Game Day: Manly v Knights [Round 20, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
8AC10C50-0B8D-4D9B-844A-8368DDA2A94A.jpeg
246C96D9-B812-4479-907E-A07313AF6994.jpeg

A few terrible errors, awesome defence, and several fantastic attacking plays, should have been a 40+ win but refs kept us on a leash for the moist part.

Des has to be one of, if not the greatest rugby league coach in the game's history. Bellamy has done wonders at Melbourne, but he's also had the advantages of a top squad, and a TPA arrangement that has consistently given his side an UNFAIR advantage. Des has done it without these advantages and building sides up from scratch.

Des has to be one of, if not the greatest rugby league coach in the game's history. Bellamy has done wonders at Melbourne, but he's also had the advantages of a top squad, and a TPA arrangement that has consistently given his side an UNFAIR advantage. Des has done it without these advantages and building sides up from scratch.

Agree.
Although impossible, the icing would be if one or the other succeeded with reversed circumstances to fully judge each of their coaching credentials.
Maybe Des would not shine with a bottomless cap or whether Bellyache would not even glow with a Manly style salary cap and thereby unlimited access to stars and up-comers.
Maybe.

The ground looks great!!

I wish I could be there but living in Adelaide makes it a tad hard.
The move to 5/8, with Parker back in the centres has been an absolute master stroke... it strengthens our team defensively in two positions and somehow gives us more attacking options as well. Walker has gone from strength to strength at the Six..

It has for sure. Walker has made a few good tackles rushing in but after 2 weeks now that wouldnt have gone unnoticed by rival coaches. It will be exploited and cost us very soon.he is defending like a centre at times which is expected i guess. So far so good though

Have to say today was the best day its been at Brookie for a long time. The 15,012 were much noisier than the 15K crowd 2 weeks ago and, with Golden Eagles day, and the fireworks, the whole atmosphere was awesome.

A wonderful afternoon at Brookie, topped off with superb wins for Blacktown and Manly! :happy::party:

P.S. Had a pre-game thrill when Max Krilich chatted to me walking from the Leagies to the game.

Certainly agree Alinda
There was an electric atmosphere of anticipation and nerves that turned into noise when it was clear that we were on song

Max is a legend
Got to have a bite to eat with the bomb thrower and others and he certainly is a funny man with an astute and clever footy mind

Absolute legend is our captain courageous

Woke up just now
Still buzzing from the day
No voice at all
Little dusty
Some kebab stains on my shirt from the kebab shop opposite the pub still open at 1am
2 coasters from the boat shed with phone numbers on them in my back pocket

Driving home now to the south coast to nervously check where I left my tab tickets for us to make the 8 , the 4 and win the comp

Few of Rueben’s mates from Gerringing in the foyer when we left looking as dusty as me

Thank god designated drivers

Go manly

Have to say today was the best day its been at Brookie for a long time. The 15,012 were much noisier than the 15K crowd 2 weeks ago and, with Golden Eagles day, and the fireworks, the whole atmosphere was awesome.

A wonderful afternoon at Brookie, topped off with superb wins for Blacktown and Manly! :happy::party:
Yep, perfect afternoon at Brookie - sun bathing the hill for almost the whole game. And even with over 15K in there, it was never uncomfortable and felt like we could fit in a few more.
My only complaint is those horrible 1980s Tandy/Realistic speakers on flimsy metal poles (obviously assembled by Trent in his spare time) by the fences on the hill side of the ground. Look so cheap and nasty and obstruct the view of the field. It’s criminal how neglected Brookie has been over the years. Still the best place to watch footy in Sydney by a long, long margin.

The bulldog supporters may not agree with you.... but that’s fine

I’m off the drink these days. So sitting here clear headed, about to delve into my favourite part of ST after a win...reading the game day thread from the start.

My sincere advice to you is ... start drinking again ... now .... if you derive any pleasure whatsoever from reading the discordant ramplings of over-excited and emotive underwear wearing couch quarterbacks typing mindlessly between bites of sausage rolls and quaffing volumous quantities of jungle juice .... then your mind is obviously having a catastropic reaction to alchohol depriivation ...

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10