Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2016]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
These late developments concern me......very much.......!

I thought that irrespective of drugcastle's form in some of their games thus far, good, bad or whatever. That this game would be a tough one but felt we could get the win in the end. But now I am thinking it is going to be a very, very tough game and our chances of a win have become far less if the changes are true.

No offence to Api, he has been doing fine, but Parcell is by far the better option at Hooker.

If Snake is out, even though he has been a bit too quiet for my liking, our defence has looked better with him in the team.

And if Chez is back less than 100% fit, this could be a problem.

It was always going to be a challenge having Wiliame on one of our wings, but with the possible changes this may prove to be a disaster.

:banghead:

Last edited:
Well look api probably deserves the spot ATM but Parcell has been playing well but not as good as api has been. I'm happy to give api a shot at hooker his ball service and defence IMO is better then Parcell. And Api may not be as fast but he is quick and has a larger skill set. Api should def be in the Side there is no doubt
Parcell's defence is way better, Api misses a bunch of tackles most games.

I think we will be fine. If Parcell is fit he may be on the bench. Sounds highly likely DCE will be back so we all should be happy And optimistic about this.
If Snake is out we know Turbo will be good.

Parcell's defence is way better, Api misses a bunch of tackles most games.

Api missed 5 tackles last week, his second haul of 5 this year as he also did it against the Dogs. He's averaging 3 missed per game this year (as hooker he averaged 3.5 missed). He has missed 18 tackles (and made 145) in 5 games this season.

Parcell on the other hand is averaging 0.9 missed per game. He's missed 5 in 7 games and has made 230.

At hooker, Api missed 7 tackles in 2 games. Compare that to Parcell missing 5 in 7 games.

Who is proving to be the better defender?

And as Nordburg alluded to.....Api as a halfback has virtually starved Killer and Tommy of any quality ball in his 3 games there. Tommy is only averaging 156 metres per game because of his first two games at fullback and because he often plays fullback for kick returns. If he had to rely on getting metres through backline moves with Api at half he'd be making less metres than Luke Burgess.

Last edited:
DCE is definitely playing tomorrow. Let's just say there's been some run ins today in Newcastle. Didn't ask/wasn't told about any other changes but if Parcell misses out through any reason other than injury then Barrett is a moron.
Anyway, still gonna be a tough match tomorrow, and I'll be very happy with any sort of victory. It's gonna be a huge crowd.

I have not heard anything re snake re out ( fox sports didn't say much about that ) but they did say DCE strong chance returning!!

Surely snake would want to play on ANZAC day!!

IMG_20160425_063159.jpg

BJ and Myles paying respect at the ANZAC Dawn Service
IMG_20160425_064536.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8