Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
View attachment 3542
BJ and Myles paying respect at the ANZAC Dawn Service
View attachment 3543

Great to see. :)

oJZOHSv.jpg

And your opinion/judgement of players is not as good as you think.Parcell is 10 times the player Korisau is and Parcell will play Origin

It's impossible to say for a fact that he will or won't but in the fair dinkum department, I don't see a very crafty player, more an opportunist with some speed. To be an elite hooker, you really need to have smarts and I haven't seen them in Parcell yet (yet being the operative word).

Good points Turbo. But Api has been playing half, not hooker. His efforts as hooker were found a little wanting and Parcell was much better than he was. But he's the coach as you point out and he's the one who has to wear the consequences. Its not as if only a few on these forums consider Parcell the better option and though they arent coaches, it does say something when a majority consider a mistake may be being made. They also watch footie closely. No one has suggested Barret isnt a potentially fine coach. But I sense a few partial responses in his selection style.
A lot of people are picking Parcell based on a try he scored in the reserve grade grand final last year and some kick chases in the 9's.

It's impossible to say for a fact that he will or won't but in the fair dinkum department, I don't see a very crafty player, more an opportunist with some speed. To be an elite hooker, you really need to have smarts and I haven't seen them in Parcell yet (yet being the operative word).

To be fair he's played how many first grade games.

Matt Ballin also came to us with " potential " and how did that end up?

I can feel an ambush today. I hope we can finally play 80mins of good footy.

Which way do u feel it going in terms of the ambush us getting done or us ambushing the Knights ?

And I agree hope we can finally play the full 80 mins

What's the weather like in Drugcastle today?

Top of 22 predicted, mostly cloudy with occasional sunny areas breaking through. Light coolish southerly wind.
Should stay dry, pretty good conditions at the International Sports Centre I reckon.
Heading there soon, with Maroon & White flag & jersey..
We should beat them well, if we're on our game, starting with good, solid defence the whole game.
Go Manly!

Ladder _ Knights 7th, Manly 16th
Liam Knight is watching on

7mins 17 year old prodigy Cade Cust try
Manly 6-0

10mins great pass from Nicho, Jayden el-Jalkh try

Manly 10-0

37mins Harlan Collins try
Manly 14-12

53mins Brad Parker after 2 previous attempts , scores

Manly 20-18

60mins Nicho scores
Manly 24-18

FT. Manly 24-30. 7th loss :(

John Walker looks good aling with Ramien, Nicho, Jayden, Parker and Bainbridge

Last edited:
Had a peek at Drugcastle's forum they are worryingly positive about their chances. Sock it to em boys like last year Rd 9 at Brookie.

Had a peek at Drugcastle's forum they are worryingly positive about their chances. Sock it to em boys like last year Rd 9 at Brookie.

I smell an ambush, it's ripe for one and we always seem to play sides back into form.

Hope I'm proved wrong but to me it's Knights by 6-10.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6