Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parcell is not as good as some of you are making out...he has been solid rather than brilliant. I haven't seen him set up a try or split the markers in 6 games of football. He doesn't always pick the best time to run and has been caught by the markers a number of times. One thing I have liked is his service from dummy half; he has a decent pass.

Api has a good short kicking game, is a robust defender, and can break the line; I am fine with him getting a start.
Finally some one sees past there love for potential and sees who really deserves the number 9

Yeah mate I honestly don't see DCE back this week it's a bad injury he got and was lucky to have 5 weeks on the side line. And to everyone saying Barret is a crap coach and can't select. I'd like to see how you would handle going to one of the best players in the comp ATM and telling him he is dropped. Api deserves the spot IMO but so does Parcell, tough descion. But Api needs to be given a chance plus it's against Newcastle so why not see how he goes. His defence is great ATM, and I'm sure he has fixed his early season problems. He is high on confidence and think about it, manly spent the pre season training with Api as hooker. He was always going to be first choice. Just my opinion but I don't want Api dropped for some guy who is playing worse than him. Don't get me wrong Parcell has been amazing but not as good Api

Good points Turbo. But Api has been playing half, not hooker. His efforts as hooker were found a little wanting and Parcell was much better than he was. But he's the coach as you point out and he's the one who has to wear the consequences. Its not as if only a few on these forums consider Parcell the better option and though they arent coaches, it does say something when a majority consider a mistake may be being made. They also watch footie closely. No one has suggested Barret isnt a potentially fine coach. But I sense a few partial responses in his selection style.

Yeah mate I honestly don't see DCE back this week it's a bad injury he got and was lucky to have 5 weeks on the side line. And to everyone saying Barret is a crap coach and can't select. I'd like to see how you would handle going to one of the best players in the comp ATM and telling him he is dropped. Api deserves the spot IMO but so does Parcell, tough descion. But Api needs to be given a chance plus it's against Newcastle so why not see how he goes. His defence is great ATM, and I'm sure he has fixed his early season problems. He is high on confidence and think about it, manly spent the pre season training with Api as hooker. He was always going to be first choice. Just my opinion but I don't want Api dropped for some guy who is playing worse than him. Don't get me wrong Parcell has been amazing but not as good Api

It is not a simple black and white situation. both bring certain skill sets, and both have done well with their opportunities. I can understand the parcell case, his service from dummy half has been crisper than Api's and the forwards have rolled better with him. He is a talent and will be our long term hooker.

Api on the other hand has bounced back from being dropped and gives 100% in attack and defense. If parcell is not fully fit he has earned another opportunity to impress at dummy half. But if the service isn't there, and he takes wrong options, he will be crucified.

It's not a bad problem for a coach to have.

I think next season they will both be in the 17 for sure . This year was always going to be a juggling act for barrett and with injuries to key players in key positions. Api has to be in the team this week even if dce plays , parcell will get a shot again ,he has been out injured. A nice headache to have.

This is a must win game, we have won with parcell at hooker and not api.

I guess the final reshuffle depends on availability of parcell and dce. Got no problem with api at half if needs be, got a problem if parcell is dropped for a hooker that hasn't given us a win.

Well look api probably deserves the spot ATM but Parcell has been playing well but not as good as api has been. I'm happy to give api a shot at hooker his ball service and defence IMO is better then Parcell. And Api may not be as fast but he is quick and has a larger skill set. Api should def be in the Side there is no doubt

You must be joking?

Api giving better service from dummy half than Parcell? Hahahahaha

Parcell is not as good as some of you are making out...he has been solid rather than brilliant. I haven't seen him set up a try or split the markers in 6 games of football. He doesn't always pick the best time to run and has been caught by the markers a number of times. One thing I have liked is his service from dummy half; he has a decent pass.

Api has a good short kicking game, is a robust defender, and can break the line; I am fine with him getting a start.
And your opinion/judgement of players is not as good as you think.Parcell is 10 times the player Korisau is and Parcell will play Origin

Can you be dropped when you did not play the week before due to injury....and there is no reserve grade to play in? It could be a case of not being fit enough?
I know he was named but when does that actually mean anything
So maybe it is not worth jumping to conclusions (although that could make this place pretty boring)

If Snakes is out, it would be very interesting who comes in this week. Willy Army on one wing. Wright surely can't just rock up and play. I wonder if Moltz is fit hes due back? Green. Lavaka! I expect Barrett would go with Green but may be the unexpected is not completely out of the question.

Jake Granville played fullback whilst he learnt how to tackle. He was good enough in attack to be the QRL's best.

Tom dosent want to talk and organise at the back. I can't see Parcell having that problem being a 9. He sure is quick enough.

It may not be likely, but dam ID love to see how Parcel went wearing the 1.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7