Pre-Game Manly v Knights [Round 18, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

42 12
4 Pines Park
16 Jul 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrick
Saab
Harper
Koula
Toopaloopa
Foran
DCE
Keppie
Crocker
Sipley
Haumole
Davey
Jake T

14 Walker
15 Schuster
16 Marty
17 Paseka

18 Aloaai
19 Ben T
20 Bullimore
21 Kurt De Luis
22 Weekes

Last edited:
Knights have some good players but Manly should have a clear advantage, in particular, there is no comparison between the 2 benches. Sea Eagles are way stronger.
The only concern is that we're favourites and we always beat teams below us... so we'd better make sure we do it again!

Surely, Aloiai should be in the starting side?? Yes he definitely should be, and don't call me Shirley.

My basic understanding is that there are concussions and there are concussions... for example Papenhuyzen missed 7-8 rounds after getting knocked out last year (and then he only came off the bench for a few weeks after that).

Not saying Josh has been impacted the same way but it's not really that far-fetched.

Newcastle must be playing Manly
Klemmer is allowed to play after last weeks send off
Not sure it was all that bad, but based on the NRL integrity system really clamping down, expected a week or 2

Aloiai will be playing, surely. Three weeks to recover from a head knock should be more than ample I would've thought. He's a big in for us if he is. Question is, who misses out when he comes back. I reckon Paseka showed enough against the drizzle to win a spot in the 17. Probably at the expense of Keppie - who hasn't been terrible but hans't set the world on fire either.
Keppie... gooornneeeeeeee

Like others, I'm surprised Aloiai is only 18th man today. He was knocked out though and I can only hope he's not as badly affected as Marty was 2 years ago.

There could be more to this than we know about, as usual, but at least he's named 18th man so thinking optimistically a lot can happen in 4 days 🤞

Looking forward to beers in the winter sun ... all three grades at Brookie :)
Should be a fantastic day with all three grades underway

If I was not rostered on shift work I would be there for sure

The Knights are a big disappointment this season and should be beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8