STRUGGLE

Adam Reynolds has a reputation as one of the game’s best general play and goal kickers. But the Rabbitohs halfback produced an uncharacteristic poor performance missing three shots at goal. A drop goal hit the post in the dying stage of regulation time where he missed another in extra time.

“Never one guy when we play like that,” Bennett said. “There was a whole lot of them. H wasn’t by himself believe me.

“I know how hard he practices (on his kicking). It was just one of those days.”

BUILT ON DEFENCE

The Sea Eagles completed at just 47 per cent and made 19 handling errors but it was their defensive resolve which saw them win. Hasler said his side produced lots of “resolve and grit” for the win.

“They are good hallmarks of any (good) team,” Hasler said.

A Marty Taupau try-saving tackle on Cameron Murray in the opening half typified Manly’s efforts while a Jake Trbojevic tackle on Campbell Graham forced the ball loose for Manase Fainu to score the only second half try.

HIA CONFUSION

There was confusion on the Rabbitohs interchange bench when centre Jacob Gagan was replaced using their eighth and final interchange with 10 minutes left. The on-field trainer wanted to use a HIA replacement but because George Burgess came on with the interchange card the Rabbitohs were unable to get that change back despite asking an interchange official.

MANLY 13 (M Fainu T Trbojevic tries D Cherry-Evans 2 goals D Cherry-Evans field goal) bt SOUTHSYDNEY 12 (S Burgess C Graham tries A Reynolds 2 goals) in extra time at Lottoland.
Referee: Grant Atkins, Liam Kennedy.
Crowd:12,304.

https://outline.com/SZ2A4u

Last edited:
That is the stuff I have been aching to see for a long long time from these blokes, even if we had lost, they showed guts and determination, their heads didn't drop, they overcome dodgy refs (we always cop it bad but they were disgraceful today), our star player going off, and basically had no one left on the bench, that's passion, that's pride, that's attitude. win or lose that was something to be proud of....

That we won
You fkn beauty, you got that up em !!!
Enjoy the win, I know I am...

That is the stuff I have been aching to see for a long long time from these blokes, even if we had lost, they showed guts and determination, their heads didn't drop, they overcome dodgy refs (we always cop it bad but they were disgraceful today), our star player going off, and basically had no one left on the bench, that's passion, that's pride, that's attitude. win or lose that was something to be proud of....

That we won
You fkn beauty, you got that up em !!!
Enjoy the win, I know I am...
Did you see sloth yelling at his team mates at the end after the field goal, they all hit the ground like a sack of spuds and he was doing his nut only one player had the balls to go shake Dces hand at that point and say good kick

Great win, showing resolve that we haven’t had in seasons past. However, I don’t want to get too far ahead of ourselves. Reynolds missed a lot of goal attempts off penalties, which we were lucky to concede. We won’t win many games with error rates like that, especially if we start to be considered a serious side teams have to get up for. Also, the TT injury really hurts us.

Very proud of the lads though, their efforts in defence were outstanding and we look a lot fitter than in the past.

Elgey is starting to take the line on. Parker made some great tackles in cover, big runs into the pack out of trouble and outplayed his opposition centre. AFB was the dominant forward in the game. Jake and Tommo defended brilliantly and worked hard. Someone needs to support Sirro more and he needs to get more involved as he regains match fitness. Elliot showed he is a reasonable first grade quality and reliable back utility. Garrick is coming along very nicely. Finally, DCE was phenomenal as a creator and leader out there.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...2/news-story/16728aa24a5c1438dd62438ba2bea44a

DAILYTELEGRAPH ›
Tom Trbojevic injured as Daly Cherry-Evans field goal helps Manly upset Rabbitohs 13-12
APRIL 06, 2019

Daly Cherry-Evans did not see his match winning field goal in golden point but knew it went over after hitting it sweetly to deliver Manly an upset 13-12 win against South Sydney.

The Sea Eagles victory was soured by a recurrence of the hamstring injury to fullback Tom Trbojevic which is set to sideline him long term. Trbojevic, who missed the first two games of the season with a hamstring injury, limped from the field with his first touch of the second half after pulling up untouched on a kick return.

