Game Day: Manly v Panthers [Round 18, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
We simply weren't good enough tonight. Panthers deserve the win. They had better line speed. They won the ruck. Wanted that a bit more. As a team we got sucked in by the Riffs Raff. We are a good footy team. But we showed we are a bit young between the ears and mental weakness out there tonight. That could just have been a great lesson for this side moving forward. Let's hope they learn quickly from that one. When a Bozo coached teams tryline defence starts to get inpenitrible. A grand final victory is generally not to far away.

Penrith are crap don't worry about tonight's result for what ever the reason Manly where never meant to win this match. With the penalty count and our lack of ball I think we did well , love your guts our Manly boys.

There's very little humidity in Southern California. I grew up in Indiana where it's really thick. Parts of New Orleans are sketchy as hell. I've never been. Would like to go.
I was Indy about 3 weeks back, thankfully I missed the really hot and humid days and it wasn't too bad, plus I was in glorious air conditioning all day every day too

We simply weren't good enough tonight. Panthers deserve the win. They had better line speed. They won the ruck. Wanted that a bit more. As a team we got sucked in by the Riffs Raff. We are a good footy team. But we showed we are a bit young between the ears and mental weakness out there tonight. That could just have been a great lesson for this side moving forward. Let's hope they learn quickly from that one. When a Bozo coached teams tryline defence starts to get inpenitrible. A grand final victory is generally not to far away.
No Penrith didn't deserve the win they where gifted the win any team with that amount of ball should have won by more
they are an unorganised team with no leadership and a crap coach.

Baz tactics: intentionally give away penalties, to reset the defensive line. Problem is **** refereeing costs us dearly, loose carries called penalties, leads to even more defensive pressure. This loss reminded me of round 1, against parra. We still looked the better side, easily. 14-4 pen count, 47 % possession & 360 tackles sapped our energy reserves & WE STILL COULDA WON THAT GAME! I'm proud of these boys, certainly not a bad loss. Lane, Siro & Jakey are my back row. Frank doesn't do much wrong, but he's just a bench player, Lane offers far more. Very impressive tonight he was.

I was Indy about 3 weeks back, thankfully I missed the really hot and humid days and it wasn't too bad, plus I was in glorious air conditioning all day every day too
Wow dude. That's my hometown. Very cool. Never been to your country. I was living in Manchester and was an illegal alien. I worked under the dole. I paid taxes! I met a lady from the Dutch embassy and I thought I had a work permit. It fell out. I had this thing with Rotterdam. Not sure why. Where do you live?

No Penrith didn't deserve the win they where gifted the win any team with that amount of ball should have won by more
they are an unorganised team with no leadership and a crap coach.
And an ugly halfback. Normally you would argue a strong chin is a good feature, however young Cleary makes Kirk Douglas look weak-chinned.

His chin is just too out there.

Can't believe TB, well done on his press conference
You are a star
I finally think he gets what being manly sea eagles is
He looked so bemused like all of us of the penalty count.
We are in safe hands I say

I seriously doubt Manly had 47% of possession. It looked to be less than 40% to me - and yet, according to the stats (which are always dodgy) we made more ground than the 'Riff.
What's with Wright not taking the kicks tonight? Not that it mattered.
The Perenara Panthers wouldn't have allowed any other result.

The referees deserve to be run over by a cement truck because of their inept, corrupt, bias and unprofessional display tonight. ABSOLUTELY****INGPATHETIC!

Dud try

https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/league/nrl/manly-dudded-in-dodgy-try!632285
The try was a contentious one, however, as the NRL bunker awarded it despite the fact Penrith teammate Waqa Blake had possession first and seemed to transfer the ball to Watene-Zelezniak.

Bunkers Decision explained
https://twitter.com/NRLBunker/status/883600234277777408

DEMw1tZU0AAd6b2.jpg

DEMyTBOUMAAaw1B.jpg

DEM0cjaU0AEfQNC.jpg

DEM1exFV0AALLqz.jpg

Last edited:
Wow dude. That's my hometown. Very cool. Never been to your country. I was living in Manchester and was an illegal alien. I worked under the dole. I paid taxes! I met a lady from the Dutch embassy and I thought I had a work permit. It fell out. I had this thing with Rotterdam. Not sure why. Where do you live?
Live in Amsterdam but from Sydney originally. Not a huge fan of Rotterdam. Had to drive through it on Thursday on the way back from Belgium just cemented my hatred more

Wish I wasn't 2/2 in the tipping comp
Had a feeling all week we would get done but to have thrown against us , we were never going to win that game.
Proud of my boys tonight

Only seen the last 25 mins. I did see poor discipline from Darcy and Kapow giving them more possession and field position when we really needed it, and then catch-up football which is always low percentage (but the short dropout was fantastic :). Wondering if the absence of Jake T had something to to with the stupid plays by players who should and do know better.

Perenara was, is, and always will be an idiot so you'd have to go into the game prepared for him, but I'll have to watch the rest to see if it looks more than this. I tend to believe more in the square-ups principle to explain how refs operate but the count doesn't reflect that tonight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11