Game Day: Manly v Rabbids [Round 4, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Pre Match Thread here

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Brendan Elliott
4. Brad Parker
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Kane Elgey
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14. Manase Fainu
15. Jack Gosiewski
16. Corey Waddell
17. Toafofoa Sipley

18. Trent Hodkinson
19. Lachlan Croker
20. Kelepi Tanginoa
21. Taniela Paseka

Match Day Information

Gates open: 12.30pm

NSW Cup kick-off: 12.50pm:

Blacktown Workers vs Souths (Live on Fox)

NRL kick-off: 3pm (Live on Fox)

------
8th :smallredtriangle::happy:

Turbo
https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1114381883184304130?s=19

Nase
https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1114397495663026176?s=19

Chezza

https://twitter.com/SeaEagles/status/1114414711594868736?s=19

Team song

https://twitter.com/SeaEagles/status/1114413156481163264?s=19

Match Highlights 13-12 :party:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBVrn_SGKAOv3yKPi4Oc3-A

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/06/match-highlights-sea-eagles-v-rabbitohs/

https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/tels...4/extended-highlights-sea-eagles-v-rabbitohs/

Presser
https://www.nrl.com/tv/matches/telstra-premiership/2019/round-4/sea-eagles-round-4/#_=_

Last edited:
ManlyVsRabbits2.jpg

Trying not to get too carried away but we should have too many attacking options for Souths to contain. Expecting an arm wrestle at times, but also some fast free flowing play from both teams. We should have them on the ropes by the 60 min mark and cruise away to a commanding win.

Manly 32

Souths 16

No excuses today. First few weeks we blamed the weather (the other team played in it too) and we now face a very good team on our home turf in perfect conditions. Really hope we get a good crowd in and we play exciting smart football. We've played 1 1/2 games of excellent footy so lets hope that momentum continues. Go Manly

Hmmmm wonder what a Manly first try scorer into a 13+ win equals. (Aside from possible wishful thinking) :p Come on boys !!!

Pre Match Thread here

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Brendan Elliott
4. Brad Parker
5. Reuben Garrick
6. Kane Elgey
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14. Manase Fainu
15. Jack Gosiewski
16. Corey Waddell
17. Toafofoa Sipley

18. Trent Hodkinson
19. Lachlan Croker
20. Kelepi Tanginoa
21. Taniela Paseka

Match Day Information

Gates open: 12.30pm

NSW Cup kick-off: 12.50pm:

Blacktown Workers vs Souths (Live on Fox)

NRL kick-off: 3pm (Live on Fox)

2pm kickoff in Qld!

Seems a totally winnable game for Manly on paper and can only hope that they can click into gear like they did for large portions against the Warriors . Vital for D C E to be on his game again and especially his kicking game , Tom of course was great last week and will be a key player today but Souths have their share of smart attacking backs as well . Just so important also for Parker and Elliot and Elgey to at least hold their own and both sides have quite competitive forward packs . Souths have shown so far this season that they can gel together as a unit well and Manly seem well on their way in this department if last week "s form is any indication . If Manly can repeat their defensive resolve and application from their last outing , think that they will be well on their way to get the job done today .

Seems a totally winnable game for Manly on paper and can only hope that they can click into gear like they did for large portions against the Warriors . Vital for D C E to be on his game again and especially his kicking game , Tom of course was great last week and will be a key player today but Souths have their share of smart attacking backs as well . Just so important also for Parker and Elliot and Elgey to at least hold their own and both sides have quite competitive forward packs . Souths have shown so far this season that they can gel together as a unit well and Manly seem well on their way in this department if last week "s form is any indication . If Manly can repeat their defensive resolve and application from their last outing , think that they will be well on their way to get the job done today .
Agreed mate - on paper very well matched I reckon. It will come down to who plays smarter and field position will be huge. Reynolds is playing out of his skin and will kick us out of the contest with pin point bombs and repeat sets. Shut him down and we have a really good shot at getting the win.

Go you Eagles- there seems to be a lot of confidence on Silvertails today hope we are all as confident for a win at approximately 4.30pmthis arvo

Hmmmm wonder what a Manly first try scorer into a 13+ win equals. (Aside from possible wishful thinking) :p Come on boys !!!
You'll get around 50/1 mate , there my favorite bet . Ill go Jake first try score into Manly 1_12

Geez love your confidence boys on the back of one good performance..Top side in comp, unbeaten and flogged us here last year.
Maybe the fact they have a weakened centre pairing will help us as our three quarter line looks really weak and Walker loves running at them.

Is this Tommy Turbot a bigger faster better version than last year? It certainly looks like it !

If he is we have a rough chance but Burgess and Murray need to be stopped. Close to the best two forwards in comp for mine. Don’t get in their face and they’ll murder us. This is the yardstick today. I don’t buy that wet track excuse.Its a cop out. In reality given our severe lack of speed out wide the wet should be a bonus. And both sides play in it.

A good performance against good opposition with some real tough nuts in it can set up the year confidence wise. Warrriors will get flogged often this year. The bunnies won’t. This is a chance to show us our boys can mix it with the elite as well as the also rans.No excuses at all today.

I’ll drink the infectious Kool Aid and run with a Manly win in a tight one.with no real confidence.
Geez it would be nice to win at Brookie for a change

Good luck boys!! Give it to them

Last edited:
Geez love your confidence boys on the back of one good performance..Top side in comp, unbeaten and flogged us here last year.
Maybe the fact they have a weakened centre pairing will help us as our three quarter line looks really weak and Walker loves running at them.

Is this Tommy Turbot a bigger faster better version than last year? It certainly looks like it !

If he is we have a rough chance but Burgess and Murray need to be stopped. Close to the best two forwards in comp for mine. Don’t get in their face and they’ll murder us. This is the yardstick today. I don’t buy that wet track excuse.Its a cop out. Both sides play in it.

A good performance on a dry track against good opposition with some real tough nuts in it can set up the year confidence wise. Warrriors will get flogged often this year. The bunnies won’t. This is a chance to show us our boys can mix it with the elite as well as the also rans.No excuses at all today.

I’ll drink the infectious Kool Aid and run with a Manly win in a tight one.with no real confidence.
Geez it would be nice to win at Brookie for a change

Good luck boys!! Give it to them

I missed last weeks game ( was busy catching some Papuan Black Bass.....google them) but I’m with you , we are playing one of the top two sides.

Love the confidence but I don’t think we are quite at their standard just yet!

Many people have raised some very good points about today's game which started me thinking ....

.. but I caught myself just in time ... and remembered that form and sound judgement seem to play very little part in results these days ...

So for no better reason than I feel it in my waters ... Manly by 6 ...... #StickitupthemManly .... and #BeltaBurgii ...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8