Pre-Game Manly v Knights [Round 18, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

42 12
4 Pines Park
16 Jul 2022 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure that Manly will not be taking the Knights lightly , earlier game this season and addmitedly in wet conditions , took a while for Manly to finally kick clear . Knigths still have some good individual players as well . Manly controlled the game quite well in that previous encounter and certainly hope that can be repeated . Both sides with players backing up from S O O duties . Good Manly bench , some good touches and footy against the Storm and for the most part good defence Hopefully the end of game fades can be overcome , Every remaining game will need a must win approach and can "t really let these very winnable games to get away from them . Any improvement on F and A will be a bonus as well

Team is carrying weight this week. I'm going to the game, first one in over a year and a half with @byso this week in the corporate area. So if you see 2 absolutely great looking blokes say Hi!

Knights have some good players but Manly should have a clear advantage, in particular, there is no comparison between the 2 benches. Sea Eagles are way stronger.
The only concern is that we're favourites and we always beat teams below us... so we'd better make sure we do it again!
Provided we use all of the bench effectively.

The Speedy Koula is Cocaine on the footy field that gets all fans high on ecstasy

Give Koula a bit of room and with his super sonic boom he is in untouched for a try

At Manly we have been blessed by some amazingly talented players that have made Made Manly Amazing

240948987_10226342376526581_7626396401424013754_n.jpg

From men
It was the wrong day to give up cocaine, I think is the line
From memory, in order it was wrong week to quit coffee, wrong week to quit smoking, wrong week to quit sniffing glue and wrong week to quit cocaine. I have to watch it again, it's on NEXTFLIX or Amazon Prime.

This is enough! Time to flog them.
Manly have lost 3 of the last 4 games vs Knights.
Manly have lost 5 of the last 8 games vs Knights.
Last 3 games at Brookie: Knights won 14-12 in 2020, Manly won 30-6 in 2019, Knights won 18-12 in 2018.
Manly won 30-6 in Rd 5 this year at Newcastle.

Brookvale Oval in 1996 against Manly. Sea Eagles 28 Knights 12.
d2312aea214d10c3f898f4d1a07addd6

Wonder if Pongia will back up on Sat night, best game I've seen him play for quite a while. Knights supporters are saying the same thing that we're saying about DCE. It's putting back to back game winning performances at club level is what the fans really want to see.

Wonder if Pongia will back up on Sat night, best game I've seen him play for quite a while. Knights supporters are saying the same thing that we're saying about DCE. It's putting back to back game winning performances at club level is what the fans really want to see.
Hopefully Davey does a far better job than Talaki defending on that left edge.
What a terrible mismatch and I feel sorry for Talaki being selected there, he defends ok at centre and still has his bad moments at club level, so Fittler throws him into a far bigger impact area he has not been playing in for the SOO decider and actually had him defending as an A defender also - poor bloke, what a Stinker of a call...Slater and staff must have been licking lips saying "Well wait a moment, NSW have gifted us a lifeline" and they were rightfully rewarded on many occasions

The history between our 2 clubs is no secret and if there’s one side drugcastle will turn up for, its us. Over recent years they have had the better of us. Glad this games at home, I want to see the boys play out a strong 80, no fade and run up a score, help our F@A.
Their season is done, ours is on the line, they can only look for glory games now. Apart from winning I just want to see us build on our recent form and finish off properly, that should see us rack up a solid win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8