His brother Jake said it “did not look good” for Trbojevic after re-injuring his left hamstring.

“It’s never good when they stop and get injured like that,” Jake said.

While Trbojevic’s injury may cruel his Origin hopes, the Sea Eagles showed great resolve to win back-to-back games under new coach Des Hasler.

Cherry-Evans booted the match winner from 40 metres with less than a minute remaining in the first period of extra time.

“It was a bit of a hit and hope,” Cherry-Evans said. “I got lucky there. Sometimes you just know when it feels sweet. It was deceptively windy today but when I hit it I knew it was going to go close. I was quietly confident when I hit it.

“I got knocked over. I didn’t’ see it. I had to check myself and look back up at that stage it had gone through and the boys were running over. They are really special moments.”

He is becoming the best clutch player in the competition with his fifth game winning field goal in golden point – the most of any player.

Hasler described him as “ big moment player.”

Manly also lost back-rower Corey Waddell (concussion) in the opening half in front of 12,304 people.

BENNETT SAW IT COMING

South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett has noticed a dip in standards of his side at training and on the field in recent weeks. He said they have gradually performed worse since their round one win against the Roosters despite the loss against Manly being his club’s first since he took charge.

“Our performances have been getting worse since game one,” Bennettt said. “It was a reminder of them they need to prepare better. It’s’ not the talent not there. It was the attitude that killed us.

“We’ve been heading in that direction in that direction.”

REYNOLDS STRUGGLE

Adam Reynolds has a reputation as one of the game’s best general play and goal kickers. But the Rabbitohs halfback produced an uncharacteristic poor performance missing three shots at goal. A drop goal hit the post in the dying stage of regulation time where he missed another in extra time.

“Never one guy when we play like that,” Bennett said. “There was a whole lot of them. H wasn’t by himself believe me.

“I know how hard he practices (on his kicking). It was just one of those days.”

BUILT ON DEFENCE

The Sea Eagles completed at just 47 per cent and made 19 handling errors but it was their defensive resolve which saw them win. Hasler said his side produced lots of “resolve and grit” for the win.

“They are good hallmarks of any (good) team,” Hasler said.

A Marty Taupau try-saving tackle on Cameron Murray in the opening half typified Manly’s efforts while a Jake Trbojevic tackle on Campbell Graham forced the ball loose for Manase Fainu to score the only second half try.

HIA CONFUSION

There was confusion on the Rabbitohs interchange bench when centre Jacob Gagan was replaced using their eighth and final interchange with 10 minutes left. The on-field trainer wanted to use a HIA replacement but because George Burgess came on with the interchange card the Rabbitohs were unable to get that change back despite asking an interchange official.

MANLY 13 (M Fainu T Trbojevic tries D Cherry-Evans 2 goals D Cherry-Evans field goal) bt SOUTHSYDNEY 12 (S Burgess C Graham tries A Reynolds 2 goals) in extra time at Lottoland.
Referee: Grant Atkins, Liam Kennedy.
Crowd:12,304.

https://outline.com/SZ2A4u
That article is almost a word for transcript of the abc 702 live interviews after the game. #ripoff

my voice is horse and my current wife has threatened to call the police to have me taken away from all the yelling and frustration at the crooked reffereeing,but wow what a great win ,reminds me of a win we had against parra where we lost players had the ref against us yet still managed to win .
I think the year was 2008 ,
Not saying that will be repeated but just guts and deterimination to not only beat souffs but also the refs!!! who were diabolical
Cheer every one of our players for a great effort and esp DCE ,Marty , AFB , Fainu and Jake!!!!
Now lets hope TT hammy is only a twinge!!
Go Manly !!
Neigh

I had a feeling half way through the second half that manly were hanging on and could win.

Did you see sloth yelling at his team mates at the end after the field goal, they all hit the ground like a sack of spuds and he was doing his nut only one player had the balls to go shake Dces hand at that point and say good kick

Priceless....
It wasn't pretty, we made plenty of mistakes but we won, when we could have easily been blown off the park, and that is my take home point that never say die attitude....

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10