Game Day: Manly v Panthers [Round 18, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

HappilyManly

Journey Man
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matthew Wright
3. Dylan Walker
4. Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Frank Winterstein
16. Shaun Lane
13. Darcy Lussick

14. Cameron Cullen
15. Lloyd Perrett
17. Addin Fonua-blake
20.Brad Parker

LADDER POSITION
3 :pointup:@:)

GAME DAY INFO

Saturday 8th July

Pepper Stadium, Penrith

GAMES TIMES

Gates Open: 1:00pm

All Live on FOX
NYC 1:10pm
Intrust 3:00pm
NRL 5:30 pm

CASUALTY WARD

Brett Stewart (Knee, Season)
Steve Matai (Neck, Season)

Jorge Taufua (ACL,indefinite)

Curtis Sironen (Pecs, Round 25)
Lewis Brown (Knee, Round 20)

TIPS

https://silvertails.net/pickem/2017-jan-davis-memorial-tipping-competition.3/

POST GAME SUMMARY
DEM8EhkUQAENOfm.jpg

Penrith Panthers 16 (Tamou, Watene-Zelezniak tries; Cleary 4 goals)
defeated
Sea Eagles 8 (Walker, Trbojevic tries)
Half time: Panthers 12-4.
Crowd: 14,625

Match Highlights

http://www.nrl.com/rd-18-panthers-v-sea-eagles-hls/tabid/10959/contentid/921917/default.aspx

Presser
http://www.nrl.com/rd-18-press-conference-sea-eagles/tabid/10959/contentid/921930/default.aspx

Team Song

Last edited:
Manly 28 Penrith 23
Last second win for us.

I wish I shared all your optimism with Manly winning by huge margins. Don't get me wrong there is nothing more I would love than for that to happen. But if our boys go in there with that attitude, simply by virtue that souths smashed them last week, then we will get railroaded. We need to give them the respect they deserve, they'll want to bounce back from an ugly loss, redeem themselves in front of their home fans and try to keep their finals chances afloat by trying to keep up with the top 8. So it's a massive game for them. Having said that if our boys are focused and do the simple things right, we are more than good enough to come home with a win. Go the eagles!

I wish I shared all your optimism with Manly winning by huge margins. Don't get me wrong there is nothing more I would love than for that to happen. But if our boys go in there with that attitude, simply by virtue that souths smashed them last week, then we will get railroaded. We need to give them the respect they deserve, they'll want to bounce back from an ugly loss, redeem themselves in front of their home fans and try to keep their finals chances afloat by trying to keep up with the top 8. So it's a massive game for them. Having said that if our boys are focused and do the simple things right, we are more than good enough to come home with a win. Go the eagles!
Yup agreed...Hell, on paper the Panthers still have a very strong outfit, they just have a crap coach so they play clunky with no game plan. Add to that most are now on cushy long term contracts so maybe a bit of complacency has set in. That said we will really miss Jakeys aggression and water tight defence up the guts..Poor Api cant do all the work so someone is gonna have to step up and roll up their sleeves. If we can match them in the middle and start strong I think we're wayyy tougher mentally than this mob. Good kicking game and line speed and i see us running away with it late. Go Manly

They have a very good team ... we better not underestimate them !.... GO MANLY .... having said that, us by 8

They have a very very good team, surprisingly not playing very well.

They are on the cusp of the 8 and know that with a few more losses they are probably dusted for 2017.

I expect desperation , if our boys go in there cocky we will be blown out of the water.

They'll get the home ground ref advantage ( applies to everyone except Manly), so it's going to be one tough game to win.

Doable, BUT only if the attitude is spot on.

Let's think of it this way:

Penrith got belted by Souths

Souths got beat by the Roosters

Roosters were belted by the Sharks

We belted the Sharks

That means we should win, right ?
Ooooooor we beat the sharks, Rabbitohs and roosters :nod:. It's a sign, with got this one in the bag

Manly by 10, still got the superior forward pack (only just as siro and Trbo out) and backline (power, speed, defence, mental strength)

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10